Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 18-05-2023, 06:04 AM
Master
I surpose my little thoughts while eating or preparing food wouldn't be called a Prayer but they express my feelings perfectly,

In this food I can see that the whole universe is supporting my existence, I am grateful..
Old 18-05-2023, 06:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
My favourite grace? "God bless the bunch who munch this lunch."
The youngsters in my Family would love that
Old 18-05-2023, 01:23 PM
Master

I love your little prayer Sky. I must remind myself to start saying something g like that.
Old 18-05-2023, 04:11 PM
Knower

It depends on the circles you travel in. If you are around very strong Christians, or in rural areas, it would probably be a common experience. If you are around anyone that is not a strong Christian, than it is not common.
Old 18-05-2023, 07:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
I love your little prayer Sky. I must remind myself to start saying something g like that.

Why not
Old 18-05-2023, 07:32 PM
Administrator
We never said Grace in our house before a meal but my friend always said it but her parents ran a Gospel Hall.
They always read a passage from the bible before bed.

Namaste
Old 18-05-2023, 09:45 PM
Master
In my opinion saying grace is an expression of gratitude, although we can feel grateful without expressing it. For me saying grace has a humbling effect; it is an acknowledgement.

Prayer on the other hand, I have mixed feelings about. People often pray for things or for someone who is in need, but who, or what, are they praying to? They pray to what they perceive as God, or the deity which they worship.

For me that which I call “the source of life” is not like Santa Clause. I do occasionally say grace but I don’t pray for things or people. I am attuned with my own deeper being and I commune with that. Although, I have sent healing vibes to people without prayer.

Each person interacts with their own life force in their own unique way. Some of it is cultural, some of it is conditioning, and a lot of it is just the relationship which we have established with ourselves. In my opinion there is no right or wrong in this; it is a personal matter.
Old 18-05-2023, 10:44 PM
Experiencer

One can alter the vibration of their food and water by intention. Scientific proof has already demonstrated the effect of our thoughts on water formations, as well as yogis and sages who attest to how our mental disposition and level of consciousness affects our ability to extract nourishment from what we partake, and much more. If we intentionally imbue our foods with healing energetic vibrations, that is comparable to "saying grace".

__/\__
Old 19-05-2023, 12:04 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
although we can feel grateful without expressing it.

Agreed. Words are extra, although they can be useful.

Your thoughts on prayer are interesting, Starman. I have always prayed
Old 19-05-2023, 10:12 AM
Master
AnotherBob, I agree with what you have said. I was an army medic in Africa back in the 1960’s, went there because of an Ebola outbreak. The water well in this town was contaminated and people were dying from drinking it. But one woman prayed before drinking it and she never got infected. I believe that our thoughts and words can change the vibration of our food, water, and even ourselves, in fact I have experienced this.

pixiedust, my grandparents, on my mothers side, were fire breathing Southern Baptists, and as a small kid they demanded that me and my siblings prayed before going to sleep and at each meal. It was a routine repetitive prayer and not necessarily from our hearts. It was a form of programming that was imposed on me and my siblings. But as I grew older I moved away from it.

For me, intuition has been a substitute for prayer. A lot of cultures embrace prayer, or chanting, as a spiritual ritual. Words do have power. In studying the Jewish Kabbalah, I was taught “Words of Power, “ mainly chants that deal with vibratory attunement. Chants are similar to prayers, and in “Mantra Meditation,” a person chants to still their mind and attune themselves to higher, or greater, vibrations.