Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 09-03-2020, 11:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
I myself could care less about what is canonized.

I sat overlooking a lake and up from within me came out a phrase.
"I want my life back"
I seen an eagle circle the shore and land in a tree.
Myself said "Go see"
I walked to the tree in the woods and found the eagle had her nest there.
I heard people talking close by, so I went to see.
I met people that where on a Sacred path like me getting ready to
take a purification sweat bath.
I was profoundly touched, so I walked back to the eagle's nesting tree
and asked eagle if I may gift my new friends some feathers that
were scattered on the ground.
I did and it was good.
I knew then I was back on my path.

I think this was one example of "inner and outer" working like a circle of life.

Lovely

Thanks be to God it wasn't canonized, they'd have destroyed it by twisting the Teachings inside out and back to front like they did/do with all other Scriptures to suit the Judges...
Old 09-03-2020, 02:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Lovely

Thanks be to God it wasn't canonized, they'd have destroyed it by twisting the Teachings inside out and back to front like they did/do with all other Scriptures to suit the Judges...

Can you give examples of what you are writing about?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 10-03-2020, 04:03 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
GOSPEL OF THOMAS
VERSES 4-6
Quote:
(4) Jesus said,
"The man old in his days will not hesitate to ask a child seven days old about the place of life, and that person will live. For many who are first will become last, and they will become a single one."
The man gets hypnotized by his life in society, and forgets the knowledge with which he was born. He needs to wake up from trance, and that may take many tries (lives, incarnations).

Quote:
(5) Jesus said,
"Recognize what is in front of you, and that which is hidden from you will become clear to you. For there is nothing hidden that will not become manifest."
When you'll wake up and recognize this reality for what it is, you'll understand your position in the wider reality. There is noting hidden from you, it's you who don't see it.

Quote:
(6) His disciples questioned him:
"Should we fast? How should we pray? "Should we give to charity? What foods should we abstain from?"
What rituals, techniques, life should we follow?

Quote:
Jesus responded:
"Do not lie. What you hate, do not do. Everything is revealed before heaven. Nothing hidden will fail to be revealed and nothing covered will remain undisclosed."
There's no use to pretend you are something else than you are. Techniques, rituals, actions, can't hide your beliefs, and thoughts. Your reality reflects them as they truly are, reflects you as you truly are.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 10-03-2020, 04:44 AM
Master
GOSPEL OF THOMAS
VERSES 7-9

(7) Jesus said:
"Blessed is the lion that a person will eat and the lion will become human.

Cursed is the person whom a lion will eat and the lion will become human."

(8) Jesus said,
"The man is like a wise fisherman who cast his net into the sea and drew it up from the sea full of little fish. Among all the little fish, the wise fisherman found one fine large fish. He threw all the little fish back into the sea and chose the large fish without difficulty.

Whoever has ears to hear, let him hear."

(9) Jesus said,
"Look, a sower went out, took a handful of seeds and scattered them. Some fell on the road and the birds came and ate them. Others fell on the rock, did not take root in the soil, and did not produce any grain. And others fell on thorns which choked the seeds and worms devoured them. Others fell on the good soil and it produced good fruit and yielded sixty per measure and a hundred and twenty per measure."

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 11-03-2020, 04:16 AM
Master
The Gospel of Thomas was never canonized and contrasts with the other four canonized gospels. For example, in the Gospel of Thomas, Jesus esponds with wisdom, never mentions fulfilling scriptures, performs no miracles, does not mention that of a new kingdom coming which will totally decimate the existing governments and that of the Law being fulfilled.

The Gospel of Thomas is written in a cryptic fashion fueled by the hidden sayings of Jesus.

Old 11-03-2020, 12:33 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
The Gospel of Thomas is a Gospel that never was canonized.

The Gospel is very short - only 114 verses.

The scriptures that will be presented were paraphrased by myself.

The first posit is that of the first 3 scriptures.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

. . . . . . . . . GOSPEL OF THOMAS

These are the hidden words that the living Jesus
spoke which Didymos Judas Thomas (twin) recorded.

(1) And he said:
"Whoever discovers the meaning of these words, will not taste death."

(2) Jesus said:
"seek till you find.
When you find, you will be dismayed.
When you are dismayed, you will be astonished.
When you are astonished, you will reign over all."

(3) Jesus said:
“If your leaders say to you, ‘Look the Kingdom is in the sky!”
then the birds of the sky will be there before you.
If they say to you, ‘It’s in the Sea,’
then the fish will be there before you.

Rather, the kingdom is inside of you and outside of you."

"When you get to know yourselves,
then you will be known,
and you will realize that you are the children of the living Father.

But if you do not get to know yourselves,
then you will live in poverty, and you are poverty."

Lets openly discuss what the verses say and ponder on why these texts never got canonized.

