Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 05-04-2021, 03:36 AM
Knower
I need help regarding incense

I believe that not only related to Buddhism, but I figure I ask here,
what are the temples incense called ? ( you know I heard stories on incense that can burn for an entire day) what is the long duration incense called? and the place they stand on?, I love incense and that part of my spiritual practice every day however, It always runs out fast. Thank you kindly in advance.
for those who preserve life, their own life will be preserved as well, and no life is better than the other all life is equally important, and all lives are one, entwined and connected we all are, by the power of love.
Old 05-04-2021, 03:26 PM
AbodhiSky

Satya Incense is very popular in the temples I have gone to. I would guess those little incense blocks/cones would last longer than the sticks but i'm not sure.
Old 05-04-2021, 04:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by angel-of-light
I believe that not only related to Buddhism, but I figure I ask here,
what are the temples incense called ? ( you know I heard stories on incense that can burn for an entire day) what is the long duration incense called? and the place they stand on?, I love incense and that part of my spiritual practice every day however, It always runs out fast. Thank you kindly in advance.

Angel be very careful with using incense sticks on a regular basis, some are extremely toxic. Do a little research on Organic Sticks, they are more expensive but safer. I personally would never have any in my home nor candles but that's your choice, you might enjoy a Electric Diffuser, you can add a few drops of essential oils and your home will smell lovely all day and will be smoke free
Old 05-04-2021, 05:40 PM
Knower
I use Satya incense as well AbodhiSky. I see. Well, you have a good point, sky123. I saw on google a few mentions they are toxic.

I guess I should start using them only for rituals and the like. Normally I use a candle to enjoy the fire elementals when I can't get out in the sun, funny you mention I had a slight headache from time to time,

I thought that was caused by over higher vibration as I felt floating too, and I could easily tap into channeling, I guess it's better to channel the elementals not from physical consumables but rather from the environment. You may be right and have solid point. Thank you, thank you both so much.
for those who preserve life, their own life will be preserved as well, and no life is better than the other all life is equally important, and all lives are one, entwined and connected we all are, by the power of love.
Old 06-04-2021, 05:57 AM
Master
Quote:
I use Satya incense as well AbodhiSky. I see. Well, you have a good point, sky123. I saw on google a few mentions they are toxic.

I guess I should start using them only for rituals and the like. Normally I use a candle to enjoy the fire elementals when I can't get out in the sun, funny you mention I had a slight headache from time to time,

I thought that was caused by over higher vibration as I felt floating too, and I could easily tap into channeling, I guess it's better to channel the elementals not from physical consumables but rather from the environment. You may be right and have solid point. Thank you, thank you both so much.

Keeping our Lungs healthy is more important than ever during this Pandemic
Old 06-04-2021, 06:20 AM
Knower
Ye even with vaccination, you still must keep good health at lungs your right.
Old 06-04-2021, 07:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbodhiSky
Satya Incense is very popular in the temples I have gone to. I would guess those little incense blocks/cones would last longer than the sticks but i'm not sure.

The Original Poster posted "what are the temples incense called ?" and posted in the Buddhist section.

I never have seen Satya Incense burned in a Buddhist Temple. That incense is burned, at times, in Hindu Temples.

In predominate Buddhist countries, the incense burned in the Temples seem to be hand made. There is one incense that was made, possibly still is made, in Myanmar, which is very unique. The incense is burned horizontally and as the incensed is burned, the ash leaves an image of something such as Kwan Yin. I have a couple cases of that incense and find it not just unknown but the secret of how it was made to be a well guarded secret.

In the predominate Buddhist countries, incense is burned straight up, not at an angle. Burning the incense straight up gives the incense a longer burn time.

What I found interesting in predominate Buddhist countries, I have never seen incense burned in an incense holder.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 06-04-2021, 07:50 AM
Master
Quote:

As a side note: I met a woman who had extreme allergies and could not tolerate incense. But at the same time, would buy Sandalwood incense and burn it. She claimed if she burned Sandalwood Incense, it would help her to get over asthma attack.

Something I personally have noted that during the 'Pandemic', some people seemed to be drawn toward Eucalyptus and Camphor Incense.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 06-04-2021, 08:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Ye even with vaccination, you still must keep good health at lungs your right.

At the Temple I occasionally attend no incense is used because of the Toxic Smoke, they use dried flowers sprinkled with Essential Oils and fresh flowers, the smells are beautiful..
There are many ways to enjoy Aromas
Old 06-04-2021, 11:59 AM
Knower
Thank you, dear BigJohn and sky, that makes sense the license will be guarded secret, very interesting I didn't know to burn it straight up give it more duration, and interesting phenomenon with the ashes in the image of Kwan Yin, could it be the license has some kind of unexplained energy that cause it burns and leave ashes like that?,

maybe they have done some ritual to that incense and infuse it with the energy of Kwan Yin, probably an unknown to us secret sacred ritual,

and yes, I am going to use etheric oil. I have ordered an absolute rose 5% dilute, just waiting for the shipment to arrive.