Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 04-10-2010, 10:49 PM
Master
Beliefs creating your reality

I have come across this concept several times and am in the middle of healing abuse and several other issues.. for a long time it's been hard for me to express myself, stand up for myself without fear of people leaving or disliking me or conflict.. since then i have learned to become more assertive and speak my needs.. i've found when we take care of ourselves we tend to attract situations people etc that do the same.. but i still feel guilt and selfishness.. how does one balance their needs with others? and still be succesful at manifesting? thanks!
Old 04-10-2010, 11:10 PM
Master
Rosewater... The best method I know for releasing negative beliefs, and emotions like guilt and selfishness is EFT - Emotional Freedom Techniques. There's a brief article about it at: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=3784

Xan

Old 04-10-2010, 11:23 PM
Master
thank you xan i think eft is great.. i just am having difficulty overcoming some of this can't even tap into my own sub cons thoughts, don't know what's right or wrong anymore!
Old 04-10-2010, 11:37 PM
Master
Then here are my suggestions, Rosewater...

First... Say the phrases with real emphasis and breathing fully with Feeling the forgiving, loving and accepting.

You could tap on phrases like...
"Even though I'm having difficulty overcoming this guilt and selfishness, I deeply forgive, accept and love myself."
"Even though I can't get into my own subconscous thoughts, I deeply....."

And, "Even though I don't know what's right or wrong anymore....."
"Even though I feel _____ about not knowing what is wrong or wrong."

And here's a good EFT technique for uncovering what remains hidden.

Ask yourself, "If I knew what this issue was what would it be?"
or "If I just imagined what this might be about, what would I see and feel?"
or "If I knew what event in the past lead to this belief and feeling, what would it be?"

Also, sometimes we need another person to help uncover hidden thoughts and feelings because they ask different questions. You might get a friend to be an EFT partner with you, or get a trained pracitioner to work with you for a session or two... to get you going again.

blessings,
Xan

Last edited by Xan : 04-10-2010 at 11:41 PM.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:54 AM
Master
thank you so much xan! i will try this!
Old 13-10-2010, 12:05 PM
Gerryh

Have a look at Louise Hays stuff especially her subliminal cd's your subconscious could be sabotaging you and through positive affirmations you can reprogram these thoughts. Also look at NLP which could be of help to you
Old 19-10-2010, 06:31 PM
JEN

Hi All
I think all of the suggestions above are wonderful, and I personally have gained lots of assistance from these techniques. I think Louise Hay writes some good basic stuff on understanding how we our beliefs affect both our body and the way in which we create our "reality".

I have also found the books and CDs of Caroline Myss, and Depak Chopra particular good for understanding and healing ourselves of great benefit on my journey. I have found Kinesiology and Theta healing an excellent way to uncover and begin the healing process of many beliefs, attitudes and experiences that no longer benefit your journey. The big one of course, would have to be forgiveness (the ones who you believe hurt and betrayed you, and yourself for allowing it to happen - not a popular concept but a common belief non-the-less)

However, the concept of "we create our own reality", in my humble opinion, leaves a little to be desired. Now I dont think it is necessarily wrong, but to those who perhaps have not "explored" their own reality in its entirity, it does seem to put the emphasis or responsibility on each individual, and thus the "blame/shame" if all things are not as they "should" be. I believe to be able to get to the stage of actually being able to create our reality, we need to first have a good understanding of what is impacting on it.

For instance, (and I recognise this is a huge generalising and simplification):
  • the western cultures have generally discarded 'the sacred' and values of conscience, and installed a new 'god' called money, economics and productivity. Related to this paradym are lots of issues around work ethics, status, education status, gender issues, family values, etc
  • we are instilled with suble traditions, beliefs and acceptable behaviours that we are generally even unaware of, within the 'tribe' of our culture, that inform how we think about and relate to religion, race, people, situations, work, status, etc
  • the family into which we were born have subtly instilled beliefs, attitudes and acceptable ways of behaving, not to mention the genetic/cellular memories, attitudes, beliefs of the ancesters
  • then there is our own particular life experiences (good or bad) that have instilled beliefs, attitudes and behaviours
  • now instill a couple past life and cellular family issues we may have brought in with us to heal
and we have a broader understanding of what we need to embrace and overcome, if we are indeed going to get to the stage of creating our own reality.

I dont mean this to sound negative at all (in spite of what I have written). I just wanted to emphasise that healing ourselves has lots of layers. It has been my experience that lots of people feel like they have 'failed' their journey because they have already done affirmations, meditation, some healing sessions in a number of different modalities, and basically try to be a good person, but they dont feel they have made it' (wherever IT is!!).... things are still 'happening' to them.

I hope I didnt ramble on too much...... thanks for allowing me to share my thoughts.
JEN

Old 20-10-2010, 08:01 PM
spiritflow

you cant be succcessful at manifesting when there's negative emotion in your system. this means its crucial to get yourself into a higher vibration which will allow you to achieve the success you want. low vibration means low results. high vibration means high results.

if you feel anxiety, insecure etc, this is a perfect sign of a low vibration. you should only be feeling joyous, happy and content on the inside - this is the only way to manifest continuously
Old 25-10-2010, 01:46 AM
JohnL

I am currently going through a "Clearing Beliefs" program that is part of the Sedona Method. What I learned so far is that, in general, you don't even need beliefs to manifest anything. Negative beliefs can be cleared out. Some take much longer than others. By the way, this is a very simple process. And I've had some pretty good results.
Old 27-10-2010, 12:41 AM
Master
oh how cool John! i should try that out