Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Closed Thread

Old 22-08-2022, 01:07 PM
Master

Considerations 146 …

I’m Right … When I’m Wrong …

- - O-0-O-O-0-o - -

Taking it all a bit farther from the post on focal points … one of the prime detriments of our uncovering and understanding greater Truth is our demand that what we currently believe is correct … no matter what … our private declaration that we are “expert” in our stance … and this destroys our desire to grow in the facet of humility … which in our present society suggests a meekness or a shyness or a negative resignation … but in the end we learn that humility is our willingness to listen … not to shut the door … not to demand someone else is “wrong” because they are not using the words that *we* prefer to use in the way that *we* use them … not to allow for at least the very real possibility that we need to grow … “forward” … but to demand that we are right on the important points … and so … case closed.

Through the centuries of religious, metaphysical, and philosophical development … the vast, vast majority of words used to define this or that … to understand same … have been twisted and combined into supposedly meaning what they do not. Many times this is *not* done intentionally … but due to the mind’s preference to conjure, analyze, and speculate … mind tends to take off on tangents … on the “maybe” of anything and everything … and then continues to believe that these new explorations are indeed … beneficial facts upon which to base everything else.

Mind guesses … mind estimates … and then bases off the conjectures. It *loves* to do this and is its design. This leads to mind being only analytical … and locks one into this mental region by continuing in and with this approach. The human state of consciousness believes … deeply … that all can be understood by the intellectual processes. ( Once again I must make clear … this is a necessary aspect of the entire process and is *not* meant as a criticism. )

The difficulty lies in the mind is not a originator … but deals with what already is … the manifested outer experiences of the Lower Psychic Worlds … ( again please remember that mind is “outer” to Soul Itself ) … and the above points just makes all of this more … detrimental.

We are rewarded by our use of the intellect … right down to the old statement … knowledge is power. We *must* use the intellect to fulfill our responsibility I living within the societies we are born into. Spirituality is not a free ride … nor a welfare system … where all is provided without payment … but many, many times … “payment” is extracted in other ways besides coin.

Intellect is not the basis of overall life … but is a function of life in the Lower Psychic Worlds. Again … it is effect … and not cause. The intellect compares and studies the relationships of one thing to another … and rarely if ever determines … or even considers … the original starting point … the foundation … the generic view. For mind … there’s no “fun” in doing that … the “fun” lies in the debate and juggling of what is to be accepted.

Life, societies, and cultures will continue as is in the Lower Psychic Worlds. It is for the individual to uncover this … and begin to live outside the traditional norms. The schoolroom is here to teach. Only an incredibly adventurous and risk-taking individual will wish to step beyond all of this … and usually quietly … on one’s own … or society will launch an attack on anyone that tries to push the accepted stances.

Demanding that “I am right and you all should listen to me” … is a clear indication of a stance for safety and power. Many, many businesses and stances of authority make their money in just this way. Again … the schoolroom is here to teach. The old makes way for the new … when allowed. It is as old as time itself.

This is all necessary … and is one of the prime reasons for the design of these Lower Psychic Worlds … in that we must first learn what we are *not* … before we learn what we *are.* The lessons are thorough, exhaustive, and decisive. This is all slightly complicated in that Soul Itself … and therefore each individual human state of consciousness being an individual … all learn in a slightly different manner … all do not learn the same thing in the same way at the same time … all have varying strengths and weaknesses … all leading to the resulting variations in life here. We are *not* all equal … except for our very foundation as Soul Itself. Each brings along their individual “baggage” … and their individual karmic implications … and each will relate and interact to that from their own individual viewpoint of the moment … or the “nowness” of this present lifetime.

