Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 02-04-2022, 06:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Sky, John 16:13….the Spirit leads unto all truth…..
You've lost me but not to worry
Old 02-04-2022, 07:08 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter light
But it makes me always ask why they cannot all be true? Because when I see it that way, as combined truth, I understand the system in a peaceful way. But whenever trying to describe that perspective it always leaves me feeling like an outsider.
fwiw i feel the same way... either/or mentality by its very nature is divisive. It is kinda like wielding a sword...
Old 05-04-2022, 03:50 AM
Experiencer

I was just looking back at the original question of the thread and realized I did not touch on it directly yet. So thought I would address that.

Anyhow the original question was about what have you (me) learned from the Bible about truth. Genesis to me is about the rite of passage we all must embark on in the human experience. And if nothing else, everything in the Bible suggests those that have gone before us. And how we can learn from their trials.

The ten commandments are descriptions of the laws of nature encoded as a human experience also. Telling us how things work. But it is shrouded in judgement so it comes across as harsh, probably due to how humans saw life once they "left the garden" of their own innocence. It is easy to become blinded by the judgement and miss the message.

So that is where Jesus comes in. To be the one to take on that loss on our behalf so that we may find our way back to God and to sanity. It is nice to see when there are those who have made the crossing successfully and found the love.

What about those of us who lost God at some point? For me I've only made half the trip. Lost completely and now partway back. But there is something about betrayal, even if you don't believe in it, that leaves a mark.

What I mean is that I was more like Job where I never turned around and hated or blamed God, I just gave up hope at some point and believed there was no one there. After that it is impossible to feel the love for anything or anyone. Until something changes. So grace has been the only way out after that.

"Blessed are the poor in spirit for theirs is the kingdom of God". I've seen this for myself. That truth is what keeps me going. Once you see the kingdom it spawns a purpose to undergo whatever is necessary for it to be shared. But also it can be a bit overwhelming sometimes to feel one is worthy of the task. So it all becomes a routine to do the best you can, ask to be forgiven when feel you have fallen short, and then trust that it will work out for everyone involved.
Old 05-04-2022, 03:52 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
fwiw i feel the same way... either/or mentality by its very nature is divisive. It is kinda like wielding a sword...
Hi Falling Leaves. Yes it is exactly like wielding a sword. We all hold the keys to both Excalibur and the Grail. It is our duty to make ourselves worthy. At least with a pure heart if nothing else.
Old 05-04-2022, 03:10 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter light

The ten commandments are descriptions of the laws of nature encoded as a human experience also. But it is shrouded in judgement so it comes across as harsh, probably due to how humans saw life once they "left the garden" of their own innocence. It is easy to become blinded by the judgement and miss the message.

So that is where Jesus comes . So grace has been the only way out after that.

Winter light,

Some very salient points. Yes, Jesus comes in and simplifies and gets to the point. “I give you 2 commandments…love God…love your neighbor” unlike the 10 Commandments with their implied ‘or else’. One denotes fear…the other speaks only of love. One is a demand for works…the other has the reward of grace. ‘Let go and let God’. Sadly the more we try to understand…the more we overthink it. That which is ignored is the wisdom of stillness…true meditation. Our overthinking leads almost to a postulation of formulas and a trust or reliance on works. The truth is made elusive by us when really there is a beautiful simplicity to it…..it has to be that way to be universal….available to all.
Old 05-04-2022, 11:11 PM
Molearner

Worth mentioning in regards to the 2 great commandments: Jesus spoke of loving God with all “your heart, mind and soul”. Now this is a rare love and is not possible if any of the 3 are conflicted. It implies that a cleansing is necessary. James has 2 different warnings about being double-minded. Progress is difficult if one is plagued with doubt…..doubt seems to be central to these forums…..caveat emptor……:)
Old 06-04-2022, 12:13 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Sky,

John 16:13….the Spirit leads unto all truth…..

Then what is the explanation for 34,000 religions claiming to be christian, all with different truths on certain matters? I say confusion is why, lack of holy spirit. 1 religion( 1Cor 1:10) gets holy spirit guiding them into all truth.
Old 06-04-2022, 12:25 AM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by keiw1
Then what is the explanation for 34,000 religions claiming to be christian, all with different truths on certain matters? I say confusion is why, lack of holy spirit. 1 religion( 1Cor 1:10) gets holy spirit guiding them into all truth.

There are levels of truth….all are true…but some never rise above literal truth…believing and understanding are 2 different things….
Old 13-04-2022, 05:06 PM
Ayana

The Bible teaches that truth is important, and that it is something to be sought after. The Bible also uses symbols to represent truth, such as light and darkness. The results of knowing the truth can be seen in verses such as John 8:32, where Jesus says, "And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." Truth can also be an impediment to sin, as seen in verses such as John 14:6, where Jesus says, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Old 14-04-2022, 04:28 AM
Master

I wonder how much truth a human can discover. We can only see and hear such a small part of what exists.