Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 21-01-2021, 10:55 AM
Elfin

.....And who can forget the great "excitement " of watching the snooker..?.... In black and white LOL....
Old 21-01-2021, 10:56 AM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
Hahaha. He always walked to his own drummer.
....I bet he did .... Can just see him now, stood guard, protecting his fledglings from the "rays" ..... And the rest !!!
Old 21-01-2021, 11:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfin
....I bet he did .... Can just see him now, stood guard, protecting his fledglings from the "rays" ..... And the rest !!!
I don't know about that, we weren't bubble wrapped kid's. I'll never forget his family of wasps. For a whole summer he had a wasp nest on the corner of the garage door overhang. People would always try to get him to remove it. But he wouldn't, he would just say, there not bothering anything. But he and others were always near the garage doing outside stuff in the driveway. He had one by his back door to....he said the same thing. Funny thing is, I don't think anyone ever got stung. Just had to be careful around them. Life lesson???, you know their, there. Don't mess with them??
Old 21-01-2021, 11:32 AM
Elfin

Quote:
I don't know about that, we weren't bubble wrapped kid's. I'll never forget his family of wasps. For a whole summer he had a wasp nest on the corner of the garage door overhang. People would always try to get him to remove it. But he wouldn't, he would just say, there not bothering anything. But he and others were always near the garage doing outside stuff in the driveway. He had one by his back door to....he said the same thing. Funny thing is, I don't think anyone ever got stung. Just had to be careful around them. Life lesson???, you know their, there. Don't mess with them??
Yes.... I'm guessing he didn't want to have to pay to get it removed LOL.... We had one in 90's... They got in the house... Had to evacuate the kids to grandparents for a few days till ex husband had "seen" to them with a cricket bat, and himself dressed from head to toe in anything he could find to protect himself , and only his eyes showing....... And I'm like "just ring pest control " !
Old 21-01-2021, 12:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Yes.... I'm guessing he didn't want to have to pay to get it removed LOL.... We had one in 90's... They got in the house... Had to evacuate the kids to grandparents for a few days till ex husband had "seen" to them with a cricket bat, and himself dressed from head to toe in anything he could find to protect himself , and only his eyes showing....... And I'm like "just ring pest control " !
it would have been easy enough to take down on his own. He's just a nut like that. One time he brought home a large jar of scorpions. One of my brothers knocked it over and broke it in the garage. That made for an interesting couple of months. Where I live, scorpions don't exist, but they did that summer.
Old 21-01-2021, 12:10 PM
Elfin

Quote:
it would have been easy enough to take down on his own. He's just a nut like that. One time he brought home a large jar of scorpions. One of my brothers knocked it over and broke it in the garage. That made for an interesting couple of months. Where I live, scorpions don't exist, but they did that summer.
....LOL... That's hilarious... Why did he buy scorpions ???
Old 21-01-2021, 12:13 PM
Master
Quote:
....LOL... That's hilarious... Why did he buy scorpions ???
. He was in the military and was stationed in a different state for a while. He caught them and brought them home. He was kind of a nut like that.
Old 21-01-2021, 12:15 PM
Elfin

Quote:
. He was in the military and was stationed in a different state for a while. He caught them and brought them home. He was kind of a nut like that.
...Ok.... Like you do..... "Here kids.... Something to "play with" ...LOL.....it's so funny.
Old 21-01-2021, 12:47 PM
Master
Quote:
...Ok.... Like you do..... "Here kids.... Something to "play with" ...LOL.....it's so funny.
definitely builds character.
Old 21-01-2021, 01:06 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Both good and bad. What were the 60s like? Have any interesting stories?
The 60s were awesome!!

Puff the magic dragon, Mr. Rogers, Big Bird, and of course COOKIE. There is nothing like the feel of a blankey and a long mid day's nap in a clean diapey with a freshly powdered butt. A little bit of filtered sun light coming through the curtains and warming up your back. Ya sleep like a baby.

Them were the days alright. Long days that would stretch on with no place in particular to be and nothing to do, and I could do it all day if I wanted to. I could go just about anywhere I could imagine, places I could get to quite easily then, but can't seem to find my way back to now.

Bad stories..? I suppose there were some. Like the time I tripped and fell and spilled my Dixie cup full of cereal all over the side walk. It was very traumatic. I cried until it was filled back up again, and still grieved for a minute or two afterward.

P.S. I thought of another sad story from that time. Though I was a very small child, it stuck with me all these years. It was very sad, and burned itself into my mind. It does have a happy ending, but the beginning was so sad and desperate that I never did forget the first time I heard it. From the comments, it seems I was not the only one soo moved.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrxlnBJ4R0o

Sorry to be such a downer. This will make you feel better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9G1FhQUnSo

Last edited by ketzer : 22-01-2021 at 12:50 AM.