Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Books

Old 24-10-2020, 10:01 PM
ant

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Well meant suggestion: use paragraphs for legibility.

A tad pedantic.

Last edited by ant : 25-10-2020 at 04:47 AM.
Old 25-10-2020, 10:19 PM
ant

Just arrived today;

A Course in Miracles Made Easy: Mastering the Journey from Fear to Love~Alan Cohen
Old 26-10-2020, 09:48 PM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by ant
Just arrived today;

A Course in Miracles Made Easy: Mastering the Journey from Fear to Love~Alan Cohen
Nice.. I just got started again with ACIM, too. 2nd round :)

Currently reading The Energy Codes by Dr. Sue Morter
Old 03-11-2020, 03:47 PM
Ascender
latest goodwill haul is
1 ~ the joy of loving ~ by mother Teresa
2 ~ Jesus freaks
3 ~ Jesus freaks Vol 2
4 ~ 366 devotions Walking with Jesus

So ~ I hate reading ~ I guess the mother teresa book and the walking with jesus book won't be so bad because they are just one short page for every day ~ that's not enough reading to annoy me

I am really interested in Psychic stuff and I have picked up a few books on Psychic skills ~ mediumship ~ shamanism ~ etc. ~~~ but I am always disappointed by the books ~

I always feel like it's a total waste of life to read because I never get anything out of it
most books just seem to me to be someone else's opinion on something ~ when I have my own ways of looking at things ~ books distract me from reality ~ it feels like a total waste of life and an insult that I am looking for something outside of myself
Old 03-11-2020, 09:42 PM
ant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hologram8
I always feel like it's a total waste of life to read because I never get anything out of it.

Reading instils a sense of peace and well being within me.

I don't see it as a waste of life,

I also view reading as a timeout from the mind.

A form of meditation,

It instils peace,it also sharpens 'attention','focus' and 'mindfulness'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hologram8
most books just seem to me to be someone else's opinion on something ~ when I have my own ways of looking at things ~ books distract me from reality ~ it feels like a total waste of life and an insult that I am looking for something outside of myself

I get where your coming from,

But what is reality to you?

I've read many books my self,but only a few i can resonate with and or are insightful to my own truths,my own journey and outlook,

Hence,a few end up being,my go back to books as reference and or inspiration.

And many books remain in the back burner of my library,unread,only to have some meaning or reference,later down the track.

I understand the answers we seek,are within,

BUT,

Insights from others,that align with your own truths,are the keys to opening more doors within.

We don't have all the answers and we just have to be open to all possibilities.: )

Take everything with a grain of salt and discern what rings true for you.

Any book i've read or short listed in resonance,is not a gospel word for word.

In part or parts,it rings true to me.

Become a plagiarist in a sense and find your own story/true authentic self.: )

Ps.Nothing is a 'total waste of life' and the way i see it,you are focusing on 'time' being a total waste of life.

As long as we remain in the present moment,there is no time,nor the misperception that time or life is wasted.

Everything we do,is as it should be.: )
Old 11-11-2020, 06:26 AM
Ascender
Well I cracked and bought more books..The Power of Now is on the table...as well as listening to the ebook..and yes I went to the local bookstore and paid full price!
Old 11-11-2020, 06:30 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemma
Well I cracked and bought more books.. The Power of Now is on the table...as well as listening to the ebook..and yes I went to the local bookstore and paid full price!
So what do you want to say there? You made me curious.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 11-11-2020, 09:50 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant

A form of meditation,

I've read many books my self,but only a few i can resonate with and or are insightful to my own truths,my own journey and outlook,

And many books remain in the back burner of my library,unread,only to have some meaning or reference,later down the track.

BUT,

Insights from others,that align with your own truths,are the keys to opening more doors within.

We don't have all the answers and we just have to be open to all possibilities.: )

Ps.Nothing is a 'total waste of life' and the way i see it,you are focusing on 'time' being a total waste of life.

As long as we remain in the present moment,there is no time,nor the misperception that time or life is wasted.

It seems to me that a similar opinion (about a waste of time) from a lack of education. We get all knowledge from the outside, by reading books, no one forces us to take anyone's opinion at face value. Once I heard one phrase "the clever learns all the time, but the fool already knows everything." It may be rude, but it is. The higher the intellect and the level of education a person has, the more he strives to improve his knowledge. And the easiest way to learn something new is to read. The most affordable, but painstaking. Reading a novel or watching a film adaptation is different time.
Old 11-11-2020, 06:33 PM
ant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger007
It seems to me that a similar opinion (about a waste of time) from a lack of education. We get all knowledge from the outside, by reading books, no one forces us to take anyone's opinion at face value. Once I heard one phrase "the clever learns all the time, but the fool already knows everything." It may be rude, but it is. The higher the intellect and the level of education a person has, the more he strives to improve his knowledge. And the easiest way to learn something new is to read. The most affordable, but painstaking. Reading a novel or watching a film adaptation is different time.

All knowledge from the outside?
All roads lead to home,within.

What is knowledge?
Knowledge to one,can mean something different to others.

It can also create separation and magical thinking.
Depending on what one thinks knowledge is.

I find with self help books and the alike,

That all we are doing,is trying to find ourselves again.

A recent book 'A course in miracles,made easy' by Alan Cohen,

Helped me remember and reclaim who i once was.

Throw in a recent health scare for my beloved pooch,
Who had to have surgery to have a bone removed.

This was good timing,as it brought on grief,grief that was stuck and where my heart sank,when my father died when i was 12.

So i've done some grieving,gone through the motions and processed the feelings from the day it happened.

Books i've read on shadow work etc in the past,has helped me to rekindle and to heal,to process and to clear.

Though didn't gerry much at the time.

It's all divine timing and process,

Truth comes along,when we are ready to heal.

Strengthening our resolve with tests and bettering the discernment.

Knowledge is useless,if it doesn't heal and align us back to the truth.
Old 11-11-2020, 06:33 PM
Ascender
Quote:

Quote:

A form of meditation,

Quote:

BUT,

I get absolutely nothing from reading
I will return all books to goodwill
it feels like the most unproductive thing I could do is to read
same with tarot ~ the cards are magic ~ but they only tell me what I already know
books are always a disappointment to me ~ I won't be reading anymore of them ~ it would have to be a pretty special book for me to want to read it ~ but even then it would disappoint me ~ books are obviously not my thing
books don't speak to me at all ~ I will never read them
the only reason I got them is because they were cheap at goodwill ~ but it's still a waste of money
I won't be reading anymore