Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams > Lucid Dreaming

Old 09-11-2012, 04:58 PM
InFurs

I can't...fly!!

Why do I find it difficult to fly when I lucid dream.
I usually end up flapping my arms or something stupid. I have floated before, and the only time I actually flew was when a spirit came to help me almost exit my body in my dream. It truly is a sensational feeling but I can't feel it often :(

I also feel quite limited in my LDs, I can control the dreams just not everything. Does this come with the process of mastering the technique of Lucid Dreaming.
Old 15-11-2012, 12:29 AM
SeekingAdvice

I remember having read that it takes some time to master supernatural abilities, such as flying. For flying, it was recommended that you tried to jump as high as you could. Then keep doing that and trying to get higher each time you jump. At some point, you should start flying (and it does make sense). It's hard to adopt supernatural abilities because you're not used to them and, of course, you're not able to use them in real life, so the only time to practice them is in your dreams. Good luck!
Old 17-11-2012, 04:14 PM
Quagmire

Maybe the solution is to try and control less and just let loose and go with the flow of your lucid dreams. You can also try to recall the lucid dreams while awake and try to do it differently. Play with you imagination.
Old 17-11-2012, 04:37 PM
InFurs

Thanks for tips, all.
Old 21-11-2012, 05:45 AM
Guide

Next time it happens, make the realisation that you fly with your mind, not your body.
You should be able to easily fly, then.
Old 21-11-2012, 06:45 AM
Henri77

I recall such dreams, and it was occasionally quite difficult to overcome the inertia of beliefs .... almost a physical effort to....overcome belief in gravity

What seemed easiest was to launch myself forward like a glider, leap forward and stay aloft through will-belief. Much like superman typically does.
It felt so real I actually tried this in a park, (once). Someday I expect it'll happen in real life when I absolutely believe it,

Even as I write this, my heart seems to know I've done this, that's it's no more unlikely than walking.

Yet i also recall dreams where I seemed to be tutored, inside a room, and it was much less challenging to float, in the confines of an enclosed space,

Had a dream last night falling from a plane and evidently dying (a first)
To prove I was "dead" I levitated out of the physical form , went thru a wall into a resturant full of other "crossed over" souls.... the afterlife of sorts.

Flapping one's arms doesn't generally work... for me the will-power to fly came from the heart ,rather than the mind. Like something my heart remembered how to do
Old 21-11-2012, 09:29 PM
Newfreedom9

That's funny. I was going to say it seems easier for me if I'm "outside" in a dream. I was like you InFurs, I had a hard time flying. I tried different things like trying to find a jet pack, jumping up and down, jumping off of something high. The time I actually flew (not floated but really flew) I just weightlessly floated up out of a beautiful garden and then kinda swam through the sky, lol. Haven't done it since though. I guess like anything else you just have to stick with it and keep trying.
Old 21-11-2012, 09:50 PM
Henri77

Think it's interesting how universal-common that flying dreams are, according to researchers.

Could it be that it's a natural ability we've forgotten how to do?
Or that gravity is so evident, that conquering it most easily proves we can do lots in dreams we don't know.

OR as some suggest, flying is simply a sense of freedom, we've forgotten about,
Freedom from physical laws, social constraints.
Old 21-11-2012, 10:10 PM
Henri77

Quote:
Originally Posted by InFurs
Why do I find it difficult to fly when I lucid dream.
I usually end up flapping my arms or something stupid. I have floated before, and the only time I actually flew was when a spirit came to help me almost exit my body in my dream. It truly is a sensational feeling but I can't feel it often :(

I also feel quite limited in my LDs, I can control the dreams just not everything. Does this come with the process of mastering the technique of Lucid Dreaming.

That you CAN LD puts you ahead of many of us.
Perhaps simply visualizing the act-procedures will serve as rehearsal-reinforcement when you next get the opportunity....
Old 22-11-2012, 04:18 AM
MistyW

I have the same problem. Once I tried to fly, but I stayed firmed on the ground. Perhaps my mind is too "grounded" in reality for me to able to fly in my dreams.