Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 26-06-2022, 08:11 AM
Seeker

How do I Spiritually Protect Myself?

I hope this is the right place to ask.

I am currently in between jobs, and so I have basically been living at home with my parents 24/7 for the past two months. I am desperately looking for a job, and intend to move to a different city as soon as I can find one.

My issue is that living with my parents is making me ill. My mother is a helicopter parent and projects her emotional issues onto me, she never learnt how to handle her own issues and also unfortunately didn't receive the best education in her home country, so I feel like there is this barrier that makes me unable to communicate to her.

My dad is an abuser, gets into fits of extreme rage over nothing and begins screaming like a demon to anybody he is in physical proximity to. He has been this way since I was a child. He is extremely negative and always puts everybody down, when I was like 10-12 he would have these bursts of rage at me whenever I was just being a kid. I would literally run away from him and he'd pick me up, slam me onto my bed and just start slapping me. When I was like 13 I was at home and experimenting with make up, he saw it and dragged me by the neck and started screaming that I look like a prostitute. He has honestly never done good for anybody.

Thankfully he isn't physical now that I am an adult. But the walls in our house are thin and I can still hear him screaming many times throughout the day. My dad doesn't work and so being exposed to his constant presence hurts me a lot, even if we don't talk or see each other all day. I feel like I am suffocating. I have no friends in this city, only bad memories. I want more than anything to leave but no job recruiters are getting back to me and all this talk of an upcoming recession just makes me even more scared that I'll have to spend even more time stuck in this house.

How can I spiritually protect myself from this awful energy that I am exposed to every single minute of the day?
Old 26-06-2022, 12:50 PM
Notice I sent you a long PM...Hope it helps.
It certainly has worked for ME!
Just ONE thing I suggested, for others reading, was to get the small paperback book,
"The Game of Life And How To Play It" by Florence Scovel-Shin

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 26-06-2022, 07:51 PM
Administrator
Along with what Miss Hepburn has said asking Arc Angel Michael to cut the cords of negativity from around you, would help.
You can also visualise yourself standing in a sphere of pure white light.
which would help protect you from negativity.

Namaste
Old 26-06-2022, 08:12 PM
ImthatIm

I only wish I could still be with my parents to complain and judge them.
But my perspective today would be one of acceptance and love for my parents
no matter where they are on their journey.
Change your perspective and change everything.
I say this out of kindness and the knowledge of knowing what it is like to grieve
for my parents presence in the physical, good, bad and the ugly.

EDIT: Become the Light you wish to see.
Or Become the Love you wish to see.

What a great opportunity you have in front of you for growth.
Old 26-06-2022, 08:46 PM
Administrator
I would agree with that

Namaste
Old 26-06-2022, 10:48 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
I only wish I could still be with my parents to complain and judge them.
But my perspective today would be one of acceptance and love for my parents
no matter where they are on their journey.
Change your perspective and change everything.

Hi, I know you didn't mean it but this line of thinking is actually very invalidating. I am not "complaining," in fact I've kept this stuff in for a long time and always tried to see the good in the situation. You never know what someone is going through, I have had people say stuff along this same vein and it never does any good for the abused, it's just a way for someone to feel holier than thou at literally the least acceptable time.

It's fine if you agree with the new age narrative, but to try and impose beliefs of love and light at such an inappropriate time is grotesque. I have used this situation for shadow work but that doesn't mean I'm no longer allowed to talk about what I see.

Last edited by Native spirit : 03-07-2022 at 09:43 AM.
Old 26-06-2022, 11:09 PM
Administrator
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion to put part of someone's answer to you as Grotesque is rude and uncalled for

Namaste
Old 27-06-2022, 12:49 AM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonge
I have used this situation for shadow work but that doesn't mean I'm no longer allowed to talk about what I see.

It's fine to talk any way you deem fit.
You asked about protection, I gave my 2 cents and all is good.
I don't walk in your moccasins and your not in mine.

I'll walk away in peace.
Old 27-06-2022, 06:08 PM
Suspended
Master
You're carrying a lot of dark energy and anger there Bonge - you need to / forgive / detach / move on / and take your time doing this 'using those 3 words' so it's done well - people on here are only trying to help... You should consider researching 'energy vibrations' your personal vibes, raise them to be stronger / be kinder to others here who are on your side giving free advice, apologies / forgiving / kindness / a smile will raise your vibes... try it - free advice...
Old 28-06-2022, 02:35 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by one-light
You're carrying a lot of dark energy and anger there Bonge - you need to / forgive / detach / move on / and take your time doing this 'using those 3 words' so it's done well - people on here are only trying to help... You should consider researching 'energy vibrations' your personal vibes, raise them to be stronger / be kinder to others here who are on your side giving free advice, apologies / forgiving / kindness / a smile will raise your vibes... try it - free advice...

Alas, I have no more dark or angry energy than anyone else who feels like their suffering has been invalidated. It's ok though, clearly my beliefs do not align with the dominant narrative here and that is more than ok. I've learnt a lot from these exchanges, even if unintentional :)