Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 29-10-2020, 01:53 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
We might be building on sand......
building a house on sand is not a 'good' thing.

When you look at some of the words and expressions you used, they generally have a different meaning depending upon who you talk to.

For example, there are some who say we do not have a soul. For those, this discussion has no meaning.

I guess we could have asked the question to be more inclusive. Why does Soul/Spirit/God come here to forget?
Old 29-10-2020, 03:05 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Hello,

A couriosity has been buzzing around my mind for quite some time.

Why doe Soul/Spirit come here to forget it's Union and then when leaving here to remember again.

Through the years have come across that "we" (in general) are here to learn.
When talking about learning what does that mean. It would be to understand. Most do not change in the time here and the same may be true in no time. Our time here allows us to enter moments.
Old 29-10-2020, 07:04 PM
janielee

Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
What about service?
I assume you refer to the term, service to others?
Service to others in my interpretation and that of S, means, letting unfold.
Where service to self, means, controlling events and others.
We always use both, it is the degree of either which determines whether we are on the path of service to self (light) or the path of service to others, which is the dark path.
Someone sitting under a tree meditating or holding loving thoughts can progress humanity toward the light, more so than those who feel they have to help old ladies over the road.

We are all connected, everyone and everything influences everything else.

In regards to your exit, isolate yourself, submerge yourself in pure love and hold it. You will transit.

If it be your Will - Leonard Cohen

Old 29-10-2020, 07:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
[/b]

I guess we could have asked the question to be more inclusive. Why does Soul/Spirit/God come here to forget?

Some religions..... do not believe in a Soul nor in God.

What can I say..............

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 29-10-2020, 09:15 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Hello,

A couriosity has been buzzing around my mind for quite some time.

Why doe Soul/Spirit come here to forget it's Union and then when leaving here to remember again.

Let me expand upon this.

It has come to me through the years that the Soul creates a contract with other Souls. This has been confirmed to me when my mother passed away as well as other loved ones.

Through the years have come across that "we" (in general) are here to learn.
With in the spiritual aspect are here to remember our union and to develop.

The courious part for me is that Soul/Spirit is eternal and formless in and of itself. That it already knows of its connection with Source/Giod/omnipresence.
Yet it seems to choose to come here, manifest as this physical being, human being. Some may even say other physical forms/beings as well.

Which brings to my mind an interesting pondering, why? Meaning in regards to Soul/Spirit.

I will leave my thoughts right now with these reflections.

This is for discussion sake, thank you.

Moonglow,

Interesting question....thanks. I bring a different perspective that might seem counterintuitive to some. First of all I see that you link Soul/Spirit in a way that appears to regard them as synonymous. I understand them separately. Attempting to be brief I understand soul as the receptacle of all experiences, emotions, feelings, belief.......and inclusive of spiritual experiences. I understand spirit as the receptacle of all that is divine....and being incorruptible so it cannot include anything that lacks divinity. It is possible that the soul can be an impediment to the workings of the spirit or if purified will allow the spirit to do its work unhindered.

In regards to remembering......the words of the communion table of "Do This in Remembrance of Me"....is a call to re-member. Just like the members of the body....when we re-member it is with the intent of giving life to someting....in Christianity....bringing Christ to life. We do the same thing with loved ones....by remembering we bring them to life metaphorically. One passage in the Bible foretells that God "will remember your sins no more". This non-rembrance of sins means that to God they no longer exist.

As far as you asked why does either come here to forget.....I would say that which is forgotten is the contents of the soul. It essentially represents a fresh start with each incarnation. In the case of the spirit.....it needs to be brought alive in this incarnation and when this is accomplished then the union will become apparent.....but conscious effort is needed there....if for nothing more than to make one realize the value of the gift of spirit.....otherwise taking it for granted would denigrate the wonder of it.

Just another perspective to consider.....hope that it does not confuse or upset you.
Old 29-10-2020, 09:32 PM
janielee

beautiful yet again
Old 29-10-2020, 09:35 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Moonglow,

Interesting question....thanks. I bring a different perspective that might seem counterintuitive to some. First of all I see that you link Soul/Spirit in a way that appears to regard them as synonymous. I understand them separately. Attempting to be brief I understand soul as the receptacle of all experiences, emotions, feelings, belief.......and inclusive of spiritual experiences. I understand spirit as the receptacle of all that is divine....and being incorruptible so it cannot include anything that lacks divinity. It is possible that the soul can be an impediment to the workings of the spirit or if purified will allow the spirit to do its work unhindered.

In regards to remembering......the words of the communion table of "Do This in Remembrance of Me"....is a call to re-member. Just like the members of the body....when we re-member it is with the intent of giving life to someting....in Christianity....bringing Christ to life. We do the same thing with loved ones....by remembering we bring them to life metaphorically. One passage in the Bible foretells that God "will remember your sins no more". This non-rembrance of sins means that to God they no longer exist.

As far as you asked why does either come here to forget.....I would say that which is forgotten is the contents of the soul. It essentially represents a fresh start with each incarnation. In the case of the spirit.....it needs to be brought alive in this incarnation and when this is accomplished then the union will become apparent.....but conscious effort is needed there....if for nothing more than to make one realize the value of the gift of spirit.....otherwise taking it for granted would denigrate the wonder of it.

Just another perspective to consider.....hope that it does not confuse or upset you.

Molearner:

Does this from another poster resonate with you at all?

https://spiritguidesparrow.wordpress...ul-and-spirit/

Thanks,

jl
Old 29-10-2020, 09:56 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
Molearner:

Does this from another poster resonate with you at all?

https://spiritguidesparrow.wordpress...ul-and-spirit/

Thanks,

jl

Janielee,

Thanks so much !! That resonates deeply with me. Articulate beyond my level...at least that which I might attempt to share. The idea of risk vs. reward keeps me from sharing to that extent. I am grateful for those who are not deterred and share in abundance. As you might imagine I appreciated the distinctions he made between spirit and soul. I see it as short-sighted to use the terms as being synonymous. We have the Church to thank for that.....I think it was from the Council of Constantinople in 869 ? Would have to check that.....:)
Old 29-10-2020, 10:34 PM
janielee

I'm pleased that you enjoyed it. Your veracity enhances my interest,

Actually, Molearner, I've been brought up to read less so that I can explore the inner truths for myself and know them to be so (i.e. without pre-conviction or belief coloring truth)

But it is so beautiful to share with friends

Spirit Guide Sparrow, the author of that piece, posts here occasionally FYI: https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/member.php?u=1844

Thanks as always
Old 30-10-2020, 12:00 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Which brings to my mind an interesting pondering, why?

it's a creative rascal,
likes to play