Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature > Animals

Old 15-10-2013, 10:21 AM
Master
Fox Hunting

So, David Cameron wants to dilute the fox hunting ban to allow the ritual sadistic slaughter to recommence. Maybe we should all disabuse him of that notion by ANY means at our disposal. [And I do mean ANY ]

Shame about the badgers "moving the goalposts" - what an idiot !
Old 15-10-2013, 10:26 AM
Master

I suggest a middle ground. The noblesse can be legally allowed to resume their 'hunting' when the mucky commoners are legally allowed to burn down their castles. Hey, if you want the Dark Ages back...

(Obligatory notice of the use of heavy irony is hereby included)
Old 15-10-2013, 12:46 PM
Master

Nice to see the 'caring' side of Conservatism showing itself again....

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 15-10-2013, 01:54 PM
Time

We have bear hunts here. WHile i dont really agree with it, it does serve a purpose. It keeps the deer population up for hunting and also reduces bears coming into town. When there was no bear hunt the cops spend half the summer tranquilizing bears and removing them from the city. Lots of people also hit them and their cubs while driving.

Im wondering if the fox hunt is just that. The bear hunt here is stopped when there are too many deer or moose, and they let the bears go for a year or two to help theose populations get back into balance. If there are too many foxes i can see why the gov would want to lift the ban, but I am not saying i agree with it
Old 15-10-2013, 04:32 PM
Ecthalion

Fox hunting is the very worst form of this barbaric ritual. They are not shot (which is bad enough) they are torn apart whilst still alive by dogs. How anybody can support this I really do not know. If the fox population really must be controlled (which I don't believe it does) then there must be a more humane way to do it.

As Oscar Wilde said, "Fox hunting is the pursuit of the uneatable by the unspeakable," or something like that.
Old 15-10-2013, 05:13 PM
Master
It demonstrates the worst nature of certain types in society. Cameron also hunts deer - he boasts that he once killed two deer with a single shot !
Old 15-10-2013, 05:53 PM
Guide
Fox hunting is barbaric. I thought we, as a human race, had left this type of barbarism in our past. Why would anyone want to hunt these foxes in this manner? It is a cruel and unusual kind of death. I believe that anyone who finds this is a sport needs to re-examine what it means to participate in a sport.

Sport is:

an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.

How does fox hunting fit into this category? In my mind it does not.

I feel we are set here to protect and cherish the planet and the other species on it. I know that there are times when we hunt to feed our families and when we kill an animal to protect ourselves or our families. Fox hunting does not fall into those categories. A fox might be a menace to our chickens but then it is up to us to keep the chickens safe and in their hen houses at night, making fences that the foxes can't jump over and staying on top of the holes that might be dug around the fence. We are responsible to do what is right and not just kill everything that makes our job a littler harder.

Peace and Light be with you,
SC
Old 15-10-2013, 07:48 PM
Time

It isnt fair for us to put one live over another. Its all or none. IF you hunt all is fair game, or dont hunt at all. Not saying you shouldnt have a preference as to what to hunt, but raising animals to different levels just separates us from nature.

Im not saying that hunting fox is right or that hunting is wrong, I am just saying saying "poor foxes" while eating a steak or chicken doesnt make sense. Protect all the animals and ecosystems, not cherry pick.
Old 16-10-2013, 12:28 AM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
It demonstrates the worst nature of certain types in society. Cameron also hunts deer - he boasts that he once killed two deer with a single shot !

Silly man! Anyone who boasts about such things has a heck of a lot of growing up to do.
I do not support fox-hunting, and am surrounded on all sides by Humans (Humans?? -are they really?) -who do. I once took a shotgun to them. It wasn't loaded but made a heck of a crack nevertheless when I pulled the trigger and fired over their heads.
Very kindly (and I've no idea why) the universe decided I should not be locked up for this.
Old 16-10-2013, 12:16 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
So, David Cameron wants to dilute the fox hunting ban to allow the ritual sadistic slaughter to recommence.
Yes, you are quite right. Ritual and sadistic are the right adjectives.

"Ritual" is the right word - because there is actually a ritual involved. New hunters actually have a fox's blood smeared over them. I shouldn't make value judgments, but I will in this case: sick and disgusting! The dressing up in red garments, the horns blowing all the time, etc...all is ritual. Let's not be fooled by their propaganda about "protecting the countryside". It's more of a sick countryside hobby. (I live in the countryside, BTW, so I'm not some out-of-touch townie!)

"Sadistic" is also correct. The poor creatures are torn apart by dogs, fully conscious. The pain they must suffer before passing is unimaginable. The hunters watch while they are torn apart. Then then drink to celebrate.

Good post, norseman. Keep on reminding us that the real problems on this earth come from humans.