Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 09-04-2022, 09:34 PM
jaminhealth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
But eating doesn't have to be the original problem eventually leading to weight gain. Sleeping issues for example can mess things up and you can gain a lot because you are too tired during the day to exercise and lack motivation to make healthy meals. Stress is another issue.

Lack of sleep is a big one. I get 8-10 hrs nightly and I believe I've posted my sleep combo here in the Health group. I believe my good long sleep is like a fasting for my body.

And yes meds can do a job on many and I've worked long and hard to NOT take the hard core pharma drugs....if one can find workable alternative supplements to replace drugs that would be good, but maybe many can't....Even otc pain meds keep weight on, I'd like to NOT have to take any, and keep them to low dose every 6 hrs for OA issues and body pain. And those terrible opiods, omg.....

But again the amount and certain foods/drinks do a lot of weight damage.

There are many closet eaters out there.

Last edited by jaminhealth : 10-04-2022 at 12:18 AM.
Old 09-04-2022, 09:53 PM
jaminhealth

And making sure your thyroid is working properly: if one is HyperT then its weight loss, and HypoT weight gain. So many are not aware of the MANY symptoms of our thyroids NOT working properly. And docs fail their patients so much in this area. I've talked about my thyroid story here on other health issues....like Depression.

There are some 66 symptoms of thyroid dsyfunction.
Old 10-04-2022, 01:59 AM
Master
Let's not say meds do a job on 'many' when that percentage is very small. Let's say meds do a job on 'very few'. I know you mean the number of individuals is large, but that number is statistically insignificant populationwise.

I'm not a medic and can't say anything valid, so from on I'm just throwing it out there, but I wonder how many of these afflictions would have been prevented with a healthy lifestyle, and how many would be significantly reduced by changing lifestyle now. I bet it would be a pretty good percentage.
Old 10-04-2022, 02:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth
I believe my good long sleep. But again the amount and certain foods/drinks do a lot of weight damage.There are many closet eaters out there.
Great point. Sleep is a biggie. I mean sleeping more or less won't affect weight change as a function of calorie balance, but so important for rest and repair, muscle protein synthesis etc.
Old 10-04-2022, 11:12 PM
jaminhealth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Let's not say meds do a job on 'many' when that percentage is very small. Let's say meds do a job on 'very few'. I know you mean the number of individuals is large, but that number is statistically insignificant populationwise.

I'm not a medic and can't say anything valid, so from on I'm just throwing it out there, but I wonder how many of these afflictions would have been prevented with a healthy lifestyle, and how many would be significantly reduced by changing lifestyle now.
I know a pharma drug got me in the ER back the 1980's an anti inflammatory drug for my lower back arthritis.....that turned me OFF drugs...got a hole in my stomach from the drug....
Old 11-04-2022, 01:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth
I know a pharma drug got me in the ER back the 1980's an anti inflammatory drug for my lower back arthritis.....that turned me OFF drugs...got a hole in my stomach from the drug....
Yikes. I actually don't take any medication. If I listened to doctors I'd be on a few, but really I'm healthy, don't feel ill, perform OK at the gym, no chronic pain and I think psychologically 'bearable'. I think Pharma has good stuff, but 90% scams that no one really needs that do more harm that good. I Just don;t trust them, because when push comes to shove, they are corporate dogs with no interest at all in health and wellbeing.

It's a commercial trap because we do some research into the effects of nutrition and exercise, but there's really no financial return, so most of the capital goes into drugs, and drugs don;t make anyone fit and healthy. Hence people are eating high cal low nutrient food and playing with computers and we keep them alive with medicine. If we actually wanted health over the whole lifespan, McDonalds wouldn't even exist. That sort of thing would be an abomination, and do you know how hard it is to make a normal child obese? It's pretty much impossible, but we have created such perverse norms that iff you live 'normally' in our society, your liklihood of being obese is very high, and that probability continues to increase especially in the childhood cohort. That is going to create hormone imbalance and medication requirements later in life.

The sick thing is, we already know how to rectify it and understand babies need activity from birth and toddlers need to be moving all the time, tumbling etc from age 1 and small children need a very wide variety of activity jumping climbing running and max effort strength. Teen can start being more specific and team sport of various kinds that require refined motor skills and reaction times, and adults need hard things to do at least a few times a week. If we take a sample of people who have a life like that and compare them to a sample of people who do not, it's obvious that meds and hormonal problems will mostly be in the latter group.

Then we run into the underlying problem. If we make an active well fed lifestyle culturally normal in our society, the need for meds will be reduced by like 70% in a single generation. That's 100's of billions of dollars in lost revenues for the medical system.

Hence, changing the trend is an ideological issue, a social value issue, and you have to take on giants to turn things around.

It's not an 'anti-medicine' thing. Medicine is fantastic. But most of it is entirely unecessary, much of it is harmful, and the majority of ailments that are medicated are preventable, and many of them are reversible through good nutrition and activity. Then we are left with the fantastic medicines that are really helpful and essential.
Old 11-04-2022, 08:47 PM
jaminhealth

Having aches and pains of advancing arthritis and wear and tear of life is NOT a sick issue. I'm not sick and have not had a cold or flu for close to 40 yrs.

My Grape Seed Extract is my saving grace to my unsick life.
Old 13-04-2022, 12:08 PM
Newbie ;)

hi..yes weight problems might be depends on eating habits sometimes eating disorder may causes unnecessary weight gain or weight loss