Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 03-01-2023, 05:26 AM
Pathfinder

Would we really appreciate life if we were immortal?

Hi everyone. I think that when people die it can be a wake up call to start living. If people lived forever it makes me wonder if we really would even appreciate life at all.
I think it's possibly for this very reason that we don't live forever. Any additional thoughts would be appreciated.
Old 03-01-2023, 09:47 PM
Master
I think through reincarnation, there comes a point the gross body and casual bodies die to ash - this causes reincarnation: considering we apparently have free will, dying should be a peaceful process but often it’s not: with conquering death- we would have the choice out of freewill and freedom to die.. this causes immortality to occur because we just not ready to die—- after all it took so much energy to create us into existence.. it would be a waste if we didn’t live long enough to fulfill our dreams and wishes.. imo

So we would be in denial of death just out of free will.. we would love (this is theoretically)

Your right we wouldn’t appreciate life but most of us see death a few times in our overall expectancy of life..

We would appreciate it because until our subtle body manifests ( our spirits body) we would attract all sorts; magic, teleportation, time continuums..

It’s likely there’s a meaning to life and that meaning is probably to fulfill our desires and dreams..

We probably wouldn’t have a real death until we were also reunited with soulmates and twin flames and family & friends…

We probably by sheer will want to survive because let’s face it beyond the point where life didn’t exist there was nothing to wake up to but now we can wake up- and experience!!!

Life probably wouldn’t last long if death occurred first time around that’s guaranteed death for billions of people in a hundred year window (if you’re lucky) this is just common sense or knowledge??

Humans would go extinct and animals and aliens etc or life in general- leaving black holes to swallow up the universe???

Mother Nature, God must have a plan for this to not occur?? Practical? I reckon…

To live to just die~ which death follows us as soon as we are born.. it’s been already decided.. just a matter of time:

To live to live seems to be the rewarding side of existence? Imo

If there’s no one to observe there would just be God and seen as he’s immortal: he would become very lonely , unsatisfied..

If good triumphs over evil and pain..

Part of me things pain is evolutionary where we won’t be able to feel it in the future… imo

There has to be a bigger plan otherwise life would of been for nothing- yet I reckon we will all live till the end- and in peace..

Then truly knowing that life was good and no pain we would die naturally.. I think we are all reincarnating until that occurs- it’s just karma after karma otherwise- what about our human right? To not feel pain or die?

Maybe we have more responsibility in our death than we can fathom…

It all seems in vain otherwise..

Sad and pathetic..

Life must be greater and triumph over death!!!?

Arabic first language (English)—- bear with me and please be patient)
Old 04-01-2023, 08:26 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningMoon
Hi everyone. I think that when people die it can be a wake up call to start living. If people lived forever it makes me wonder if we really would even appreciate life at all.
I think it's possibly for this very reason that we don't live forever. Any additional thoughts would be appreciated.

As an aside: Adam and Eve were obviously not very happy about living forever so took the interesting way out...

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 04-01-2023, 09:17 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningMoon

I think it's possibly for this very reason that we don't live forever.

The reason we don't live here on earth forever is because our bodies die. Our individual spirits however, the 'life-force' that animates our physical bodies in this dimension, do not die hence are immortal.

In that sense, then, we do live forever but only in spirit form.
Old 04-01-2023, 09:23 AM
Master

...NO. In short we wouldn't appreciate it.
Why ?? Because we never appreciate anything ( within reason ) until we are coming to the end of our days and we "look back"...
Just my humble opinion ..
Old 04-01-2023, 01:14 PM
Administrator
The soul is Eternal it does not die

Namaste
Old 04-01-2023, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boyce
...we do live forever...
I agree and would add, imo, and all over the place ---here, there, where ever we happen to pop up!
I mean 'incarnate' to be proper...so many different places other than earth we can explore and learn!
It's very exciting to me...but that's my nature to be inquisitive and happy to experience diff things... ...bumbling along
making mistakes and learning.
I think we all pretty much are like travelers, adapting to different places and 'cultures'.
I remember at 18 months in my play pen on the kitchen floor...looking around the place getting my bearings...figuring out
what these things were floating around....btw, one was a refrigerator I looked at sides ways.
It's all about adapting wherever we find ourselves! Ha!
I rambled on a bit, I know.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 04-01-2023, 03:12 PM
Master

I think ide like to reincarnate on a different planet. Preferably more advanced than us!
Old 17-01-2023, 12:36 PM
Pathfinder
Newbie here
CS Lewis (Awesome Literature composer )
explains this story With the following expression

as we dont have a soul

we have a body

with a soul stuffed inside it

Does seem Code for make the best of the/this scenario along line of /./
if i were you i would try to celebrate the fact of life

i took classes ., metaphysics degree stuff
and one of the 100 classes on line type was
about measurement of broadcast signal at time of death using equipment to measure that moment ,. scientific research ., but > the output was equal or more than a television station output

Nicola Tesla Claimed same thing(s)
so it provided info also from one(s) genius level and above
Old 17-01-2023, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seigo
Newbie Mistake as cant edit posts..
That's news to me, been here a decade ---I wonder if you can after 25 posts!!
And you have a long time to go back ...not just a minute like some forums.

The TITLE you can't change, so be careful.
I use the Preview button all the time before posting.
But, it's no bother to PM me if you need a change just give me the link to the post, tho. :)

(Check out the Edit button again sometime to double check.)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru