Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 03-06-2023, 05:19 AM
Master
The neutrality of consciousness.

Pure consciousness is neither good nor bad....repeat. This principle is repeated over by those who achieve higher states of consciousness. Consciousness without thought or desire is neutral.

It leaves me feeling neutral about it. I think meh...I can live without that.

To me life, God, people are all about Goodness. Even if it involves fighting some evil in order to achieve it. I often feel as though I am dying because of the lack of goodness in my life. The utter, insolent indifference of neutrality and pure consciousness leaves me cold.

If God is neutral then good luck to Him, He can keep His cold perfection.

My heart yearns for Goodness. If God is NOT good, then I will leave Him out of my life.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 03-06-2023, 07:00 AM
Master

Do you have any idea why you've come on this Earth during this historical period? Any idea what you've come here to do, to accomplish during your life?

Do you think that you've come here to experience Goodness?

I agree that we don't come here to do nothing, to think nothing (by the way, as far as I know, those aren't higher states of consciousness; those who believe that are mistaken by distorted interpretations of inner knowledge).

Also, we don't come here to suffer either.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 03-06-2023, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Do you have any idea why you've come on this Earth during this historical period?
Any idea what you've come here to do, to accomplish during your life?
I love these questions you pose. Gets a person thinking, if they haven't already...
timing when we incarnate I do think is significant.
Example the Baby Boomers having the 60s -80s open their minds to extraordinary things was amazing.

Not here to suffer: This is a tougher stance - because from what I understand 'some' people actually do come here to suffer...
and in the suffering learn a great deal!
But the ultimate purpose of existence would be - to be in joyful abundance and knowledge and Self or God realization...from my understanding.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 03-06-2023, 08:09 AM
Deactivated Account

Jesus says the lamp/light of the body is the eye. I believe the eye speaks of consciousness because he mentions only one eye and consciousness is undifferentiated. Goodness only makes sense from a dual point of view. Also, from this dual perspective we can do good to others.
Old 03-06-2023, 05:19 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Pure consciousness is neither good nor bad....repeat.
I think consciousness can align itself with non-harmonious energies and feed and support those energies and through those conscious or subconscious choices and associations reap good or bad effects.

Galatians 6:9 Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
If God is NOT good, then I will leave Him out of my life.
Psalm 23:1 The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. 2 He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, 3 he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths.

I think the "reward" or "punishment" between energies like love or hate, forgiveness or anger, peace or war, harmonious or conflict, shows "God's" intent towards goodness or love and harmony and peace over evil or hate or conflict.

I think we are eternal creators and we share that with our source. We are energy workers. Existing within infinite energies, we find our space and environment and associations within that. I think it comes down to choice in each moment. To what energies or things we are associating or aligning with.

Quote from Alvin Rulon Dyer (January 1, 1903 – March 6, 1977) an apostle in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church)

"Choosing good over evil and right over wrong is the crowning achievement of life, and in so doing man becomes the masterpiece of the Creator and fulfills the basic purposes of his mortal probation. An ancient prophet speaks of it in this way: “… he that ruleth his spirit is greater than he that taketh a city.” (Prov. 16:32.)"
Old 03-06-2023, 05:38 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
from what I understand 'some' people actually do come here to suffer...
Life can sure be a lot for some to deal with. Maybe all. I know so many who suffer a lot. I think it does carry a higher purpose. To learn things like acceptance, grace, non-judgement, non-arrogance and ego and self importance, love, appreciation, understanding and forgiveness, things like that maybe.

I know for myself and some others I know the "sin" seems to be extreme self centeredness. A lack of empathy and love and understanding and acceptance for all others. To change focus from what I want to how can I help. From not what I can get, to what I can give.
Old 03-06-2023, 08:54 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
... Not here to suffer: This is a tougher stance - because from what I understand 'some' people actually do come here to suffer...
and in the suffering learn a great deal! ...
The way I understand it, if one believes he has to suffer in order to achieve whatever, then he'll suffer. But that is only the result of his belief.

In such cases, to stop his suffering, that limiting belief has to be identified and replaced with constructive beliefs. If he doesn't do that he'll keep suffering in various ways. He'll fix one suffering, and another will pop up.

Beliefs shape our reality.

It is like in school: you don't (shouldn't) need to get bad grades or to be punished in order to learn.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 04-06-2023, 01:05 AM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Do you think that you've come here to experience Goodness?
Surely nobody thinks that……but I would affirm that we are here to do goodness. This doing of goodness justifies the life that one has been given. Doing goodness IMO are acts of a level higher than truth or the law. The highest acts of doing goodness are acts of heroism…..and acts of love. “No greater love is this”. ‘Laying down one’s life’ does not have to mean dying…..it is setting aside your personal concerns….the abandonment of neutrality.

Luke 6:6-11….relates Jesus breaking the law of the Sabbath to heal a man’s hand. Jesus put goodness above the law. Think of demonstrators who pursued goodness in defiance of the ‘law’. Now with retrospect we view many of these as heroes……because they had the courage to do goodness…..
Old 04-06-2023, 06:22 AM
Master
Goodness v Badness

Can we experience one without the other ?
Old 04-06-2023, 08:13 AM
Thumbs up

Inavalan, you and I love Seth:
This is a good one that I so agree with!
“Suffering is not good for the soul, unless it teaches you how to stop suffering. That is its purpose.”
― Jane Roberts, Seth Speaks: The Eternal Validity of the Soul

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru