Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > ESP & Telepathy

Old 18-06-2020, 04:08 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
Hi, sorry to butt into the convo and if I've got the wrong end of the stick. I just wanted to pick up on this point. I don't feel the guides test us. Life is a hard enough test in and of itself.

Whenever my animus tests me, he lets me know afterward that I "passed the test." It's part of the integration process.

I don't know about you, maybe your guides are different. Best of luck.
Old 18-06-2020, 04:47 PM
Just Tim

Quote:
Hi, sorry to butt into the convo and if I've got the wrong end of the stick. I just wanted to pick up on this point. I don't feel the guides test us. Life is a hard enough test in and of itself.

Hey, don't be sorry. Universe's a rainbow and every color expresses itself.
Life is hard, sure. But if you decide life's a wonderful gift, then I gladly accept the pain because happiness is there too !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilary
Whenever my animus tests me, he lets me know afterward that I "passed the test."

I can confirm I've had that feeling many many times.
So I tried this afternoon, and turns out I arrived in trance pretty quickly. I had no question or immediate guidance needed though, so just went "tapping" there. My entire body felt numb by the way, dunno if it's common or not. But I'll definitely try again as soon as I need guidance ! My anima wasn't there, but it was.. Really out of this world !
Old 18-06-2020, 05:34 PM
Knower
Great progress. Focus on letting your mind relax, sleepy, but quiet. Rather than seeking anything, let the thoughts come to you.
Old 18-06-2020, 06:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim here
Hey, don't be sorry. Universe's a rainbow and every color expresses itself.
Life is hard, sure. But if you decide life's a wonderful gift, then I gladly accept the pain because happiness is there too !

Thanks.
I didn't mean to say that life wasn't a gift. Just that I don't believe guides are there to trip us up. And that life can do that already without them putting the boot in too.
Old 18-06-2020, 07:04 PM
Knower
Quote:
Thanks.
I didn't mean to say that life wasn't a gift. Just that I don't believe guides are there to trip us up. And that life can do that already without them putting the boot in too.

Oh, not there to trip us up. More like help us grow. My guides teach me self-respect and relationship skills. My animus [ the "Father"] tests me frequently to build my skills. It's just that, if you have a mental illness, I could see that becoming a problem. For me? I usually know when I'm dealing with my animus, and when I'm probably getting a real message. Although, the two are somewhat intermixed.

For starters, you're usually not conversing with a person, so much, but rather, with their subconscious, or possibly higher self. So they may say things that they wouldn't in real life - same sort of deal as sleep talking. So there's that. Also, some thoughts they have may not come to fruition, but doesn't mean they didn't have the thought. Tested that one with a friend.

And sometimes it's purely my animus, and has nothing to do with another person at all. Usually my animus will tell me this afterward. But then they [he and my "Mother" guide] also tell me when things are "really real." I believe them, for the most part.

When in doubt - time is your best friend. If you hear the same sorts of things over and over for like a year, yeah, it's probably real. But if you hear something and it's a little strange, out of character, or even worse - it's something you really want to believe - take caution. It may be contact from your subconscious, not theirs.

Edit: Also, one final thought. Sometimes I get stumped, and fail a "test." When that has happened, after a few days, the "Father" (animus) always gives me hints and tells me it's a test. He never let's me fall down the rabbit hole completely
Old 18-06-2020, 07:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Oh, not there to trip us up. More like help us grow. My guides teach me self-respect and relationship skills. My animus [ the "Father"] tests me frequently to build my skills. It's just that, if you have a mental illness, I could see that becoming a problem. For me? I usually know when I'm dealing with my animus, and when I'm probably getting a real message. Although, the two are somewhat intermixed.

For starters, you're usually not conversing with a person, so much, but rather, with their subconscious, or possibly higher self. So they may say things that they wouldn't in real life - same sort of deal as sleep talking. So there's that. Also, some thoughts they have may not come to fruition, but doesn't mean they didn't have the thought. Tested that one with a friend.

And sometimes it's purely my animus, and has nothing to do with another person at all. Usually my animus will tell me this afterward. But then they [he and my "Mother" guide] also tell me when things are "really real." I believe them, for the most part.

When in doubt - time is your best friend. If you hear the same sorts of things over and over for like a year, yeah, it's probably real. But if you hear something and it's a little strange, out of character, or even worse - it's something you really want to believe - take caution. It may be contact from your subconscious, not theirs.

Edit: Also, one final thought. Sometimes I get stumped, and fail a "test." When that has happened, after a few days, the "Father" (animus) always gives me hints and tells me it's a test. He never let's me fall down the rabbit hole completely

So would obstacle other than trip up be a better word? Could you give me an example of a test? Doesn't have to be one you've been given.
Old 18-06-2020, 07:37 PM
Knower
Quote:
So would obstacle other than trip up be a better word? Could you give me an example of a test? Doesn't have to be one you've been given.

Opportunity for growth.

Hearing something that upsets you about the one you love. You're not sure if it's true or a test, but it upsets you. You have to choose your response to this. Do you react and push your loved one away? Or do you act with integrity and balance, while maintaining healthy boundaries? Once you get your response right to produce growth in your partner, rather than distance, you will have passed the test.
Old 18-06-2020, 07:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Opportunity for growth.

Hearing something that upsets you about the one you love. You're not sure if it's true or a test, but it upsets you. You have to choose your response to this. Do you react and push your loved one away? Or do you act with integrity and balance, while maintaining healthy boundaries? Once you get your response right to produce growth in your partner, rather than distance, you will have passed the test.

I think it's great if we can act with integrity a balance etc, but we can't control another, even if our actions were "perfect". Things still might not work out in a "positive" way. Then to see this as a failure on our part is taking all the responsibility on our shoulders, no?
Old 18-06-2020, 08:00 PM
Knower
Quote:
I think it's great if we can act with integrity a balance etc, but we can't control another, even if our actions were "perfect". Things still might not work out in a "positive" way. Then to see this as a failure on our part is taking all the responsibility on our shoulders, no?

You don't try to control another, that's for sure. You only control yourself. I find that if you have the right response, you succeed most of the time in producing the result you want. But, not always. And you have to be OK with that. Otherwise, your response is not real, just manipulation. You have to really have the self-respect. You can't fake this, that just backfires.

It's never a failure, just because the other soul chose a different path. Accept their free will. It's still growth within you, always. (See that's the difference between self-respect and manipulation. Manipulation leads to feeling like a failure. It comes from without; it's externally based. Self respect leads to feeling like a winner either way. It comes from within.)
Old 18-06-2020, 08:22 PM
Master
Quote:
You don't try to control another, that's for sure. You only control yourself. I find that if you have the right response, you succeed most of the time in producing the result you want. But, not always. And you have to be OK with that. Otherwise, your response is not real, just manipulation. You have to really have the self-respect. You can't fake this, that just backfires.

It's never a failure, just because the other soul chose a different path. Accept their free will. It's still growth within you, always.

I think if we do what we feel is right then what will be will be. I don't think it's necessary to use the word failure or failing a test, an unnecessary burden in fact. If we did our best but the partner walked away anyway, then so be it.