Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 01-02-2024, 09:46 AM
chongjasmine

I love the Rider Waite Tarot

I love the classic rider waite tarot deck. I find the design of the cards to be rather cool.
Old 02-02-2024, 09:27 PM
Ascender

I own the Rider Waite deck as well and the Morgan Greer deck and it's based on the classic rider waite deck. The illustrations are true to the RW deck but fuller and more vivid somehow.

You can take a peek at the deck on Tarot.com. Just search for Morgan-Greer.
Old 03-02-2024, 02:42 PM
Master
The Rider-Waite Deck is the most used Tarot deck in the world, and as such it is given a lot of psychic energy by people concentrating on it. It is one of the easiest decks to learn, and was the first deck which I owned when I first began studying the Tarot many decades ago.

I used to read tarot cards for myself and then throw out Rune stones, asking the same question, and was amazed how the Rune stones would give me the same answer, in a different way, as the Tarot. But I took it much further than reading the cards; I learned how the cards relate to our consciousness; which to me was fascinating. The Rider-Waite deck was excellent for this further learning.
Old 03-02-2024, 03:54 PM
I just ordered my first deck. :)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 03-02-2024, 04:12 PM
Master
https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/s...d.php?t=138477

Miss Hepburn, maybe a thread might be started here for beginning tarot practice. There are a lot of people here on this forum who have a lot of experience with tarot and others who are just beginning. I might be interested in facilitating a course on tarot if others were interested.. I attempted to do this in the past here but there was little interest.
Old 03-02-2024, 05:06 PM
Guide

This is the one I use. I love the imagery - there's so much to draw on.
Old 03-02-2024, 06:28 PM
Thumbs up

Starman! Great idea!...''Tarot lessons for beginners!!''
Perhaps ''Qabbalistic'' was the issue?
I know as a beginner I was not interested - too advanced.
AND offer others like Hemera to join in to offer even more insights?....take it slowly with the basics?
That could get complicated everyone jumping in, I know.
But you could figure it out! I have faith in you.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 03-02-2024, 07:12 PM
Guide

I would be interested but energy is of the essence right now. I would struggle to contribute much,
but I will absolutely have a look in if there is a tarot course or lesson going.
Old 05-02-2024, 05:53 PM
Impressive cards and only $10 USD !

Wow, I had NO idea how much significance is IN the paintings of the Cards!
My first ever reading after shuffling was Spot On.
I thought Tarot would be too complicated for me -Nope.

It really gets you in the subconscious issues....Wow...things that you really know already -but it was like a therapist saying a couple sentences that
hit the right point exactly, helping you or
encouraging you to do what you know you should or have been doing correctly, so continue.

Old 05-02-2024, 07:16 PM
Master
I'm gathering RWS deck is what you mean or not?
I bought that as the woman who gave the Tarot lessons I was going to do wanted everyone to have that deck.
I don't resonate with it. So many cards are yellow, which doesn't make sense.
The queens look seriously P O, even Queen of Cups!!?
King of Cups looks like a granny, not masculine.
I simply don't resonate with the artwork.

I learnt to read with it, but when I found out there are tons of other Tarot decks I went looking for another that did resonate with me. I got the Robin Wood deck in and LOVED it!!
Gorgeous artwork and colours, the Queen of Cups actually looks like a warm caring woman, and so on.
It's RW based, and in that sense considered suited for beginners.
I've read with it for years on end!

So I have a RWS deck, but it's not being used.