Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 02-08-2022, 09:31 AM
Knower

Can we use duplicate cards for reading?

Hi Friends,

Can we use duplicate Oracle/Tarot cards for reading?

I have heard that some shops sell duplicate Oracle/Tarot cards.

Hence, I am not sure if I am having the original cards.

Will duplicate Oracle/Tarot cards still work for readings?

Thank you.
Old 08-10-2022, 07:34 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Yes, we can use duplicate Oracle/Tarot cards for readings. However, keep in mind that the meaning of the card may change slightly when it is duplicated. For example, if you are doing a reading on relationships and you pull the Two of Cups twice, it could represent two different aspects of your relationship (e.g., communication and intimacy). Alternatively, it could simply mean that the relationship is very important to you and you should pay extra attention to it.
Old 10-10-2022, 08:49 AM
Master
You mean so called imitations? Not from the original publisher?
That happens, yes. I've only seen them from Chinese sellers, not from any other reliable shop. If you don't want that then buy from a normal, reliable shop.
Often the imitation decks don't have a booklet but a downloadable file. They are cheaper than the original deck which could be a reason to buy it.
Artwork will be the same, but colours may vary from the original. (brighter for instance). Stock can be less good and in some cases the box is different in how it closes. For instance, if the official version has a removable/ slide off top -like most decks- and a hard sturdy box, imitations sometimes have a thin box that opens & closes at the top.
I've read in reviews that sometimes there is a card missing. But I guess mostly they'll be okay otherwise no one would buy them anymore.

But there's no reason why these shouldn't work. I've considered it myself a few times since decks become more and more expensive. The only thing that has stopped me so far is the downloadable file. I want a booklet. And I prefer a sturdy hard box, not the flimsy ones that open at the top (like from a regular playing card deck).
For instance, I considered a Doreen Virtue deck... many aren't in print anymore. The Chinese however do sell their imitation decks of them. If that's the only way to get hold of such a deck, perfectly fine :)

But if you bought from a regular, reliable shop there's no reason to think you have an imitation.
And in essence the only difference is this:
- An official version makes the publisher money and the author gets a very small percentage from it.
- An imitation means the publisher and author don't make money.

For you as an end user there's no difference as long as the deck is complete. And in most cases you wouldn't have a booklet but downloadable file, which I consider to be a drawback.
Old 28-02-2023, 09:48 PM
Seeker

Why? Adding cards changes the probability.
Old 01-03-2023, 02:42 PM
Master
Should be no problem replacing a card with a duplicate.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