Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 11-08-2020, 03:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotir
The reason for the confusion is in the attempted limiting of the divine by reading scripture as a lawyer would.

When you read scripture, just accept everything as true.

There is clarity in this approach (faith supervening mind/mental reasoning) even if, or especially because it is not logical or rational.

~ J
. You're parents ever tell you something and when you asked why and there response was "because I said so"?
Old 11-08-2020, 04:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
. You're parents ever tell you something and when you asked why and there response was "because I said so"?

Isn't that exactly what happens in certain Religious Groups. Your even ' Shunned ' for asking to many questions. Tow the line or your out....
Old 11-08-2020, 04:07 PM
Master
Quote:
I was reading though the post, it all seems to up to personal translation "believe what works for your personal mindset". Is this a 6 or a 9??? Depends on how you look at it. That's the game we play when it comes to religion. The Bible has a lot of good guidelines. But it shouldn't be taking word for word. So much of it is up to interpretation. If God didn't want us to think for ourselves he would have made us so we couldn't.

A very sensible way of looking at things.
Old 11-08-2020, 05:22 PM
Master
Miracles happen. I believe in them.

You seem to have a problem regarding doubt.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 11-08-2020, 07:15 PM
ketzer

Quote:
I was reading though the post, it all seems to up to personal translation "believe what works for your personal mindset". Is this a 6 or a 9??? Depends on how you look at it. That's the game we play when it comes to religion. The Bible has a lot of good guidelines. But it shouldn't be taking word for word. So much of it is up to interpretation. If God didn't want us to think for ourselves he would have made us so we couldn't.

On the other hand, maybe it's all a test. You are created by God with the ability to think for yourself. If you choose to do so and get it wrong, then you get sent to hell to suffer for eternity . What do you think about that? Careful now, a lot could be riding on this.
Old 11-08-2020, 07:31 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
Miracles happen. I believe in them.

You seem to have a problem regarding doubt.

It's a human experience to doubt. Tell me of a person other than Jesus who hasn't doubted. Also, this smells an awful lot like "healing will only happen if you believe in it enough" ideology to me. Grew up with that a lot in the charismatic Pentecostal churches I attended as a youngster.

If God wants to do a miracle, it'll happen whether you believe in it or not.
Old 11-08-2020, 07:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMay
It's a human experience to doubt. Tell me of a person other than Jesus who hasn't doubted. Also, this smells an awful lot like "healing will only happen if you believe in it enough" ideology to me. Grew up with that a lot in the charismatic Pentecostal churches I attended as a youngster.

If God wants to do a miracle, it'll happen whether you believe in it or not.

Yes..... Miracles don't follow any religion
Old 11-08-2020, 11:11 PM
kjw47

Quote:

There is only one truth. Yet 34,000 religions claiming to be of Jesus. All say they have holy spirit. Yet all have different truths. Yes a mass of confusion comes out of personal interpretation. The Jesus of the bible came and brought together as one-unified in love, peace, and thought( 1Cor 1:10) a worldwide brotherhood, no matter skin color or country. Not an easy accomplishment in a satan ruled system.
Old 12-08-2020, 03:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47
There is only one truth. Yet 34,000 religions claiming to be of Jesus. All say they have holy spirit. Yet all have different truths. Yes a mass of confusion comes out of personal interpretation. The Jesus of the bible came and brought together as one-unified in love, peace, and thought( 1Cor 1:10) a worldwide brotherhood, no matter skin color or country. Not an easy accomplishment in a satan ruled system.

...... and it was prophesied that what we see today would happen but there would be one that would resonate with what Jesus really taught.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 12-08-2020, 04:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
...... and it was prophesied that what we see today would happen but there would be one that would resonate with what Jesus really taught.
It could have been prophesied buy some who understood that history repeats itself. Today I was reading about the Spanish flu. The similarities of that and what is going on now sent chills down my spine.