I can't even began to explain what Thomas meant concerning "if you do not get to know yourselves, then you will live in poverty, and you are poverty." I do understand the Kingdom being In and out of you. because one has to believe deeply in the Kingdom, which will soon be. Jesus taught his followers to pray for it ,(Matt. 6:10 "Your kingdom come. Your will be done On earth as it is in heaven").

this will soon take place with Jesus and his Helpers Ruling over a Righteous Earth ,(Rev. 5:9,10 And they sing a new song, saying: “You are worthy to take the scroll and open its seals, because you were slaughtered and with your blood you bought persons for God out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation. And has made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth).

Jehovah God words says ,(2Tim. 3:16,17 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness. that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work). he had those words we read placed in order to benefit us.

Jehovah used those he picked, like Daniel ,(Dan. 12:4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased). and Jerimiah ,(Jer. 30:1,2 The word that came to Jeremiah from the Lord, saying. “Thus speaks the Lord God of Israel, saying: ‘Write in a book for yourself all the words that I have spoken to you).

by means of his Holy Spirit ,(2Pet. 1:20,21 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Ghost). though Thomas worshiped the God of Israel, and followed Jesus, Jehovah didn't used him. there were MANY followers of Jesus, who may have written words.
Old 11-03-2020, 03:28 PM
Master

JoJo, from your point of view has Christian churches gone astray? how far back does that go?
why is it that you quote scripture from a church you think has gone astray?
why would God permit his church to go astray and yet not permit scripture to go astray?
why are things the way you say they are and not another way? or why do other people tell us the way things are and then others disagree with them?
this is what the Gospel of Thomas is dealing with, throwing everything back up into the air and saying "you figure it out yourself"
that just makes more sense that trusting in humans to tell the truth whether they are alive now or not
Old 11-03-2020, 05:32 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50

by means of his Holy Spirit ,(2Pet. 1:20,21 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Ghost). though Thomas worshiped the God of Israel, and followed Jesus, Jehovah didn't used him. there were MANY followers of Jesus, who may have written words.

jojo50,

Thank you...:) This particular scripture is very enlightening. I would not have a love affair with the Bible if I did not think it was not the inerrant word of God. For Christians this is the most fundamental foundation for faith. We do not arrive at this conclusion through intellectual means of comparing various beliefs, religions, reasonings or other books. Ephesians 2:8 informs us...."For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith---AND THIS NOT FROM YOURSELVES, it is the GIFT of God...". 'And this not from yourselves', in this instance, is directly referring to faith. People confuse this and think that it is referring to grace and then proceed to offer it as proof that salvation comes by grace. It is, of course, true that salvation comes solely by grace but in this instance the reference is to the origin of faith. So that for those of us who believe we understand that by an act of grace God has given us faith.....and that faith manifest itself by our belief in the inerrant word of God as given to us in the Bible. I thank God for this act of grace.

It almost pains me to hear people talk about the prophets and speak about what they have told us like they were just ordinary men with their own ideas and concepts of God. The prophets(and the rest of the Bible) were speaking the word of God which was given to them by the Holy Spirit. Revelation 19:8...."Worship God ! For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy." This is a clear indication that the words of the prophets were actually the words given to them by Jesus. One should go back to the opening words of the Gospel of John...."In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning." The 'Word' is only capitalized to demonstrate its divinity....it is synonymous with Jesus and is referring to Him.

Now in relation to the canonization of the Bible......I read from John 14:26...."But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything that I have said to you." I must believe as an act of faith that the ones responsible for the canonization of the Bible were informed and directed by the Holy Spirit and, therefore, were in agreement with Christ(the Word). Many other books can contain truth and wisdom but they do so without the express authority of the Spirit. Sort of like ….'in God we trust, all others pay cash'.....:) Deuteronomy 4:2...…"Do not add to what I command you and do not subtract from it"......these were the words of Moses, speaking as a prophet of God(i.e. informed by Jesus....see Rev. 19:8).
Old 11-03-2020, 08:17 PM
Master

Jesus' quotes convey knowledge and guidance through symbolism (as dreams do). The less paraphrased, translated and interpreted, the less distorted.

Nothing from the gospels should be taken ad litteram.

Faith in a distorted message is a waste, as in this gospel's verse about sowing. Should anybody take that risk? No, because that would mean to succumb to ignorance .. see the lion verse.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 12-03-2020, 01:39 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Jesus' quotes convey knowledge and guidance through symbolism (as dreams do). The less paraphrased, translated and interpreted, the less distorted.

Nothing from the gospels should be taken ad litteram.

Faith in a distorted message is a waste, as in this gospel's verse about sowing. Should anybody take that risk? No, because that would mean to succumb to ignorance .. see the lion verse.

to take a page from your book:

Each of us WILL find the means to justify whatever it is we already believe.