Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Judaism

Old 14-11-2020, 03:44 AM
Seeker

How Do Jews Feel When They Read These Verses From The NT

"Jesus said to him,*“I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the*Father*except*through*me" (John 14:6).

"For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to the obtaining of*salvation*through our Lord Jesus*Christ" (1 Thessalonians 5:9).

The Messiah says salvation comes through him alone. He was rejected and crucified 2000 years ago. In our 21st, do Jews still reject him as the Messiah?
Old 15-11-2020, 03:52 AM
Master
John 14:6....... Jesus is the mediator between man and God. He is the first born of creation and the rest of creation was accomplished by him. These were new revelations that were revealed by Jesus. For a Jew, no mediator is needed.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 19-11-2020, 08:50 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovelytony22
"Jesus said to him,*“I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the*Father*except*through*me" (John 14:6).

"For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to the obtaining of*salvation*through our Lord Jesus*Christ" (1 Thessalonians 5:9).

The Messiah says salvation comes through him alone. He was rejected and crucified 2000 years ago. In our 21st, do Jews still reject him as the Messiah?

As a Christian you hold to certain beliefs, you subscribe to certain theological viewpoints and suppositions. Those beliefs, viewpoints, suppositions are alien to Judaism. As such, your question is meaningless to a Jew.

It is much like if a Muslim, coming from an Islamic viewpoint, were to ask if Christians still reject Muhammad as the last and greatest prophet of G-d.

I suspect, correct me if I am wrong, that you know few, if any, Jews and that you have little, if any, knowledge of Judaism.

I’m all for dialogue, but I have neither the need nor the desire to debate religion. If you operate on the assumption that Jews are spiritually blind and/or spiritually ignorant or if you view Jews as some sort of spiritual reclamation project, we won’t be speaking much.
Old 20-11-2020, 03:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovelytony22

I do not know any Jews who read the New Testament so I would say those scriptures would, for the most part, be meaningless.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 20-11-2020, 08:12 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
I do not know any Jews who read the New Testament so I would say those scriptures would, for the most part, be meaningless.
I guess I know more Jews than you do. I know many who have read Christian scripture. It doesn’t make them any more meaningful.
Old 20-11-2020, 08:17 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbiO
As a Christian you hold to certain beliefs, you subscribe to certain theological viewpoints and suppositions. Those beliefs, viewpoints, suppositions are alien to Judaism. As such, your question is meaningless to a Jew.

It is much like if a Muslim, coming from an Islamic viewpoint, were to ask if Christians still reject Muhammad as the last and greatest prophet of G-d.

I suspect, correct me if I am wrong, that you know few, if any, Jews and that you have little, if any, knowledge of Judaism.

I’m all for dialogue, but I have neither the need nor the desire to debate religion. If you operate on the assumption that Jews are spiritually blind and/or spiritually ignorant or if you view Jews as some sort of spiritual reclamation project, we won’t be speaking much.
Good points, nicely stated, although probably a waste of time in the case of this OP. But, one does what one believes is right.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 26-06-2021, 07:33 PM
Newbie ;)

I can't speak for any Jewish person, but I think that:
1. most of them don't bother reading the NT
2. those that do, do so for a reason:
a. as a work of fiction, much like most people would read a novel by Stephen king
b. to study for some reason or another, like religious studies
3. It's highly possible that the majority of Jews don't even know that quote, so they can't have an opinion on it.

Personally, i think they're rolling their eyes at that quote. Much like I'm rolling my eyes at the possibility of a person writing the Quran in a single night. At the same time, I wasn't there to see if he did or how long it took him to write the Quran, so I can't fully dismiss this possibility.

It would be better if you read more on Judaism overall before asking what they think of the NT or various passages/books in it.
Old 26-06-2021, 08:26 PM
Knower

I assume sometimes some may feel like Samuel Jackson in the movie Pulp Fiction, "like a bad mofo" some might even have a wallet/kippah that says so...

PLUR to all Jewish people reads this :)
Plur= Peace Love Unity Respect
Old 03-07-2021, 03:24 PM
Experiencer

He was rejected and crucified 2000 years ago. In our 21st, do Jews still reject him as the Messiah?

Why would you think more time passing would make a difference?
Old 10-09-2021, 02:33 AM
The Anointed

Elijah, who was carried up to stand by Enoch’s side
Stood by the brook at Kishon where the priests of Baal all died
It was He, who gave the order and the waters all ran red
As fifty and eight hundred more, false prophets all fell dead.
Will you fight the war ‘gainst ignorance, the war that will be won
By those who wield the S-word of God, the sharp two edge-ed tongue….The Anointed

Mark 9: 11-13; And they asked Jesus, “Why do the teachers of the Law say that Elijah has to come first?”

His answer was, “Elijah is indeed coming first in order to get everything ready. (Future tense) Yet why do the Scriptures say that the Son of Man will suffer much and be rejected? I tell you, however, that Elijah has already come and that people treated him just as they pleased, as the Scriptures say about him.”

Malachi 3: 1-2; The LORD Almighty answers, “I will send my messenger to prepare the way for me. Then the Lord you are looking for will suddenly come to his Temple. The messenger you long to see will come and proclaim my covenant.”

But who will be able to endure the day when he comes? Who will be able to survive when he appears?

Who is being referred to here?