Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 26-06-2023, 12:00 AM
Experiencer

Question Someone keeps crossing my mind? How to make it stop?

Hi everyone,

I haven't posted in a very long time. Not sure if this is the correct location for this post request.

Lately, I've been experiencing this issue of a former acquaintance keeps crossing my mind. It's very weird because I was NOT close to this person.

My late Mom always said that if a person pops in your mind, it's a sign that you should probably pray for them. I've been praying hoping everything is well with the person.

What can I do to clear my mind and block these "fleeting" experiences?
Old 26-06-2023, 01:54 AM
Master

If you keep on praying for them then you are producing more of what you don’t want ie thoughts of them.

Stop praying and let them go imo
Old 26-06-2023, 07:07 AM
Master
Do you notice the arising of any emotions when this person crosses your mind? Maybe there's something unresolved in you in relation to this person, for example feelings of anger, resentment, sadness, guilt.

I could be way off, but it's something to consider.
Old 26-06-2023, 07:16 AM
Master

Hii TXGemini,

I am understanding from your post and kind of your energy, that you are one of these people with a special gift. But I can’t be sure. It struck me when you said “my mother told me…” and next up is a kind of specific wisdom about what happens. Sometimes families have certain gifts that they pass down. What worked for someone I knew is crossing your fingers or wearing a cross, because gifts gets disconnected when you do that. At least that was in her family…

Kind regards,

CW
Old 26-06-2023, 09:00 AM
Administrator
Many people from our past comes into mind some times,
it doesn't mean anything its just a memory.
I can understand you wanting to pray for them . and if it makes you feel better then there is no harm in it,
it could be that your instincts are telling you that something is wrong
if its not that just say a prayer for them and let them go

Namaste
Old 27-06-2023, 12:52 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
If you keep on praying for them then you are producing more of what you don’t want ie thoughts of them.

Stop praying and let them go imo

Thank you for responding, I hadn't thought of it in that context.

I appreciate your post.
Old 27-06-2023, 01:01 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
Do you notice the arising of any emotions when this person crosses your mind? Maybe there's something unresolved in you in relation to this person, for example feelings of anger, resentment, sadness, guilt.

I could be way off, but it's something to consider.

No, it's so quick and doesn't have any emotion attached to it. I'm usually busy concentrating on work or on the verge of sleep.

I do have fleeting thoughts (with anxious feelings) of family/friends , I'll reach out to them and they'll tell me that they or their family members have been sick or had an accident.
Old 27-06-2023, 01:14 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWonder
Hii TXGemini, I am understanding from your post and kind of your energy, that you are one of these people with a special gift. But I can’t be sure. It struck me when you said “my mother told me…” and next up is a kind of specific wisdom about what happens.
I understand totally what you are saying. My grandparents (mom's parents) were very connected to signs and synchroncities and Earth energy. My grandmother and mom were able to interpret their dreams. I very rarely remember my dreams. I really wish I had learned more---when things would happen to me and I'd tell my Mom she would interpret the sign and within a day or so it would come to pass.

I just haven't been able to shake this particular person's name fleeting ever so often...maybe it means I'm going to meet someone with that same name in the future. I don't know I'm just guessing at this point.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 27-06-2023 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 27-06-2023, 01:15 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
Many people from our past comes into mind some times,
it doesn't mean anything its just a memory.
I can understand you wanting to pray for them .
That makes me feel better. Thanks so much for the kind words.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 27-06-2023 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 27-06-2023, 12:00 PM
Pls, rem 2-3 sentences only when quoting others.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru