Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 22-12-2022, 04:33 AM
Master

The tv is a great analogy for a child who is naturally curious about what is really there. How things work, why and where and when.. they show signs of self/life discovery most naturally, especially when they are more open before reasoning and conditioning kicks in.

The analogy of the tv seems to have moved into how beautiful a child's mind can be unconditioned free and loving which is very true but what I also meant was the way we can be controlled by our own conditioning seeking answers behind the tv, expecting to find those characters who appear on the the tv screen itself. Perhaps this analogy relates somehow to religion and knowledge in general, the way it can be used to imprison us. The way we use it to stay within certain confines.
The opposite of this is an element of Surrender, Surrendering to the fact that I may well be addicted to believing that my destiny is not an apparent destiny where I believe I have free will and autonomy but a destiny that I am very much in control of. "Well I've got some bad news for you sunshine, Jake isn't well he stayed back at the hotel " lol sorry this a line from the Wall, Roger Waters.

That feeling or experience you spoke about, there being more is very true and brings all seekers onto the path were there is a gradual surrendering or deconstruction of the old self and beliefs, be they successful or not in worldly terms, and a dawning of , Oh ! A recognition, recognitions. The assumptions are then left behind, you don't have to give up football or stop cycling lolol. etc. but you begin to realise that you have been invited to share in some wonderful mystery destiny :)
Hopefully we can see clearer what needs to be done what needs to be laid down, our troublesome egos also are properly challenged that life itself has put the characters on the screen through perception maybe science etc. etc. life living itself not through our own projections of why everything is here. Sorry the point is difficult to write about lol. Anyway thank you for the inspiration. :) Sorry if I sound like I know and you don't lol, not my intention.

__________________________________________________ ___________

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 22-12-2022, 04:57 AM
Master

i hate to poison the water, but, personally, I think a lot of what you just said is just a different kind of conditioning, a different kind of cage.
Old 22-12-2022, 12:02 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
i hate to poison the water, but, personally, I think a lot of what you just said is just a different kind of conditioning, a different kind of cage.

Care to elaborate ?

__________________________________________________ _____

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 22-12-2022, 06:25 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
The analogy of the tv seems to have moved into how beautiful a child's mind can be unconditioned free and loving which is very true but what I also meant was the way we can be controlled by our own conditioning seeking answers behind the tv, expecting to find those characters who appear on the the tv screen itself.
The analogy of the TV can be helpful, especially if we imagine ourselves as the TV.

So we become the TV gazing out at the world through the screen of our personality, showing whatever station we happen to be tuned into.

And maybe we imagine all these images originate within the TV itself, so we take the TV apart trying to find the source of these images. Rather like a scientist probing the human brain hunting for the origins of consciousness. But all we find is a heap of electronic stuff.

And when we go within, looking for answers behind the TV, trying to find the various characters who express themselves through the screen of our personality, we find that there is no-one present. There is just conscious awareness.

Just a few ideas, but the analogy of the TV can be applied to non-duality and human consciousness.

Peace
Old 23-12-2022, 05:23 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
And when we go within, looking for answers behind the TV, trying to find the various characters who express themselves through the screen of our personality, we find that there is no-one present. There is just conscious awareness. Peace

Yes nice way of looking at it. It also reminded me of the Buddhist parable of The Chariot. The thing we call a chariot being the sum total of it's parts brought
together to form a chariot and when the parts are laid out individually the chariot no longer exists as a chariot. Likewise the human mind and body are composites.

__________________________________________________ ______

Old 23-12-2022, 08:14 AM
Master

Hi Joe ..
I read some but not all of the posts so forgive me if I repeat what others have said....

But my perspective ....

The "clue" was in your original post and how children look behind the TV for the character, much like cats/ dogs look behind the mirror to find the other cat/ dog.....

Everything that we always believed / perceived is still there , it never goes away .

We believe , therefore it "is" ...
Little children do not question anything ...
They just accept.

Where we go wrong in life is that we stop "thinking" as a child.
That is when we start to question everything, refute it, and lose faith or believe in anything......

Always ALWAYS view life through the eyes of a child and you will never go wrong....
Old 23-12-2022, 12:18 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue
Where we go wrong in life is that we stop "thinking" as a child.
That is when we start to question everything, refute it, and lose faith or believe in anything..Always ALWAYS view life through the eyes of a child and you will never go wrong....

Hence the name, Children of God. Definitely a great way of seeing it AngelBlue. Being childlike they say allows us to accept as you say the way things are,
when we accept or surrender as I called it in an earlier post then we are rarely trapped in the 'Attitudes of Adulthood'.

The attitudes are like roads we go down and get lost, not saying I'm free of these attitudes but this morning it became so apparent that folks flex their muscles
and attitudes regarding property for example.

I live in a street where some homes are owned and some are not etc. and the subject came up strongly for us recently and it is apparent that some people are nearly telling you
...don't you know who I am...don't you know who you are talking to I'm only seeing the funny side of it as I grow older...sorry am I making any sense at all ? lololol

__________________________________________________ _____

Old 23-12-2022, 12:54 PM
Master

JOE..... I don't have a clue what you're on about LOL...
ONLY JOKING ....
I know exactly what you mean about the trappings of life, attitudes and mindsets... And I totally agree that it can be very difficult to retain a simple approach to live in a world where nothing is simple and the pressure of "life" can be very stressful...

But this is where we have to at least make a little space in life to believe there is ALWAYS something behind the screen , where all the magic happens and fairytales ARE real.
Because they are real. And it really is that simple.

We can use santa as an example, given that it's the festive season. Adults KNOW what the magic of Santa entails. But the children dont . For them, this is something so special that it creates lovely life long memories for them. And ok... He may not come down the chimney , but the magic is still there and always will be, handed down from generation to generation, and the little ones will always leave a carrot for Rudolf and a mince pie for Santa, and he in turn leaves them a present .

The adults do that . They MAKE that happen...Why ? Because it is so special, and they want their children and grandchildren to experience that joy.

But then the adults dont re-create a sense of childlike wonderment themselves.

Little kids neither care , nor are bothered about who owns or rents a home. They treat everyone the same . To them, everyone is equal , just as it should be.
Members of the royal household are no better than the homeless.

I still love fairy stories . I collect beautiful children's books , and I read them .... And YES , I will always believe LOL....
Old 23-12-2022, 02:02 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue
I still love fairy stories . I collect beautiful children's books , and I read them .... And YES , I will always believe LOL....

Brilliant @ children's books. My sister said she watched the Selfish Giant the otherday, the animation of the Oscar Wilde story, it's on youtube btw, I'm sure you know it. She remembered we use to watch it and my father would make the odd comment or two, good memories. My favourite part was jack frost running across the roof tiles, great sound and there is a marvelous song in the tale, Building a Wall to Surround Yourself . Hey let's link it while we are at it ! lol

Here is the song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_OOLd0EJVc

And he is the full Animation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jtLTS7T8cc
The Song is around 5.30

You're so right about children caring what people have and have not ..very interesting and profound point. You're right about the festivities at Christmas, the exchanging of presents etc. All good, thanks for sharing and caring.

Ps. Aside from Mr. Jack Frost nimbly traversing the roof tops, obviously my favourite part is the coming of Jesus wowww how special !!!

__________________________________________________ _______

__________________________________________________ _______

Old 23-12-2022, 02:38 PM
Master

Oh my goodness.

Beautiful , Beautiful , Beautiful.

Joe, you certainly KNOW how to make a girl cry !!!!!!

Before I started the story I spoke to my toddler granddaughter in heaven to come sit on grandmas knee so we could have a story together ....

Do you see what you have done Joe ???

You created the magic behind the screen.