Having said the above … here is one of the prime enslavements that trap so many in the mental worlds … but I … as all of these posts … offer it as a consideration only. If someone wants to learn … they will listen. If it’s more important to maintain a stance … they won’t. One of the biggest detriments is mental word play. Take word or concept … tweak it … apply it where it shouldn’t be applied … tack on another facet to it … continue with the struggle until you are just exhausted trying to solve and resolve something that cannot be resolved because the parameters or the main points have been totally clouded. One of the prime examples of this is the whole duality / non-duality on-going debate. Duality and non-duality have nothing to do with separation or you-me or “my consciousness verses your consciousness” or anything close to the other wrestlings held by so many. All of that has to do with depth or degree of focus and your own discipline to hold or guide it. Duality verses no-duality equal the Lower Psychic Worlds verses the Pure God Worlds. Period. Plug more into it and you just complicate something that needs to keep simple.

As an example … let’s get a debate going on 2+2=5 … and then devise why that’s possible with some obscure factors and just continue with it until we believe it.

Why engage in something like this … and yet … many, *many* of the current traditional teachings are simply variations of this.

No one … anywhere … said this stuff was easy. School is tough … especially a school that doesn’t allow for unwarranted or unearned promotions. People don’t skip grades and they aren’t just passed on to the next grade because …

Nor are they advanced because of declaration. “I made it … I’m there” … does not actualize the progress.

Mind is *that* good in deceiving Self. Be honest with yourself … take a step back and seek an overview … design some good probabilities … and give them a try. Experiment. Quietly and privately … but *live* your experiment as well as you can. See if it opens doors or closes them. See if it broadens or restricts your daily perceptions. Allow all of this to work *with* you and *for* you rather than against you.

More next Monday.

- - O-0-O-O-0-o - -

A 90-post index is found at thread post number 368 … page 37

A second index for posts 92 - 120 is on page 50 … post # 499

Both posts may move a bit due to welcomed moderator editing. They both will be in the “vicinity” of the above locations.

If sincere … I will respond to private messages

- - O-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 26-08-2022, 05:04 PM
Master

I would venture an educated guess … that *at least* 50% of what is defined as this-or-that in the traditional teachings and certainly mainstream offerings … is misdefined by now. As if the mind does not have a difficult enough time on its own to process the varieties of information around us … this just severely compounds the entire perspective. One of the great suggestions offered when even just beginning to investigate the more advanced teachings is … forget all you know … start from scratch … start with the basics. That does *not* mean that you forget the fundamentals of living in these worlds. Not at all. It means … begin to *allow* yourself to highly re-structure the definitions you use to understand life around you. Many times … concepts and principles have been combined or over-analyzed and the words used can never be distinguished so you can understand what-is-what. A good example of this is the combining of consciousness and awareness and knowing. These are distinctly different … and to try and combine these or anything similar into one word and understand the greater perspective by using this combination word … leaves you hanging by something that cannot be resolved. This isn’t easy … but when an individual tiptoes into this level of work … you usually have inner guidance … or … someone you can outwardly turn to to assist in all of this.

- - O-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 29-08-2022, 12:55 PM
Master

Considerations 147 …

The Supreme Defense …

- - O-0-O-O-0-o - -

The entire intellectual approach to spirituality and to the greater understanding of life … has to end in the ultimate proclamation or defense or goal of … stopping thought … stopping mind. For centuries we have been led to believe that if something comes to an end … then we are automatically and mystically advanced to the next stage or level of understanding. Case in point … when we physically die … wherever we go for the afterlife … we will instantly attain all answers to all questions and all will become clear. Live this lifetime … become perplexed with many issues and questions … end this physical lifetime … and all answers are received. Now all we have to do is go find a cloud and a harp and kick back and practice our strumming techniques … for all eternity.

Um … no.

Nothing … on any level … comes automatically. All … is learned … however and to what degree the individual is willing and able to grasp and learn. Somewhat the same “levels” of ability are available on the inner dimensions or planes … we are familiar with our stance on each of these planes by our nightly or unconscious interactions with them on our own individual basis … and when we leave the physical body we tend to lift to the next level of life we are familiar with … most often our life within the astral planes … and we take up and continue our learning there.

