Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 10-10-2012, 01:30 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritualized

Astral Dynamics: The Complete Book of Out-of-Body Experiences - by Robert Bruce, is very good.

Also Robert Munroe's work -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Monroe
  • Journeys Out of the Body (1971)
  • Far Journeys (1985)
  • Ultimate Journey (1994)
Thanks again.

You might wanna check out this book also (assuming you havent read it yet):

'Our Ultimate Reality' by Adrian Cooper: http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Reali.../dp/0979910609
Old 10-10-2012, 01:53 AM
Experiencer

Steven Spielberg really needs to do a 3-hour movie on the astral world
Old 15-10-2012, 08:07 PM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritualized
This is the problem that I have Juanita - Where do you find the understanding, empathy & support in relation to the life & experiences that I've had? For the majority it's all totally outside of their frame of reference/experience. Not just to have had years of very severely altered/non-ordinary states/psychosis - whatever you want to call it all; & everything that goes with all that in these 'Western' Cultures/the World - & not just all the alcohol & drug use - But in relation to having been 11 years in recovery from it all; & following a serious spiritual path. It's not many with these sets of experience. The majority appear to have little of any kind of understanding around any of it. This society doesn't care; & the majority neither listen, nor care to even try & understand what is involved. Who apart from some very rare individuals appear to have any genuine knowledge/understanding of deeper spiritual matters anyway?

As I said above - I think that maybe my primary life lesson may well be one of Self Reference - To go with my own wisdom, knowledge, & understanding; & to stop trying to find any genuine or deep empathy, compassion, understanding, validation, acknowledgement, or care for what I've been through. It's likely that I'll never find it.

this is what comes to mind.....Have you ever thought of volunteering at a drug and alcohol rehab center or the like? You are not the only one out there with these problems or this type of background experience.......we all probably know at least one friend or family member with the same experiences.......You could be very helpful in such an environment.....as far as spiritual minded people----that is what this board is all about.......I think that we are all compassionate individuals.......
Old 15-10-2012, 08:13 PM
Neville

Hello spiritualized,

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. Just my thoughts - If our purpose is to return to the source, then why did we ever leave in the first place?

Have we left source? I tend to feel we are an expression of source. in this respect we remain very much an integral part of source.
Old 15-10-2012, 09:47 PM
Master
spiritualized: If our purpose is to return to the source, then why did we ever leave in the first place?

I agree with Neville. It's impossible to leave the source because it is also our own essence... we are drops of that infinite ocean of pure consciousness and love.

We did, however, lose awareness of It and of what we are as its pure expression. In that we, as expressions, became limited and distorted.

How could that great loss happen? In my view, by getting overly involved with pleasure/pain sensations of the body, activities of the mind, and the need for physical survival.

As we 'wake up' from that dream/illusion of separation from It - here while living in this world - we are gradually healed, balanced and freed in knowing our essential wholeness.

Xan

Last edited by Xan : 16-10-2012 at 01:21 AM.
Old 16-10-2012, 12:20 AM
spiritualized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanita
this is what comes to mind.....Have you ever thought of volunteering at a drug and alcohol rehab center or the like? You are not the only one out there with these problems or this type of background experience.......we all probably know at least one friend or family member with the same experiences.......You could be very helpful in such an environment.....as far as spiritual minded people----that is what this board is all about.......I think that we are all compassionate individuals.......

I don't think you get what I'm saying?

It's very few that have the history & experiences that I've had; who then go on to what I have done. I've in fact only heard of one other person on the internet that resembles it. Yes - plenty of addicts/alcoholics - & some of them in recovery. Some who have experienced severe & prolonged psychosis; as well as addiction/alcoholism. But incredibly few in long term recovery from all that - & rarer than corpses who have fully healed from & resolved it all.
Old 16-10-2012, 01:39 PM
Guide
I'm just joining in so this may be off-base, but what I'm gathering is that you are looking for more of a collective of like-minded individuals who've can understand/relate to your experiences maybe share some stories and gain some better light on your experiences?

