Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 03-03-2015, 12:37 AM
Knight_of_Light

Please release me from the negative pattern

I was a happy kid. Then I became a depressed teen who was abused by everyone. And I turned invisible - people no longer notice me, talk over me. I am that loner that has no close fiends and never had a real girlfriend. Yet I have a good heart. I am nice to people and every once in a while I attract toxic people who lower my vibration and suck the life out of me. I've having anxiety/depression and panic attacks for years.

In 2013 suddenly they stopped and I felt great until spring of 2014 when depression came back. Trying to recover ever since. I did everything - meditation, chanting, positive thinking. vitamins, supplements. I don't want to go back to pills as they don't help me and hurt my body more.

I have thyroid nodules or something, Celiac, autoimmune problems, digestion problems, depression and possibly a plethora of mind conditions caused by emotional stress and bad experiences. I am overthinking things and behaving like autistic/AHDH. The mind chatter is distracting. Please, help me cleanse my soul from everything! I want to start anew, to become that charming kid with a clear mind, filled with light again. I sense the negative energy trying to suffocate me and take over my life again but my body and mind are tired so I cannot fight it alone.

God bless you all!
Old 03-03-2015, 03:24 AM
Master

Well, first off, Spiritual Forums is not a place for medical diagnosis and you should see a Health Professional for the physical symptoms. There are many medications available that help with depression as well that may help you to feel better, so that you can feel better. They are there for a reason - God made Doctors too.

Having said that, you can always work on changing yourself. People can change, and it can be as easy or as hard as you make it.

I don't and haven't had some of the symptoms that you speak of, so I don't honestly know what might help you, but I can give you some suggestions for the ones that I have had, and you can try them on for size and see if any of them fit, until someone else comes along who has more intimate knowledge of the others.

Mind Chatter: what works sometimes for me is to breathe. Get connected to you breath - breathing is what keeps us alive, and is our connection to our body - the most basic connection. Sometimes when we get anxious, we forget to breathe, and then our body freaks out. Holding your breath is sometimes an unconscious thing - you may not realize you are doing it.
There are many ways to connect to your breath. Simple counting while you are breathing gives your brain something to focus on. One, two, three on the in-breath, and one, two, three on the out-breath. Try doing this when you are alone, and lying down, so you are relaxed and just enjoy breathing. Enjoy the feelings your body has when you are just allowing it to breathe. On the in-breath, think of breathing in the oxygen, on the out-breath, think of breathing out resistance.

We are energy, and everything the world is made up of is energy, and every particle of everything has a piece of Joy in it. So, after breathing for a while - maybe a few minutes, when you breathe in, breathe in the joy that is all around you - the unseen joy that is in everything, and on the out-breath, breathe the joy down your body and all the way to your toes. Feel how that feels when you breathe in the Joy, and breathe the Joy down into your body.

Another way to stop the mind chatter is to mentally take a step back, from whatever it is you are thinking about. Just leave it where it is, and step back from it in your mind. And just let it be. I am learning to do that, and for me, it is very peaceful. Just a breather, for a few moments, and it resets my mind chatter - sort of turns off the chatter and I forget what I was thinking about.

Feeling better - sometimes the only thing I can do to feel better, is to reach for a little better feeling thought than the one I am worrying about, and go general. This is an Abraham (Hicks) process, going general. Say you are worried about some person who was mean to you. So, you take a step back from the thoughts, and be quiet for a moment, and just breathe for a few minutes, and then breathe in the Joy, down to your toes, and then try to think a little better thought about that situation.

The one thought that always helps me is, nothing has to happen this red hot minute. I can sit for five minutes and think of something that does feel good, and focus on that for five minutes. Try and think of something that is a good feeling, or a good memory, or some place that you know that is beautiful, and try and do that. You can do that for five minutes.

After five minutes, you may have another thought that intrudes, and when that happens, it's okay, just let that thought go, and think of something else that is nice to think about for another five minutes. You can do five minutes.

Then repeat that again.

After 15 minutes, you should be feeling much better.

It will get easier to get to that calm, centered place with practice. You are teaching your body that it doesn't have to react negatively to your thoughts, and that you can control your thoughts anytime you want, and you can relax your body any time you want.

If I am down, I have shortcuts now that I do, if I have a quiet place and the internet. I just go to You Tube and watch something that makes me feel better. I like watching babies belly laughing, and cats and dogs being silly, and comedians. Sometimes it will be Jimmy Fallon and the Tonight Show - there is usually something stupid on that can make me laugh.

And if you do that every day, for a little while, just to make yourself feel better a little bit each day, each day you will feel a little bit better. It may take a week, it may take a month, but it is worth the effort. You are always worth your own effort.

Be easy, and don't beat yourself up. Be yourself, and learn who that is, and don't let anybody tell you that you are not worthy.

Google self love - and check around. Focus on self love for awhile. There are many ways to learn to love ourselves.

I don't know if you even know who Abraham Hicks is, but there is this you tube audio that always makes me smile, so I'll put it here. Abraham is a group of entities that Esther Hicks channels - she has been channeling them for people for over 25 years, and they have an awesome sense of humor. So, I hope this makes you smile.

Get Happy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykAPG_Ap7cY
Old 03-03-2015, 04:54 AM
Master
Knight of Light, my heart goes out to you,I to have have much of what you say and I think all we can do is keep trying ,keep on my friend .Nameless has some good suggestions, you need to find what works for you though ,definetely keep up the positive self talk,we all have a victim that wants to believe if only this hadnt of happened etc but all we have is this very moment and the more negative we are,the more we attract,unfortunately we dont even reconize it alot of the time ,but definetly develop a deep compassion and love for yourself,say positive affirmations ,there are many on the forum and if you feel you havent healed from past issues keep seeking counselling and or group therapy ,volunteering and helping others can really take your mind off your problems and your soul will feel satisfied as well you will meet other people.You can do this, ask for inner strength from spirit and believe that you are being unconditionally loved and guided by the The Great Spirit in All Things. I am deriving my strength from Native American Wisdom, I use accupressure points from chinese medicine and mini Qi gong, and do a little yoga.Please know you are not alone, I know it may feel that way but keep reaching out and reaching in and you will find your happy child again. I try to go for a barefoot walk everyday and sit with nature somewhere I have a beautiful little spot a few blocks from my house with lots of bush,big trees and many bird varities and butterflys are out now too,it is very healing. All else fails get out of your head by thinking about your feet. Lol .Love deepsoul
Old 03-03-2015, 06:04 AM
Knight_of_Light

Nameless, thank you but I prefer to use herbs to medicine. It was an antibiotic prescribed by a doctor that made my kidneys go into an overdrive and then a fatigue, so I am scared of them for life. I believe it's bad for the body and the soul to use medicines. They say St. John's wort is a natural anti-depressant, I will try it.

Deepsoul, I no longer have negative self-talk (thank you, Loise Hay). The problem is I attract toxic people that are exercising their egoism on me. And I react with frustration. It's like they always rub me the wrong way. Last year the people I met were thousand times better. Over here, I might start the day on positive note and be happy and then I go to the university and it's like everyone is sour. Or I go to the shop and get negative vibes by people.

Blessings!