My point being … just because we are taught to believe we are instantly promoted to a higher level of understanding by the leaving of our physical body … neither do we automatically advance to any higher level when we stop the mind. We gain a quietude … yes. It is a long-sought goal and we are “blissful” when we achieve it … yes. It is an important crossroads … yes.

But it automatically puts you nowhere further. There is no magic wand that takes you automatically from point A to point B without putting in the personal effort to learn how to “get there” first. Please remember … the entire path is set up to teach personal responsibility to do just this. We each have to learn … and to learn at great depth and personal expense. I didn’t design this … and the best I can personally do is to let you know a bit more about it.

So once we enter the traditional intellectual teachings of mostly the East Indian approaches … ultimately … taking many lifetimes to set it all up … stopping the mind becomes a prime goal and this is the way we supposedly will uncover and learn all things … we will be in total consciousness … in purity … in the absolute … one with whatever … etc … automatically. Just stop the mind and we’re there. Again … I do not want to detract from this achievement. It is a colossal step.

But you do it once … or do it during one lifetime … and end the physical lifetime and then find yourself “back here” again … and take a bit of time before we remember that stopping the mind is the goal we wish to achieve and we do it successfully again … and then we find ourselves “back here” *again* and we remember a bit more quickly that this is what we wish to do … stop the mind … and we are again successful … and then we find ourselves “back here” AGAIN … and … etc times however many lifetimes it takes before we begin wonder … hmmm … is there something beyond all of this stopping the mind business?

This … is the the real adventure begins. This … is when you find yourself crawling out there on a limb … and to mind … it is incredibly scary. Mind wants the solidarity of either / or … of definition … of familiar thought and sets of teachings. You get out there on a limb and you don’t have many alongside. On the face of this planet there are a relative handful that have been “out there” far enough to begin to make sense of it. These are not the well-known and popular studies.

One thing you learn about LIFE … LIFE doesn’t really care how long it takes you learn … whatever. Take a couple of million lifetimes if you wish. It’s no loss to LIFE … and … if you are learning … then it’s no real “loss” to you either.

Slowing and stopping mind is all a matter of focus and discipline … the type of discipline we are least interested in practicing. It is often a slow process and is often not completed in a single lifetimes unless one has had previous experience and practice in slowing and stopping the mind and is just continuing previous capabilities in this current lifetime. Many lifetimes are spent debating just the necessity of learning to do this … more is spent on sidestepping the final practice of slowing and stopping the mind by trying to convince ourselves that it is unnecessary because “mind doesn’t matter” or that “this mind isn’t really our own or is us” … and other similar dance steps … all to put off a final discipline of our own mental preoccupations and general use of mind itself.

Once again I am saying here … these and other mental “problems” are NOT the fault of mind itself … but of the severe lack of discipline of our own mental perspectives … mis-definition being a part of it all … over-analysis another … and mind can be an incredibly beneficial and useful tool if and when used for the purposes intended before the human state of consciousness is ambushed and kidnapped by the glitter and games of the Lower Psychic Worlds … all developed through the use of often the same ploys but simply displayed or put upon the individual in subtle and slightly different ways … making each experience to seem new and different when in fact … it is the same cone run with a different face.

Anyone can carry their preferences … ( call it “ego” or “individual personality” or “self” if you wish ) … into a silent and lapsed mind for a few moments or a few hours … and when you “return” … those issues have gone nowhere else but right where they’ve been for decades … if not lifetimes.

The prime reason for this entire schoolroom scenario is for us … Soul Itself … to learn. Learning does not take place if freely given to you. Has one taken the responsibility for the learning of it? Has one earned the right to the advanced knowledge? Has one learned the preliminaries that would assist in incorporating this new knowledge into a viable lifestyle?

If you are in a room and you’ve got a fan blowing on you and you feel the breeze … just as you sense the rush of thoughts pouring into your consciousness from all around you … if you snap off the fan … this does *not* vault you out of the room … nor does stopping the mind erase, extinguish, change, or negate the issues that just lie in wait until you “return” to daily conscious activities.

