Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 19-02-2022, 11:12 AM
hazada guess

Ok,Earthbound,whereas look at the people who Astral Project. I would have thought that they feel closer to God. That is an example of being non dual.(Just a thought).
Old 19-02-2022, 11:54 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
Ok,Earthbound,whereas look at the people who Astral Project. I would have thought that they feel closer to God. That is an example of being non dual.(Just a thought).
And if an atheist astral projects? Is atheism non-Duality? If you don't feel close to God then you are creating the Duality in the first place. The Duality here is that you believe yourself to be.... and God to be.... and the two of them are a million miles apart.
Old 19-02-2022, 12:07 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
How can we be separate and yet we are one at the same time? Don't you guys experience this separation? And how is that possible if we are one?!
Separation comes from perceptual reality - we perceive ourselves to be separate. Perceptual reality is the illusion, so everything you perceive - including perceiving yourself as Spiritual - is illusion.

This is where the idea of dimensions make sense, because it's not the case of separating it's about encompassing. This is a three-dimensional world because we encompass three dimensions. It wouldn't work if there was only one dimension. Your question is like saying "We can't go up because we're going backwards."

Up/down is a dimension, left/right is a dimension, forwards/backwards is a dimension. Separation is a dimension and it encompasses the other three, being one is a dimension that encompasses all the others.

Like an onion skin, if you like. We're somewhere in the middle.

Ask yourself, what does God/Brahman get out of perceiving himself as not-God/not-Brahman?
Old 19-02-2022, 12:11 PM
hazada guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
And if an atheist astral projects? Is atheism non-Duality? If you don't feel close to God then you are creating the Duality in the first place. The Duality here is that you believe yourself to be.... and God to be.... and the two of them are a million miles apart.

We're talking about body and soul here, not beliefs.
Old 19-02-2022, 12:21 PM
hazada guess

I'm sorry if this is a bit off topic, but I feel that i have to explain myself here.

We are all made in Gods (the energy) image.In other words,our souls in the godheads image, In the beginning some souls detached from the Godhead and went looking for better adventures.(the fallen angels).
They became so contaminated that they weren't able to merge back with the godhead.
That is us all trying to decontaminate ourselves and merge back with God.
(That's it in a nutshell)
Old 19-02-2022, 01:26 PM
Master
QUOTE 23 EXCERPT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade

Separation comes from perceptual reality - we perceive ourselves to be separate. Perceptual reality is the illusion.

Ask yourself, what does God/Brahman get out of perceiving himself as not-God/not-Brahman?

Perceptions can indeed give us a distorted view of the Reality, as you duly pointed out.

What caught my attention was your closing question: "Ask yourself, what does God/Brahman get out of perceiving himself as not-God/not-Brahman?" I used to ask that question and the answer seems related to why the dreamer creates dreams (either lucid dreams or entangling dreams).
Old 19-02-2022, 02:00 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
We are all made in Gods (the energy) image.
That part comes from Sumerian mythology, Genesis is a re-write of the Enuma Elish and the Tales of Gilgamesh. The 'fallen angels' are the Annunaki - the root word 'El' means shining One. Also as in the names of the angels.

In quantum theory God is consciousness collapsing the wave function and creating matter. As in the opening of Genesis.

In some Atlantis myths, advances alien races came down to earth and, after the fall of Atlantis, were stuck here. I guess that explains the Lyrans I've met.

That's not a contradiction that's by way of same theme, different details.
Old 19-02-2022, 02:07 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
why the dreamer creates dreams (either lucid dreams or entangling dreams).
If you look at dream interpretation, it's about the 'translation' of pure consciousness into something the mind can understand. The unconscious seeks resolve. Mostly anyway, as we've discussed before there are other types of dreams. The dreamer and the dream are one and the same and everything else is consciousness on a 'sliding scale'.

What are we beyond thoughts, beliefs, knowledge, "A sense of I am?" Spirituality has it backwards.
Old 19-02-2022, 06:17 PM
Master

I think we just are created with a lot to learn as new souls.
Old 19-02-2022, 06:22 PM
Master

How can we be separate and one at the same time? Like a birthday cake cut into many pieces! Each piece has a unique experience and future and point of view, but it's still a part of the one cake. God cut itself into many pieces.