Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams > Lucid Dreaming

Old 14-03-2020, 12:20 PM
Guide

Lucid Dream, Medical Assistance

It was last month when I rediscovered my interest in lucid dreaming. It's not something I've pursued for a long time. I was by no means an experienced lucid dreaming even when I gave it my full attention a good decade ago, but I had some fun with it. I gave up on it because I felt the daily practices were somewhat taking over my life for very little return. In any case, I'm back to it and from the outset I had a plan in mind. Over the last year, I've had trouble with two injuries. One of them is a problem with my knee that has been diagnosed. The other is a wrist issue that was never diagnosed but I was at least certain of its cause and have been improving it with my own rehab exercises. Still, my plan for my lucid dream was to enquire as to what's wrong with my wrist and then encourage healing. My understanding is that the brain and body know what's going on internally. They know where specifically the pain is and what generally needs to be done in terms of healing. With that in mind, I figured that perhaps I could ask the dream and get an answer as far as what is wrong. Of course, the matter of translation did cross my mind. As we know, different parts of the brain and body do different things. When it comes to internal matters, the brain may receive the signals but it doesn't mean to say it can translate that with a label, especially if I don't consciously know all the ins and outs and labels myself. Nonetheless, I figured I would try it.

This morning, I had my first lucid dream since returning to it. It was by chance. I was in a different environment and remembered that I thought it would be a good idea to perform reality checks when finding myself in different environments. I counted my fingers, went past 10, double checked, and then knew that I was dreaming. Because, in my experience, lucid dreams feel no different to regular dreams upon reflection after waking, I've often had doubts about how real the experience is. I would often have mixed levels of awareness, supposedly knowing I was dreaming, yet shrugging off 90% of everything around me (including the very bizarre stuff) as being normal even to waking life. So, I've often wondered how 'aware' we are really, at least realising there are different levels of awareness. With this, I did challenge myself and the dream as I sat there supposedly knowing I was dreaming, questioning if it was really 'me' in that moment. No doubt, it was and I confirmed this to myself. I was well aware and took a moment to appreciate that fact that, yes, this really was a dream and I really was aware of it.

That done, it was time to pursue my plan. Rather than waste time trying to find a doctor, I figured I'd just manipulate people into being doctors. I understand the power of terminology, so I spoke to my friend in just the right way, saying something along the lines of, "You know how you graduated from medical school to become a doctor?" "Yes?"

With that, I asked him when I could expect my knee to heal (or possibly 'how long' - I've forgotten the exact wording). He answered with 'St Matthew'. I figured it had to be one of those days - a 'St Matthew's Day'?

My friend left the room but a man who was meant to be his father was there. I figured I'd switch over to him, so again I used suggestive words to turn him into a doctor. I asked him if he would check and diagnose my wrist, explaining to him that it was ulnar sided wrist pain. He came and checked it out but wouldn't respond to my questions from that point.

I can't remember the exact order of things but he stopped checking and I tried to get him to look again, still wanting answers. Other people were now surrounding me. He returned and began to check my leg in a similar way to a physiotherapist, despite me not asking for it. I told him 'no' and tried to tell him again that I wanted my wrist checked. Checking my wrist again, I tried to have him encourage healing. There was a point where muscles in my forearm felt like they were tensing up in pain. Was that trying to tell me something? I'm not sure.

After that, I may have been losing lucidity. I remember suddenly looking at the doorway, thinking I should wake myself up at least to remember to write down 'St Matthew's Day'. However, my attempt to wake up failed. I wandered around for a bit, changing my attire by thought, but clearly I was losing awareness. I was slipping back into the dream and it wasn't long before I found myself questioning nothing and instead struggling to tie a belt in front of a mirror. Then, finally, I woke up.

As I thought about the dream, I honestly couldn't place a day of the aforementioned name, but I looked it up and apparently there is a 'St Matthew's Day' in September. That's a long way off. Still, I'll take it with a grain of salt. The dream didn't respond like I thought it would. Perhaps it was being honest, the man not responding to questions about my wrist because he - or rather I - didn't know. Perhaps September as far as my knee is concerned is my own best guess. Perhaps I could have taken a better or simply different approach. These were no doubt thought forms with limitations. Maybe I could have asked the dream itself. With that said, much like the suggestion of getting a second opinion, I intend to ask again the next time I become aware in a dream. I'm continuing to treat my injuries as I should, but I can't help but feel curious when thinking about just what is possible with lucid dreaming.
Old 26-08-2020, 08:06 PM
Newbie ;)

I got goosebumps, this story is tremendous