Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 17-09-2022, 09:14 AM
Master
Yea, you tube on just about any subject is pretty shady, but there are good and bad content creators. Tarot is probably a bit shady at the best of times, which is also true of many other subjects.
Old 17-09-2022, 10:12 AM
Master
Joe makes some good points.

A reading tends to be potentials within a whole dynamic of the whole of one’s life, inclusive of all things moving through one with that. Tarot can certainly give great readings but again who’s reading affects what is interpreted from the cards.
Old 17-09-2022, 12:43 PM
Administrator
I have never used them to me they are just random

Namaste
Old 17-09-2022, 02:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
... that reading for oneself all the time can become neurotic and just be driven by a wounded ego, on and on till you end up abandoning the Tarot altogether. Where does the happy medium and balance lie ? More experienced readers might want to say something about this.
I don't entirely agree. The same can happen when you don't read for yourself but watch one pick a card after another because you don't get to hear what you want to hear. And many do this, go from one to the next and the next.
That is the biggest issue when someone needs an answer from a stance of pain, lack and loss, etc.
Then there's the risk of overasking, which can be done by pulling cards yourself but also by overwatching pick a card readings.
That expresses a lack of trust in the cards.

You see this mostly with "Will he come back to me?" and "Does he still love me?" and "Is he/she my TF?" and similar questions along these lines.

Some readers cater for that as it's a big market, there's a big demand for this, as people tend to turn to readings when they're stuck in that area.
Personally I find it boring as bleep to do such readings as a reader so I rarely do them. If someone approaches me with such a question for a personal reading I don't do it either.
I then offer to read what they themselves can do to get out of the funk as that's empowering and valuable. Often people want that, the ones who don't aren't for me. Not a vibrational match.

And also, reading "will he/she come back to me? does he/she still love me?" would mean I have to read another person without their consent. That is something I never ever do as it is the unwritten rule to only read or heal when given consent.

Apart from such readers there are a ton of readers on YouTube (and other social media) that do give other, valuable readings on far more interesting topics.
Thing is, you will attract what resonates with you. So if someone is vibing with "does he still love me" stuff they won't find these good readers as they're not on the same vibrational level.
Like attracts like.
As Abraham says: That which you think in any moment attracts unto itself other thoughts that are like it.

In other words, when you operate & vibrate on level X you won't attract what's out there that vibrates on level Z.
Which also means that if you only come across readers that you label "fake/bad" it gives to think why that is since it suggests you resonate on that level yourself, otherwise you would find different readers.
Old 18-09-2022, 05:51 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
Tarot can certainly give great readings but again who’s reading affects what is interpreted from the cards.

Very true. I suppose I was using the word Bling in a very broad sense, so even the cards to an extent are Bling. So as you say it is the reader who
is conduiting the universe and reflecting it. So theoretically a person who is in touch can cut up a piece of paper and use it to ' tell your fortune', hence tea leaves,
crystal balls etc etc. For me when I have that understanding then I can see the value of the cards as tools etc. etc. and their incredible richness and wealth of knowledge.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 18-09-2022, 06:07 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
The same can happen when you don't read for yourself but watch one pick a card after another because you don't get to hear what you want to hear. And many do this, go from one to the next and the next.

Yes good point and this relates to what you call 'overasking'. Good word to
describe it.Your post also points out the different types of people out there looking for answers, particularly in the love department.
A deeper and more in-depth engagement with their own destinies might not be quite what they want to hear at this point. Just ties back into part of societies vision of life, get it quickly, get it now and get it as simply as you can. Which seems fair enough at some level, we can all be a little bit like that.
But I respect what you're saying about the people whom you choose to read for seems sensible to be aware of such things.

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" """""""""""""""""""""""""

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 18-09-2022, 09:58 AM
Suspended
Guide

When I pick my card's, it's once only and I only ever use the spread once in a month or so.
Old 01-10-2022, 06:07 PM
Newbie ;)

There are a few I have followed when I first started out but now I don't relate anymore because I have found my own way with tarot.