More next Monday.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -

Both posts may move a bit due to welcomed moderator editing. They both will be in the “vicinity” of the above locations.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 01-09-2022, 11:40 PM
Master

Many believe that “mind” is some kind of “creature” with a will of its own … but that is simply part of the “illusion” of these Lower Psychic Worlds. Habits and patterns can be started lifetimes ago … and often are … the “focal point” of the pattern long forgotten and changes with each new lifetime. This is where the “attitude towards” comes into play … or … memories of actual events.

Even a simple scan of history shows horrific events of war, disease, poverty, slavery, servitude, and abandonment leave deep scars on us all. So many of our memorable patterns come during incredibly frightening happenings.

Put an experience together with the emotion of fear … and that pattern will take on all kinds of tangents as one moves from one lifetime to another. All of this is just a surface explanation. “Stopping the individual mind” does nothing to ease the suffering.

Time certainly softens it … but inner and release work is often necessary. Dreams often reveal some of the past life events.

An obvious answer is to maintain a lifestyle of dignity and integrity so as to take on no new karmic implications as one works to let go of the past … known or unknown.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -

Last edited by zorkchop : 02-09-2022 at 03:14 PM.
Old 02-09-2022, 12:49 AM
Thumbs up

Whoa, that was some explanation! I wish I had said that!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 02-09-2022, 01:14 PM
Master

Thanks.

I often watch a movie or two during the evening hours and spot all kinds of actions / reactions that I wonder … do people know how much they are reacting to past life experiences?

Probably not.

Conventional scientific, metaphysical, and medical teachings try to gloss over it all by “something happened in your childhood.” That is rarely the case.

But to escape the current reactions of these patterns … stopping the mind is of little to no help. Some of the patterns will be with us on a lesser sale for a long, long time. We just need to recognize that this is happening and control it as best we can. If one ever acts totally “out of character” to a current situation … you can bet that it’s a past life reaction.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 02-09-2022, 03:30 PM
Guide

*If one ever acts totally “out of character” to a current situation … you can bet that it’s a past life reaction.*

Or a necessary means towards advancement.
Old 02-09-2022, 10:58 PM
Master

Hazada …

Perhaps I should have more accurately said … “If one ever RE-acts out of character … “

The reaction must come from some previous experience … and if it doesn’t seem to fit the character of the person … it can certainly “come” from other approaches … but from that of a past life should not be dismissed.

I’m not talking about situations where you sit down and ponder. It’s a very small point anyway.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 03-09-2022, 06:31 AM
Guide

Lol,I know what you mean zorkchop.It was just a way of telling you that I am still following your posts every week and they are proving very helpful to me.
Old 05-09-2022, 12:58 PM
Master

Considerations 148 …

Using the Tool …

- - O-0-O-O-0-o - -

Those of you who have fought through these 140+ posts should be suspecting by now that it is NOT mind that is the culprit … it is NOT mind in and of itself … but it is how we use this tool that makes the difference … and not only how we use it … but how we use it towards what end. The top end of the entire multi-layered Lower Psychic Worlds is the Universal Mind. Mind … makes these worlds … but it’s all determined by how we use mind. It is not thought that is the culprit … but how we use thought. Where … and on what … do we focus ? Where does our attention lie … and for how long can we hold our attention on any singular area or concept ?

Soul Itself can use words to determine Its viewpoint. It is not *the* primary way Soul uses to hold to Its perceptions … but it is a viable choice when needed. The concept of “I am … “ … is completed by your choice of words. In the Lower Psychic Worlds … these words are dictated by personal pattern and habit. When Soul Itself learns to step beyond mind … Soul learns just what a tool mind is … but the word thoughts can be quite useful used only when necessary … and words can be used as a determinant of direction / depth itself. Since Soul Itself is little more than a singular point of awareness in the huge sea of consciousness … it becomes vital in just what words are used for determination of anything.

