Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 01-05-2022, 03:49 PM
asearcher

If someone worries too much OK to do this?

It has been on my mind for some time. Each time I get sick, ill with something, need to be examined and in the past hospital trips someone in my family worries so much and it is contagious .
If something is to happen to me (I am not worried so it is not that) I think it is better if the one I have in mind to be called from the hospital at first so then it can drive to where this other family member is, or else I am afraid that other one will panic.

How much are you obliged anyhow to tell someone in the family of your condition/s? Have anyone else met any trouble about this? Will they hold it against you later?

I have been told that I have no understanding or at least very little for my family's concern and been like that since I was a child. I don't like dotting and I don't like a problem to be expanded into something it ain't when there are for real more sick and injured people around, especially at a hospital, it just feels so silly.

Last edited by asearcher : 01-05-2022 at 05:26 PM.
Old 01-05-2022, 07:26 PM
Experiencer
How much are you obligated to tell a family member about your condition? You aren't obligated to tell them anything.
Will they hold it against you later? They might. Some people do.

Some people are addicted to worrying. How do you keep them from worrying? You can't. But you can minimize it by telling them you're fine. Usually the phone works. An in person visit by a third party is often perceived like a telegram - something terrible has happened - and can make things worse. But I'm sure you know that. This is your family. You know them. Do what you think is best.

Sadly, this covid thing has encouraged people to worry. Figures right? When we need to stay positive everyone fixates on terrible things. Why oh why is my species so bad at living? Shouldn't we have figured this stuff out by now? You're right - it is silly.
Old 01-05-2022, 08:25 PM
Master
I agree with justpassing : imo … it’s good they would want to know some people keep engagements, children, and marriage from family- I know my family we spend a large time apart: but doesn’t mean we don’t care, I don’t tell them about dentists or hospitals appointments ect just after it it might come up.

Arabic first language (English)—- bear with me and please be patient)
Old 03-05-2022, 04:39 PM
asearcher

Thank you both so much, I'll take that to heart :)