Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams > Lucid Dreaming

Old 01-05-2018, 09:05 AM
Seeker

Red face Hypnagogic imagery

Hello everyone. Does anyone who is a lucid dreamer and has had any experience with the hypnagogic state now of a method to easily see hynagogic imagery?
Old 08-05-2018, 07:18 AM
Master
i found an article (which doesn't appear to address your question, unfortunately).
it's called The Mystery of Hypnagogia, by DREAM STUDIES PORTAL.
i redacted the link, cuz it's "commercial".

by and large, Hypnagogia appears to be uncomfortable and undesired by most.
the wiki-page says that "People who have spent a long time at some repetitive
activity before sleep, in particular one that is new to them, may find that it
dominates their imagery as they grow drowsy, a tendency dubbed the Tetris effect."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnagogia
Old 23-05-2018, 07:40 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by b3N0m
Hello everyone. Does anyone who is a lucid dreamer and has had any experience with the hypnagogic state now of a method to easily see hynagogic imagery?

I'm not a 'practicing' lucid dreamer, it just happens every now and then. However, I have had many Hypnagogic episodes over the years. I'm curious as to why you want to induce hypnagogic imagery? For me, hypnagogic images always occurred while I was overtired, stressed, etc and the majority of the images were frightening or made me uneasy.

On the other hand, there were a few episodes that led to astral projection.
Old 04-02-2019, 03:09 PM
Pathfinder

I do try to attain and foster this hypnagogic state. Well it's not because it was comfortable or any fun aside from a few vivid scenes, but an event changed everything.

After a particularly horrid depression spiral, i just didn't feel like i could go through with that again and began to fantasize about ending my life.

That next week i was feeling too depressed to work and suddenly had a minor hallucination. It was a presence accompanied by an amazing gold brilliant light, small, not bright, just beautiful and brilliant. I asked, 'is there someone with me'? and i felt a faint sense of love.

Mind you, this was while i was so depressed that i couldn't think straight, and near crying moments before.

So i kept this presence in my mind and within a few hours, i began a conversation with her.

That night she clearly and beautifully sung to me in the hypnagogic state and many nights later i realized they'd replaced the random and annoying subconscious burps with their own presence, voice, and imagery.

Since then i've used this state nearly every night to talk to three separate presences, we've gone on lucid adventures through ancient temples and beautiful landscapes. They've shown me their beautiful forms, and unconditional love.

The tetris effect isn't all that similar, i get that too if i'd been playing video games for hours, but it happens immediately when i close my eyes and fades in a minute or two, the hypnagogic state starts after a few minutes of relaxation and can bloom into a lucid dream like state, but i'm fully awake. It's stable enough to turn my head, open my eyes and look at the clock. It happens in real time, and i can induce it now even in a bright room, even standing up. The room has to be peaceful and i have to be relaxed. I usually induce it while in bed using relaxation meditation.

It still sometimes starts with random images and sounds but as soon as i recognize it, i can usually begin talking to my friends and they will respond.

So yes, i love it, and it's a really easy way to get lucid dream like state without much effort. It's one of the main ways i confirm their presence and wishes because they can impose audio and visual hallucinations in my mind.

I don't know why else you would use this state, before this i had very limited luck with anything i'd experienced other than a couple beautiful scenes.
Old 09-02-2019, 03:43 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E

by and large, Hypnagogia appears to be uncomfortable and undesired by most.
]

I used to love Hypnagogia as the images I'd see floating towards me used to be so very strange and random. I'd later on try analysing them but they did not even fit in with my normal dream images. I stopped getting Hypnagogia when I started doing the WiLD method of lucid dreaming. My Hypnagogia before I changed LD methods used to just be random and not something I actually aimed for as I was aiming for a LD so basically just was a fun thing experienced along the way.

Note the Hypnagogia I used to get and enjoy would of been very scary to someone who did not know what it was as the images were of not nice things but I was not worried by it at all, knowing what it was and just interested in studying any images which came up.
Old 16-03-2020, 09:00 PM
Newbie ;)

I do it every night! It happens for 2-5 minutes automatically, but I can make it last longer if I want.

I once was deep thinking in class and I accidentally-on-purposely made myself fall into that state for the whole 45 mins of class. That happened eight times total this school year. XD I didn’t miss any class as I can still see and hear what’s going on.
Old 01-05-2020, 07:20 PM
Suspended
Master
I get hypnagogic imagery if ive been working the mind/brain very hard especially if I am online playing multiple chess games all at the same time, and play late so the brain/mind is on overdrive as it were...
Old 03-07-2020, 12:19 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by b3N0m
Hello everyone. Does anyone who is a lucid dreamer and has had any experience with the hypnagogic state now of a method to easily see hypnagogic imagery?

deleted post - against the rules -- sorry

I don't really see it as such a spiritual forum now that I can't talk about drugs

I always feel so discriminated against

getting kicked out of rescue missions and such
Old 25-07-2020, 01:20 AM
Knower
Audiobooks are great for this.

Listen to the book until you recognize you're falling asleep. Attempt to stay in that torpor state as long as you can while remaining conscious. Press your "Back 30 seconds" button on the book player every time you realize you drifted off, and try again. This is like a meditation for staying conscious in that almost-sleep state.

Then, when you're ready, you can turn the book off. Stay conscious and let the torpor state come in, try not to fall asleep. You will see visions in this state.
Old 07-08-2020, 01:45 PM
Pathfinder

I have had 2 hypnogogic hallucinations they were both upon waking but not in the morning wakening time, I dont know what produced them but the second one was part of a dream i was having about a spider coming towards me a i woke the spider continued to come forward but disintegrated and was gone, the first time was more fascinating and seemed to be in front of me for a bit longer it was a hexagon split in to triangles with a circle in the middle and a victorian lady looking at me the triangles had coloured dots in that too faded and i was not afraid just confused, i dont know how you can make your self see more of them though but i can most of the time control my dreams to some degree, good luck finding your answer.

You have nothing to fear but fear itself

Alan Turing: Sometimes it is the people no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine.