Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 13-01-2023, 06:00 PM
Master
What we say we know is a function of mental construction and greater spiritual insights often do not fit into mental construction. So no, we don’t know but we can experience it for ourselves. Our deeper being knows the spiritual realm like our mind never will. The only person you have to prove your spiritual perspective to is yourself. This is not an objective endeavor.

I concur that not all babies or very young children display that simple wisdom, and some of it has to do with interference from adults, while others may have been born with some sort of limiting condition which interferes with their expression ability. I embrace that ageless wisdom is inside of all of us, we are born with it, divine knowledge is part of the fabric of our soul, just like love is also the fabric of that spiritual self.

Having worked with a lot of young children and babies as a professional; I found most were very intuitive and that is how they express their wisdom. Ask a lot of children how do you know about something they may have said, and often the child will respond “I don’t know how I know, I just know,” Even kids I saw in war zones who had witnessed a lot of trauma surprised me with their insights about life.
Old 13-01-2023, 08:42 PM
Experiencer

The question has been asked why a spirit returning prematurely (neo-natal, termination etc.) does not return to the etheric world in the form of the advanced spirit it may well be. It appears such a spirit continues living and developing as a child.

Another interesting conversation I think.
Old 14-01-2023, 02:22 AM
Master
boyce, I have seen hundreds of people die, including children and babies, and I just do not believe in the concept of “premature death.” I feel people die when its their time to die regardless of their age or time spent on this planet.

As a former U.S. Army combat medic in Vietnam during that war, American soldiers would give me letters, notes, etc., to send to their loved ones. Many of those soldiers had premonitions, or had a very realistic dreams, about their own death, and frequently they died the exact way they told me they would die. I witnessed the same thing as an ambulance paramedic and as a nurse working in a hospital or hospice. Lots of people know when they are going to die, and I might suggest that babies and young children may also have these internal notifications about their own death. Actually souls may know when their physical death will occur before they even enter a womb to take a physical birth.
Old 14-01-2023, 08:53 AM
Experiencer

I should have written "seemingly premature death" but we are privileged in understanding what we do about this situation and also in appreciating why a slight change of wording is justified.

I'm a regular guy though who sees parents devastated by the tragedy of their baby dying. I'm also someone who has lived the experience. Such deaths are most definitely considered premature by sufferers - I chose that word deliberately - and they would need much persuasion to see it any other way.
Old 14-01-2023, 09:08 AM
Experiencer

This thread was intended to consider children and their specialness in his dimension. It queers the pitch to introduce accounts and experiences involving adults, worthy though they be of discussion.

I have no doubt some, perhaps many or even most, incarnates are aware of their impending deaths. As with much else I am comfortable to declare I don't know. It might be, though, that experience of deaths in war, hospital and hospices might not reflect the general situation. I can explain why I think that might be so but this is not the right conversation.
Old 14-01-2023, 09:28 AM
Experiencer

changed

(I've changed here the wording of my earlier posting.)

When the spirit of a baby or young child returns to the etheric world why does it not appear as a mature spirit rather than as a child?
Old 14-01-2023, 09:56 AM
Experiencer

Other than in sci-fi and fantasy there's only one way into this physical world and that's to be born into it.

Teachers and guides have told us that life here has very special value in enhancing spiritual progress. They've also said there are ready-takers for any and all opportunities to incarnate. The more children coming into the world, the more the opportunities.

But there are so many negatives in having children one might ask whether it might have been necessary to 'hard-wire' our distant ancestors to reproduce. Without it how likely would it have been that this world could have met its design brief, one might ask? After that particular ball had been set rolling natural selection would have kicked in to take care of reproduction in subsequent generations. That's why we're at where we're at.

Makes you think, eh?
Old 14-01-2023, 10:15 AM
Experiencer

"What we say we know is a function of mental construction and greater spiritual insights often do not fit into mental construction. Our deeper being knows the spiritual realm like our mind never will."

I see it like this. What we experience as our knowledge is a mix of objective detail, subjective perception, personal experience/understanding modulated by individual spiritual progression.

Yes our spirit has a comprehension of the etheric vastly superior to what we can muster while incarnate and mind is outside of that, so-called deeper being and mind perhaps synonymous.
Old 14-01-2023, 12:56 PM
Master

Re your statement: When the spirit of a baby or young child returns to the etheric world why does it not appear as a mature spirit rather than as a child?

When you say APPEAR I guess you are saying from the observers point of view. Let’s say you have lost a child and during meditation/sleep/trance that child appears to you. I think that the spirit is appearing that way because that is the way you will recognise him/her and what would be most comfortable to you.

But in the spirit world the child could take on any form it wishes as there really is no form there but only what each person chooses it to be and also chooses how best to appear to someone.

I feel that when we cross over we leave adult/child/male/female behind because none of that exists on the other side and we become just consciousness. I kinda visualise it like a spark of light. But don’t know for sure.

So what is consciousness? Someone more advanced than me could probably explain that one.

This is just my conclusion after many years of research I’ve done on this subject but don’t know if I’m wrong or right.

Ide love to hear Other peoples views on this especially Starman.
Old 14-01-2023, 03:03 PM
Experiencer

I changed my earlier wording to try to focus thought on the question I asked.

From accounts of such occurrences not only does a (prematurely returning) spirit maintain the outward appearance of a child - the way it's perceived by others - but also the demeanour of a child. Consequently that apparently immature spirit will be taken care of in a way similar to how we would take care of children in this world.

Yes ordinarily a spirit individual can assume on return whatever age and appearance it's able to achieve but children do not appear to do so. They continue to (or grow to) look like kids and they develop similarly to how kids grow up here.

Appearance does not automatically change after we return to the etheric dimension(s) or apparent gender disappear but they will at some future point (I'm using "future" just for convenience) and after making further spiritual progress.

As spiritual development continues, outward appearance may eventually look less solid, perhaps illumined and 'transparent'. Not ideal adjectives I concede.

Like yourself, I too would like to hear others' views and to discuss these points further.