Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Music

Old 05-02-2024, 08:41 PM
Burntfruit

Is gangsta rap spiritual?

It could be considered so?
Old 06-02-2024, 07:14 AM
Master

I think ALL music can be spiritual.
Gangsta Rap in particular could be classed as even more spiritual than most genres .
Old 06-02-2024, 09:21 AM
Master
I don't think so. Rap doesn't strike me as quality or beauty, and the lyrics aren't uplifting but depressing and mentioning violence, guns, *****es and all of that. Of course one can say everything is spiritual, but then perhaps it's more akin to ''level 1'' or something like that instead of ''level 7''. Talk of *****es and ****ing is not like listening to the masters of classical music.
Old 06-02-2024, 09:48 AM
Master

Edit post as may have appeared disrespectful which was not my intention.

Last edited by AngelBlue : 06-02-2024 at 02:51 PM.
Old 06-02-2024, 03:33 PM
Knower

I suppose anything at all could be classed as spiritual, especially as everything is created by a creative spirit (whether that's you or someone from the other side inspiring you). That creative spirit is experiencing something to be expressed artistically. So yes, I suppose gangster rap is spiritual, technically speaking.

However, I think part of being spiritual is to recognise divine beauty - moments of ecstatic truth and ascension. To know that God or the angels are singing to you. In my opinion that truly only comes from things of light and high vibration. I don't really know anybody who has had a spiritual awakening and suddenly moves TOWARDS gangster rap. I find they tend to migrate FROM it after awakening.

Gangster rap always strikes me as very low vibration and aesthetically ugly. Most of it seems to be sung in negative tones, such as anger, frustration, and fear. It may reflect something about the life of the rappers or gangsters, but to me it mostly seems to come from ego, and I sense the low vibration of it. It seems to reflect the culture in which it's produced, which, at this time, is severely negative.

I'd argue what's more spiritual is ascending away from a gangster lifestyle, and anything associated with it.
Old 06-02-2024, 06:24 PM
Burntfruit

It was a tongue in cheek thread but there are points for consideration:

1. Good rap is based on speaking truths naturally at a fast pace, in poetic style
2. Rap music represents the darker side of life, and is a good way for the listener to process this side of life.
3. Spiritually, different tribes have power, historically, the classical Christian hymn & compositions have related mostly to spiritual.
4. One could consider that rap music is empowering to the urban dweller, whose home area is often a melting pot of cultures & crime.
Old 06-02-2024, 07:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntfruit
4. One could consider that rap music is empowering to the urban dweller, whose home area is often a melting pot of cultures & crime.

Which ties into what I said, it's different levels. So all of it could be ''spiritual'', but it is not on the same page. Also noticeable is the whole culture around practices. Gangster rap is surrounded by swear words, scantily clad women, sports cars, threats etc. It is not a high culture.

Whatever 'aura' or 'vibe' you wanna be in, I suppose. Or you can go back and forth between different ones, it's not like you have to feel the same every day. Eating potato chips is level 1, quality restaurant can be level 7. Can all be ''spiritual'' but that doesn't mean much by itself does it.
Old 06-02-2024, 08:18 PM
Burntfruit

Home cooking I consider the highest level. You are right if your role is the chef 👩‍🍳
Old 06-02-2024, 08:24 PM
Administrator
To me all music can be spiritual as for RAP that is not music it is just noise

My friend lost her sister a few weeks ago.and she wanted a song to play

that meant something to her.

so I told her about Ed sheeran's song visiting hours.

if you have not heard it you need to.

Namaste
Old 06-02-2024, 08:27 PM
Burntfruit

I feel it is an art form reflecting some of the unsavoury sides of modern life. I feel a satisfying end game for an old rapper would be to become a crooner