Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 23-07-2020, 10:06 PM
1337_d00d

Do you know Christ, and how is he?

A) How did you meet him

B) What did you discover

Also I would like to know what turning the other cheek means. I'm perplexed that my existence should be reduced to that of a maggot.
Old 23-07-2020, 10:25 PM
Master

"Turning the other cheek" means to never get angry, no matter how justified you believe to be. Anger generates fear and hate. Those emotions will create in your life situation that will perpetuate, and amplify the same kind of emotions.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 23-07-2020, 10:40 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337_d00d
Also I would like to know what turning the other cheek means. I'm perplexed that my existence should be reduced to that of a maggot.

things aren't as they seem...

turning the other cheek is partially about giving the other person some semblance of control over whatever situation you are in. We all desire control and there doesn't seem to be many willingly ceding it to those who never get any.

Also do it often enough and it teaches you a lesson about what is truly valuable...

like I say

things aren't as they seem.
Old 24-07-2020, 12:04 AM
Master
You will learn.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 26-07-2020, 07:47 PM
Soul Seeker

People quote Jewish sayings without looking them up.

Turning the other cheek is in fact an insult to the striker.

It is like you or I getting slapped and asking the slapper if that is all he's got.

https://aleteia.org/2017/02/22/jesus...er-should-you/

To not resist evil is evil.

Regards
DL
Old 01-08-2020, 01:50 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337_d00d
A) How did you meet him

B) What did you discover

Yes I think I have met him. I believe I have found him in others, both people and animals. I believe I can find him in myself if I try hard enough.

I discovered a path out of fear and toward love, now I just need to muster the belief, courage, and faith to walk it to its end.

Your existence should only be reduced to that of a maggot if all you identify yourself with now is a piece of meat.

As to understanding turning the other cheek, it goes hand in hand with loving ones enemies and being good to those who persecute you. A difficult path to walk in this life, but there it is, a trail blazed for you by Jesus, and traveled on by others since.

Here is one of my go to quotes regarding this idea.
The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral,
begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy.
Instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it.
Through violence you may murder the liar,
but you cannot murder the lie, nor establish the truth.
Through violence you may murder the hater,
but you do not murder hate.
In fact, violence merely increases hate.
So it goes.
Returning violence for violence multiplies violence,
adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness:
only light can do that.
Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.

Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Old 03-08-2020, 06:17 PM
PureEvil760

How did I meet him - I was his half-brother James.

What did I discover - That what he was talking about was legitimate.