Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 24-05-2023, 03:16 PM
Master

The most excellent way

In 1 Corinthians 12:31 Paul speaks of ‘the most excellent way’ which is presented as love in the following chapter……absolutely right. But I have also thought about this. I think about how difficult we can make the spiritual path appear to be….do this…do that. What about the other way ? Do nothing…think nothing….this is meditation. The invitation to do nothing….it is ‘let go and let God’. Do not think of it as being ‘alone with your thoughts’…..that aloneness can be torture and truly be aloneness. Discard your thoughts through meditation and suddenly you are with God…..no longer alone. Try lying under the stars…..try sitting in a forest….be still and be with God. Remember the 23rd Psalm….”He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul.”

This is the ‘work’ of one spiritual path….
Old 24-05-2023, 04:38 PM
Master

That all rings true to me. I was contemplating these ideas last night. I say "contemplating" because to me "thinking" has now become a loaded word lol. These words have so many multiple meanings. Like tear, a rip, and tear, a drop that runs down your face when you cry.

That word "thinking" is misleading and not very useful to me because thinking is not one thing. For example thinking revolves around the talking in our heads or minds. It's similar to external talking or speaking yet it all happens internally without sound. The mouth is not used or the ears. Yet we are aware of what it "says." It's pretty trippy actually because we are aware of meanings that seem to come from phrases and sentences internally yet we are not hearing or seeing words. But this goes back to something I believe now that "understanding" exists prior to words or language. It exists in us I believe in energy form. This is then projected through our body or physical form. But anyway I think there are many different kinds of thinking involving completely different sources.

Does everyone in "heaven" or the astral world speak the same language? Questions like this are related to these ideas. Jesus could only speak Arabic on earth in his life. Could he understand us in heaven or we understand him? Would we need translators? But see I think knowledge and understanding exists in us before we conceptualize it into words. So in "heaven" language would not even be a mode of communication. We would be sharing pre-verbal understanding or ideas though telepathy in my opinion. So there is "one language" in heaven. It's not word based at all to me.

I think to surrender to "The Father" to put it into Christianity terms, to become "one with God" or to do God's will and not our own, all of this is about being "selfless" to me. I believe our true nature is pure love so it's not a matter of becoming something, it's a matter of discarding or dropping or abandoning our attachment and association with things that are not our true self. I believe thinking or the talking in our heads is also wrapped up in all of this. "Doing" is also involved in this as doing is related to thinking. Doing God's will and not our own, I think is about being in that pre-verbal knowing and understanding. Selfless is not really selfless it's about the self being "born again," "empty" brand new. Not holding past or future. A fully awake and aware self.

It's like we are already one with God, but we don't experience it because we have become captivated with "ego." Ego is another word with so many possible meanings. But basically we have a life and story in this incarnation. Like what happened to us, what others did to us, what we did to others. All of this is in our memory. And we live as this memory and external conditions, this person, with our religious conditioning, cultural conditioning and all of that. If we are present in this moment, and drop all association with all of this other stuff, I think we do experience God or our source. Our experience and perception is different. We are different. Fully at peace and without any fear or conflict within or without.

Psalm 46

1 God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in trouble.
2 Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way
and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,
4 There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God,
the holy place where the Most High dwells.
10 He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
Old 24-05-2023, 04:56 PM
Knower
Excellent thread and posts.

Have a Peaceful day.
Peace
Old 24-05-2023, 05:01 PM
Master

John 3:3 Jesus answered him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see (experience/perceive) the kingdom of God.”

"Born again" can mean to be here now and drop all identification or association with our past or conditioning. Drop identification with our "thinking."

John 3:5 Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit."

Dropping "water" from this which I think is a reference to a religious ritual (baptism), it would read:

“Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of Spirit, he cannot enter (experience/become) the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit."

"Born of the flesh or the spirit," to me could be about this present moment. What are we identified with in this present moment? What are we? Soul/spirt, our true nature or "flesh" the body and it's conditioned mind and ego, as which we project our past and story as ourselves. Basically experiencing whatever is through our filters and thinking all based on the past.

John 3:7 You must be born again.’ 8 The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.”

"You do not know where it comes from or where it goes." To me, this is referencing being here now without identifying with thought as self. Being empty of the past and conditioning.

I woke up this morning and noticed the first thing I did with my attention is to go completely into my mind and it's thinking. It's a hard habit to break.
Old 24-05-2023, 06:33 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
"Born again" can mean to be here now and drop all identification or association with our past or conditioning. Drop identification with our "thinking."

John 3:5 Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit."
Dropping "water" from this which I think is a reference to a religious ritual (baptism), it would read:
Maisy,

I absolutely love both of your posts…..especially your thoughts on ‘thinking’. Your approach is admirable….really seeking to understand scripture and extract deeper meaning.

Don’t be too fast in dropping ‘water’……����. Water has a symbolic meaning in the Bible. Water, symbolically, means truth….but, in that, a special kind of truth, namely “living truth”. “Living” because it makes a man alive in himself….not dead but spiritually alive. See John 4:13-14. And this from Jeremiah 2:13….”My people have committed two sins: They have forsaken me, the spring of living water, and have dug cisterns that cannot hold water.”

Anyone that reads ‘cisterns’ literally is missing every implication that is inherent in that one word. I hope this is of some value and interest to you. I look forward to your future postings……..������
Old 24-05-2023, 06:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
that aloneness can be torture and truly be aloneness.
Aloneness for me is feeling wholly present, a fullness, aliveness, oneness, I feel complete. It's bliss, not torture...
Just my opinion through experiences.....
Old 24-05-2023, 06:56 PM
Master
(Quote Maisy) "I woke up this morning and noticed the first thing I did with my attention is to go completely into my mind and it's thinking." It's a hard habit to break.

Thank God you did and are able to do that..... Think about the fresh brand new day ahead and the potential it holds
Old 24-05-2023, 07:48 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
Aloneness for me is feeling wholly present, a fullness, aliveness, oneness, I feel complete. It's bliss, not torture...
Just my opinion through experiences.....
Sky,

Some are comfortable to be alone with their thoughts….some are comfortable to be alone with God…
Old 24-05-2023, 11:27 PM
Yup, being alone and still, (not with my thoughts; still) ...open to the the Divine Presence is a regular practice of mine...
Like laying on a beach soaking in the sun...soaking in the peace and more, by His Grace. I don't have
'thoughts', then ...I'm just 'experiencing', drinking it in.
(But after many many decades it's easy now. Not years ago, tho.)

Like some people have a beer - I have 'private time' with His Presence.
No sounds around, no disturbances....ahhhh...
That's why I don't need vacations...nothing to escape from! Lol.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 24-05-2023, 11:51 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Sky,

Some are comfortable to be alone with their thoughts….some are comfortable to be alone with God…

The silence is .. fresh.