Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 17-01-2024, 07:05 AM
Ascender
I've heard about merging with Brahman, even Vishnu ji. But first time i'm hearing about merging with Brahma ji.
Old 17-01-2024, 09:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by kralaro
I've heard about merging with Brahman, even Vishnu ji. But first time i'm hearing about merging with Brahma ji.

Yes, that’s what my friend told me. I think you knew him too ~ Anil Bhardwaj.

My view, based on direct experience is not the same as Anil. However, we each are shown what we need to know, so there’s no right or wrong, since at our level of development, we are looking at intermediate truths.

My understanding is that there’s no enlightenment* (* I dislike use of this word) simply because there is no one here. All that is, is God-consciousness enlivening dust by His breath. Each module of dust assumes a temporary life of its own, we call ego. Recognising truth is simply the falling away of ego or identity.

Reworded, we may say we are an actor on stage and have hypnotised ourself into believing we are that character. Awakening is simply someone coming along and reminding us we are not that temporarily assumed identity. Once we see this, we are cognisant of who we really are, in a manner that leaves no room for doubt.

The problem is about explaining this such that it would be accepted by the entity who is in a state of self-imposed hypnosis. Thus, silence seems to be the best teacher. In silence, there is no thought. Without thought, there is no identity. Once silence is deepened and stretched, the ego falls off one day. This is a non-doing rather than a doing, that’s why it seems difficult.
Old 17-01-2024, 09:33 AM
Ascender
Yes Unseeking ji, i knew you were talking about him, as i was told that you were present at his funeral. You and your friends are awesome.

Yes i was taught that whatever statement my mind can come up with is false. After that i heard from an aghori that we're only dealing with models of reality.

Your lines about practicing silence are meditation motivation to me, thanks.
Old 17-01-2024, 01:33 PM
Aghori is derived from the Sanskrit word aghor which means 'non- fearful' or 'fearless'.

Post 12 - Unseeking - that was so well said...I copied it to my personal -'Wise Words' section. :)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 17-01-2024, 02:43 PM
Ascender
Miss Hepburn, you missed "Brahman"
Old 17-01-2024, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kralaro
Miss Hepburn, you missed "Brahman"
You mean the definition for our members that are reading here for the first time?
You do it. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 18-01-2024, 04:49 AM
Ascender
Okay, i respect you so much that following you is a delight.

Brahman is the highest reality in Advaita (i.e. non-secondness / non-dual) school of Hinduism. That school says that whatever we're experiencing is Maya (i.e. measurement/illusion/matrix) and when it's negated all that's left is Brahman. It says that separate self is also an illusion and we're ultimately one with Brahman. It says that actually there's only one consciousness.

Word "Brahman" comes from Vedas (the earliest known Hindu texts) and then from Upanishads (a collection of texts written auxiliary to Vedas). In the timeline, after Upanishads we got Puranas which contain stories of various deities. So the Puranas are more bhakti (i.e. devotion) oriented. Then Lord Shiva gave the world Tantras which contain mantras, rituals for various spiritual aims. I wrote "aghori", they are followers of Aghora which is the extreme form of Tantra. Many westerners have their own connotation for Tantra and so do many indians, but it's just ritualistic worship in various forms; some forms having strict eligibility criteria for practicing them, e.g. having purity.

This is just a brief overview as per my knowledge. I personally am a proponent of developing relationship with one's deity/God.
Old 20-01-2024, 12:04 AM
Master
Well, although I find Hinduism fascinating I do think it is a bit clinical. I mean, using silence to reach God. Personally my heart likes to sing, and laugh, and love.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 20-01-2024, 03:28 AM
Ascender
Yeah when i'm singing God's names or celebrating festivals dedicated to God then let me think about more important things.
Old 20-01-2024, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Well, although I find Hinduism fascinating I do think it is a bit clinical.
I mean, using silence to reach God.
It's not exactly 'reaching God'...another way to think of it is, (and others have said this, and it's true), God loves silence.
A quiet, still heart and mind is like an invitation to Him.

This is why the Holy Spirit is depicted as a Dove. (Why not the 1000 other creatures?)
Example: Imagine being in a taller NYC apartment ...you are near the window. On the ledge are pigeons ...
you could be screaming in the room and they would just stay right there.

If a dove is on the ledge ---get near the window... it flies off.
It loves stillness and peacefulness...then it will come and stay.

Be still and know that I am God. Psalm 46:10
It could not be simpler!