There are a few, and far between here, but in concentration, I imagine there are other avenues of resource.

Have you looked into shamanistic groups? Many have had psychosis and healed from it, no doubt there would also be those healed from drug/alcohol abuse as well with general statistics in mind. I think the saying goes, Shamans swim where others drown, or something. :)
Old 16-10-2012, 02:26 PM
spiritualized

Thank you for the reply sheep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Sheep
I'm just joining in so this may be off-base, but what I'm gathering is that you are looking for more of a collective of like-minded individuals who've can understand/relate to your experiences maybe share some stories and gain some better light on your experiences?

That's exactly what I'm looking for. In relation to someone that has gone through many years/decades of severe alcoholism/addiction (drunk/drugged daily) [& all the social/familial/other issues that goes with all that], who has also been through severely altered/non-ordinary states/severe psychosis; to the point of having been a revolving door patient; hospitalised multiple times/multiple breakdowns, & categorically agreed from the perspective of psychiatry to be suffering with 'paranoid schizophrenia' - To have been treated by psychiatry with years/decades of psychiatric drugs

- & then importantly to have achieved long term/genuine T-Total recovery (years/decades) from drinking/street drug use, & also to have made a lot of healing from all the other issues; ideally a full & long term medication free recovery.

In 10 years of searching the internet, reading many many books, chatting with thousands of people, & all the people that I've met & chatted with in my life; I've only ever come across one such story. A woman who was a revolving door patient; in & out of the psychiatric system for close to 40 years, who had severe alcohol & drug problems - who made a remarkable genuine healing & recovery; achieved long term sobriety & medication free/symptom free healing from her mental health issues.

I've chatted to so many people about all these areas - & there is no shortage of suggestions & people that say they understand. They don't; which is fair enough - but it gets very frustrating.

I'm over 11 years in T-Total recovery from alcoholism/addiction; & have made a remarkable recovery/healing from the mental health difficulties as well. I've made massive progress. There are however a number of ongoing issues, & I do still need to take a low dose of a psychiatric medication.

I just long to chat with people that genuinely understand & that have been through similar things. Most people just haven't. Usually they are either still stuck in it all - or they just haven't been through similar. Yes - people have drug/alcohol problems & recover (but it's not the same, [& nor is drug induced psychosis]), & yes people experience psychosis & recover (usually however the recovery stories are best described as being from brief reactive psychosis). It's rare to get people that experience severe experiences in both areas; & who eventually go on to make a complete recovery - I just don't come across them.

Quote:
Have you looked into shamanistic groups? Many have had psychosis and healed from it, no doubt there would also be those healed from drug/alcohol abuse as well with general statistics in mind. I think the saying goes, Shamans swim where others drown, or something. :)

I'm sure that there are the stories of healing out there from all this. It's just very hard finding it all.

I've worked with many healers; 2 in-particular. One currently whom I've been working with for the past 4 years; & he is a great help.

“The schizophrenic is drowning in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight,” Joseph Campbell

A similar saying has been attributed to others as well; including Edgar Cayce. I've looked a lot into all the spiritual angles to all this - spiritual emergence/emergency, shamanism, all sorts. & attended certain groups; energy healing workshops, NLP/self hypnosis, Indian traditional tribal circle (overseen by a shamen woman), all sorts.

Difficult to know what to do with it all? But thank you for at least acknowledging & understanding what the issue is.
Old 16-10-2012, 03:04 PM
spiritualized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanita
You are not the only one out there with these problems or this type of background experience.......

Schizophrenia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizophrenia

Alcoholism - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcoholism

Addiction - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Addiction

Please direct me to all the people you know that have had/experienced all of the above to a severe/long term degree & who have gone on to make a complete medication free & T-Total recovery/healing from all of it. Thanks.
Old 17-10-2012, 02:00 AM
Master
to have achieved long term/genuine T-Total recovery (years/decades) from drinking/street drug use, & also to have made a lot of healing from all the other issues; ideally a full & long term medication free recovery.

Bless your heart, spiritualized. Sincerely.

Xan