Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 22-10-2020, 07:36 PM
Pathfinder

I had a similar experience

I was watching TV with a foreign spy film in French. I had the closed captioning turned on to translate for me. I really got into the movie and all of a sudden, I realized I wasn't looking at the closed captioning and I understood what they were saying. It really freaked me out, John. How do you explain that you were able to read the book?
Old 23-10-2020, 12:58 AM
Master
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticRose
I was watching TV with a foreign spy film in French. I had the closed captioning turned on to translate for me. I really got into the movie and all of a sudden, I realized I wasn't looking at the closed captioning and I understood what they were saying. It really freaked me out, John. How do you explain that you were able to read the book?

Sometimes we get in a really altered state.......
For example, there is evidence that some Native Americans were doing 'things' deep inside the Earth in Caves. How could they maintain light to do what they were doing? Some speculate that...... all of a sudden they could see even though it was 'pitch black'. I have experienced that 'phenomena' numerous times.

Being able to understand or read a foreign language without translating is something most people shy away from....... but that ability appears to have always been available to us if we choice to use it.

I am glad you shared your experience. I suspect you have more to share ..... if you think about it.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 26-10-2020, 01:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
For those who have seen the Buddhist, Pagan Temples....... they truly are worth the visit.

In the future, I want to discuss some of those Temples and how unique they truly are.

Seeing the Temples from a hot air balloon captures visually the amazing sites which holds the depth of over 2000 Temples.

Something to cherish, is a Pagan Buddha statue which many people have never seen. I have to go thru my collection of statues again to see if I have any of those statues.

What exactly is a ''pagan Buddha'' statue? Are you thinking of some mix, some syncretism between Buddhism and an even older (folk) religion?

I'd like to see some of those temples. Both Japan and Sri Lanka are on my ''to-go'' list. Japanese culture interests me in particular for many reasons.
Old 13-11-2020, 06:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
For those who have seen the Buddhist, Pagan Temples....... they truly are worth the visit.

In the future, I want to discuss some of those Temples and how unique they truly are.

Seeing the Temples from a hot air balloon captures visually the amazing sites which holds the depth of over 2000 Temples.

Something to cherish, is a Pagan Buddha statue which many people have never seen. I have to go thru my collection of statues again to see if I have any of those statues.

The Pagan Buddhist Temples are a marvel to see, especially if you see them from a hot air balloon. The Pagan Temple complex is located in Myanmar. If you look at a map of Myanmar, look for Mandalay and you will find about 90 miles/144 Kilometers, in a Southwest direction, the Pagan Buddhist Temples.

To get there, you probably would fly out of Bangkok, Thailand to Mandalay. The round trip flight is less then $200.00 and lasts less then 2 hours.

You might be surprised that George Orwell received his Police training at Mandalay! In Myanmar, George Orwell is looked upon with much favor.

As for the Pagan Buddhist Temples, they are listed as the largest concentration of Buddhist Temples in the World. Still standing is about 2200 Temples. At it peak in history, there were at least twice as many Temples (4400).

(Will continue).

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 22-11-2020, 02:46 PM
Master
Recently, the Myanmar Government put a stop of tourist being able to climb any of the Temples. This was something people have always wanted to do.

So we can 'scratch' that off our list of things to do.