Words are the greatest of architectures. We know that the Universal Mind or thought has for its goal the creation of form and we know that the individual thought is likewise forever attempting to express itself in form. We know that the word is a thought-form, and a sentence is a combination of thought-forms … therefore … if we wish our ideal to be beautiful or strong, we must see that the words out of which this focus will eventually be created are exact, that they are put together carefully … because accuracy in building words and sentences is the highest design of framework in civilization and is a passport to success and our well-being.

The learning of all of this is up to each individual. It is a ruthless design … unforgiving … for its design is for our own learning processes. The entire skeleton of cause and effect … the backbone of karma … gives us opportunities to face, deal with, and lay to rest … or … accumulate anew … all that is necessary for each of us to learn at a level that we do not even know exists in the formative lifetimes. And *so* much of this is determined by … words … and more specifically … our “inner” words we constantly and continuously tell ourselves.

Mental chattering … especially unfocused mental chattering … does no one any good … and indeed … we “lose ground” because of it … or more appropriately … we get bogged down in the clutter. Our attention is endlessly pulled in multiple directions … and focus is lost. Focused attention is key to inner peace and contentment … and we must gain control over the mental aspects of this … our patterns and habits that design our perception of what is happening around us … and why it is so … before we can step beyond the mental worlds and begin to live from the greater levels of consciousness. An undisciplined mind loves the chatter.

So again … it is not mental words themselves that is the culprit here … but which words we use to define or understand life as we perceive it. If we are in the 5th grade and focus only on 5th grade curriculum … then we will stay in the 5th grade. There is no automatic launch or passing into the next grade no matter how much we demand that this is so. You will advance … when you have learned.

The traditions and conventions dictate what is taught in the various levels. The accepted levels and approaches of medicine, philosophy, metaphysics, and religions … eastern and western … hold to strict parameters and teach little beyond these limits. Most have been in place for centuries … perhaps with a new name … but with little variation. As long as these fulfill us … all is well. For the vast, vast majority of those living within the entirety of the Lower Psychic Worlds … this holds true. We are here … because we prefer to be … maybe not because we like it … but it is familiar … and we will continue because we have little idea where else to go.

Since all of existence is based in sound and light … how many have considered that mental, internal words … are sound? Do you not inwardly “hear” these words as they pour through your awareness? Have you considered … that by using mental “sounds” … you are using a basic building block of LIFE itself?

Words … matter … patterned or habitual … or otherwise.

So … now what? Are you supposed to strictly lock into a word or a phrase … repeating it over and over again zombie-fashion … like prayer-bead recitation?

No.

Take 15 to 20 minutes a day … morning or evening … whenever you can habitually take the same time every day … ( this is when you let habit work *for* you ) … lie back or sit comfortably … focus inwardly … become IN-volved … and breathe the concept or the “higher level” you wish to be … focus on it … play with it … pretend this is what you already are … dream yourself successfully being in such-and-such a way … ideally a more capable competent being … find the feeling of it … find the life of it … take it into yourself and let it live. Give birth to it. Magically accept it. Don’t do this by being *against* something … do it by being *for* something … or some concept … or some understanding. Set logic aside … and just “be” there … now.

Many get confused in there being so many options available for any approach. Approach all you can as you would in battling the Hydra … the many-headed beast that if you cut one head off … two more grow in its place. Do your best to not battle the heads. Don’t battle the specifics. Look at any number of options to the same concept and find the underlying common thread that lies beneath all of them. Find that foundation that holds true before over-analyzed specifics complicate it. A common example … say you have personal issues with Jack … and Mary … and Judy … and Adam … and Mom … and older sister … etc. If you back up and uncover the common thread … you may find that it is the issue of tolerance … or patience … or whatever … that is at the heart of them all. Build up the abstract of this … and it applies to all … at the same time. Become adept at offering patience to all … rather than trying to apply it first to Jack … and then to Mary … etc. Develop the unapplied feature … and then apply it specifically later … when needed.

I’m not saying this is easy. This takes time … and discipline. You *will* learn how to do this sometime … in some lifetime. Become an inner detective. Sleuth it out. No one has to know.

More next Monday.

- - O-0-O-O-0-o - -

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -
Closed Thread