Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 30-07-2020, 07:36 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Sometimes it appears most have never really studied the Bible.

In some cases, they go to Google and relate what somebody else has posted, which may just be flat out wrong.

Knowing the major themes of the Bible and then the minor themes will put a person on a course approving with God.

Perhaps. But other times it seems like some of those who wrote the Bible never really understood much about God. And many of those who push it as some sort of absolute unerring truth, don't even understand it themselves. They are just repeating things others said and wrote a long time ago and assuming it can't be wrong. They make it into a beam in their own eye and then go out looking for the splinters in others eyes. They seem to feel that because they know where some chapter and verse some text is at, they are on a course approving with God. Yet they never even consider some of it might be flat out wrong, and that God would rather they understood the major and minor themes of life rather then those of the Bible. Nothing wrong with looking at the bible, many good things mixed in there, but one must seek to understand God, not just the bible.
Old 30-07-2020, 07:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Perhaps. But other times it seems like some of those who wrote the Bible never really understood much about God. And many of those who push it as some sort of absolute unerring truth, don't even understand it themselves. They are just repeating things others said and wrote a long time ago and assuming it can't be wrong. They make it into a beam in their own eye and then go out looking for the splinters in others eyes. They seem to feel that because they know where some chapter and verse some text is at, they are on a course approving with God. Yet they never even consider some of it might be flat out wrong, and that God would rather they understood the major and minor themes of life rather then those of the Bible. Nothing wrong with looking at the bible, many good things mixed in there, but one must seek to understand God, not just the bible.

Now this Post should be framed......
Old 30-07-2020, 08:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer

It seems you are making a lot of generalizations.

But then, each time you wrote God, I hear the word Elohim and saw the word אֱלֹהִ֑ים. Apparently, not everybody 'digs' that deep in the Bible.

In Buddhism, I also 'dig' deeper in the scriptures then most, even when I am severely ridiculed by some Buddhists for doing that.

Same holds true for other religions and teachings. That is just what I like to do.

But I have noticed a tendency of some to 'throw the baby out with the water' just so they can make a point. I encourage people to Get to know and understand the main themes in the Bible: then they will see how it all fits together like a 'neat' puzzle.

I am amazed of all the animosity, people claiming to be of a spiritual nature heap on the various religions, by people who do not seem to understand what they are opposing.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 30-07-2020, 11:20 PM
ketzer

Quote:
It seems you are making a lot of generalizations.

But then, each time you wrote God, I hear the word Elohim and saw the word אֱלֹהִ֑ים. Apparently, not everybody 'digs' that deep in the Bible.

In Buddhism, I also 'dig' deeper in the scriptures then most, even when I am severely ridiculed by some Buddhists for doing that.

Same holds true for other religions and teachings. That is just what I like to do.

But I have noticed a tendency of some to 'throw the baby out with the water' just so they can make a point. I encourage people to Get to know and understand the main themes in the Bible: then they will see how it all fits together like a 'neat' puzzle.

I am amazed of all the animosity, people claiming to be of a spiritual nature heap on the various religions, by people who do not seem to understand what they are opposing.

I don't hold scriptures of any kind to be sacred, and so though I like to read them to some extent, and often find many pointers, bits of wisdom, and inspirations, in them, along with many other sources, I don't hold the same interest in getting down into the weeds as other more devout readers might. Some seem to feel, and others to even preach, that everything that needs to be understood can be found in the bible and nobody should look anywhere else. I don't think this.

Scriptures, IMO, are not the word of God, they are just the thoughts of men about God at one point in time. Stories and words attributed to God and Jesus (from the bible anyway) that may or may not be accurate or even something God or Jesus would agree with. As a tome of writings that record many of the thoughts that man has had and does have about God they are valuable, but as a complete set of instructions from God, they are IMO anything but.

As in so many things, there is so much to explore and I am but one soul moving through this life experience. I must decide where to explore in the time I have, and I often find insights in places far away from the scriptures of religions.

I have studied botany, and forestry to some extent. I know the names of most of the trees in the woods where I walk, and even many of the scientific names as well. I even know some things about each kind of tree. I like that I know these things, it helps me to appreciate nature better in some ways.
Yet no matter how much I learn about botany and plants it will never give me the experience of walking through the woods early in the morning when there is a mist in the air. Or standing in them in the fall when the leaves have all turned gold and a breeze is dropping them all around me.

If you like to dig deep into the details of religious scriptures that is fine and useful. But I hope that from time to time you pause and push all those facts and details to the back of your mind for a bit and allow the gestalt of the bigger picture to settle in around you. Even if one learns the details of every single tree, it is never the same as experiencing the forest.
Old 31-07-2020, 01:48 AM
Pathfinder

My 2 Cents.

Jesus talks of an eternal order most times if not the worldly order based on this eternal spiritual order by and large. What if He had done otherwise does not arise most of the times. More so in an important context.

There are 2 orders. The Spiritual/Heavenly/Higher order and the Material/Worldly/lower order.

Both orders exist in this world and the former expected beyond this world.

Ideally the latter is to be guided by the former, and the former pure, holy and sacred.

The problem is the former exists in an evil state and so is the latter (Both of them are supposed to be good).

Jesus came to fix the former (for if the former is corrected and gives light, the latter would follow suit), that was presided over by the blind, pharisees. The pharisees of this day are far more evil. One unlike the pharisees they have the light yet choose to be in the dark and second even in absolute terms a lot of them far more evil.

To keep it short it is necessary and purposeful to obey both order's for order and not confusion to prevail. Second we Christians need to be single minded'ly focussed on the Spiritual order. Third tax in itself is not evil though Caesar/Govt could exempt those who are not attached and do not possess material riches (Not the filthy churches which are dens of thieves). Fourth we do not overcome evil by resisting it (Not hatred with hatred but Love against hatred).
Old 31-07-2020, 02:59 AM
Master

Quote:
People feel existentially threatened when their beliefs are challenged.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 31-07-2020, 03:09 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundation123
My 2 Cents.
To keep it short it is necessary and purposeful to obey both order's for order and not confusion to prevail. Second we Christians need to be single minded'ly focussed on the Spiritual order. Third tax in itself is not evil though Caesar/Govt could exempt those who are not attached and do not possess material riches (Not the filthy churches which are dens of thieves). Fourth we do not overcome evil by resisting it (Not hatred with hatred but Love against hatred).

So you say: love against hatred, but not for the filthy churches which are dens of thieves ...

This reminds a funny line from a movie: "You want me to be generous, but only to those you approve of ..."
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 31-07-2020, 05:30 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
So you say: love against hatred, but not for the filthy churches which are dens of thieves ...

This reminds a funny line from a movie: "You want me to be generous, but only to those you approve of ..."

Reg "Only to those you approve of"

Isn't it common sense?

Should be generous only to the deserving.

Love does not mean condoning evil.
Old 31-07-2020, 06:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundation123
Reg "Only to those you approve of"

Isn't it common sense?

Should be generous only to the deserving.

Love does not mean condoning evil.

Doesn't every Sentient Being deserve empathy ?
Old 31-07-2020, 06:15 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Doesn't every Sentient Being deserve empathy ?

Empathy is deserved for all.Also Empathizing is not our only job. We are supposed to live a joy filled life.

Aiding evil is destroying the individual as well as common good.

It is not my point that one should not approve of another for a differing view point. However maters of spirituality are not a private affair alone and healthy discussions should be promoted.

We also have to prioritize generosity. First to those close to us followed by the distant and then strangers. However full Christians are probably supposed to open the purse fully or maybe not even have their own purse.