Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 30-04-2023, 10:02 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foster68
I feel almost like a pawn between the fight of good and evil in all of this. A pawn between God and Satan.

You are an empath, sweetie. Start learning about that. You must realize that as a child of God, you are empowered to choose. Release the idea that you must accommodate others. Your power lies in the understanding that no one has power over you unless you grant it to them.

Look in the Bible at the many examples that Jesus made a choice. He rebuked evil, even in his own disciple. You are no pawn. You have authority. Learn to use it. You may PM me if you wish further clarification.

Blessings,
Z
Old 01-05-2023, 12:54 AM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by zastrakoza
You are an empath, sweetie. Start learning about that. You must realize that as a child of God, you are empowered to choose. Release the idea that you must accommodate others. Your power lies in the understanding that no one has power over you unless you grant it to them.

Z

Zastrakoza,

This is very good and true. Whom ever one gives authority can then exercise his power for your benefit. It is true for your boss…it is especially true for God. People despair, seeing God as remote…..report to God every day for ‘work’ and He will no longer seem remote. And, yes, the empathy trap is to be avoided….it benefits neither the one you have empathy for or yourself. Sometimes the courageous thing to do is to allow another to discover his own strength and potential in learning from his suffering. A lot of us have learned to let our children grow up…..meaning they experience independence…..
Old 01-05-2023, 04:07 AM
Knower
Quote:
I just don't get why God allows so much suffering with the threat of hell hanging over our heads.

There is no threat of hell for good people or even people who are a little less good or even a little evil. It is only when people become very evil that the threat of hell becomes significant for them. So, relax. I KNOW about hell and heaven, so take my words and become easy in your mind.
Old 01-05-2023, 09:07 AM
Master
Quote:
It's just quite simple. I believe in Jesus and God and all, but I feel almost like a pawn between the fight of good and evil in all of this. A pawn between God and Satan. It's almost like a paranoid feeling.

Change the way you look at things and the things you look at change.

Proverbs 4:23 Be careful how you think; your life is shaped by your thoughts.

Try thinking more positively Foster, it may help... Day by day, slowly discard a Negative thought and fill that space up with something positive until there's no room/space left for negativity to breed
Old 01-05-2023, 03:04 PM
Experiencer
Molearner,

I agree. Unfortunately, many churches disempower people, teaching with the stick and carrot approach, which is in alignment with the old covenant stories. But the old testament passed away and was replaced by a testament of unconditional love, wherein no judgment or hell exists. One does not enter into the new testament until one dies to the old way of thinking and is reborn into the new (one does not put new wine into old wine bottles).

While we might choose different words to express it, I resonant with your teachings. As you so often state, the universe resides within us in all its dimensions. When we fully embrace true love (God), we are imprinted with the authority of sonship and in this authority, we clearly see the temptation of the lower self (ego) and its offer of false love.

As we open ourselves up to receive true love from above, we may find ourselves in an uncustomary sensitive state. I perceive this vulnerability is more common in the current times of uncertainty. All humans are empathic, because that is our nature, but when we begin to release the ego mind and search for the real truth, we find ourselves in a transitory state more open to the energies of those around us.

The empathic state is an opportunity to tune in to God and receive clearer communication. But if there is no security in the Spirit, then we are vulnerable to other spirits (energies) that as you suggest may offer alternative choices. Every time we find ourselves in the dark valley of uncertainty, we must choose where to set our sights for direction. The problem is that we tend to start looking for direction outside of ourselves and we run into so much conflicting information that we are likely to become depressed, frustrated and even angry.

The only place to go my friends to get the truth is within, to the heart wherein the new testament word of God is written. Ask your heart for the truth and you are very likely to come into your knowing. Be patient with yourself because it is a process of becoming like a little child and relearning who you are. You can do it. Much love and blessings to all, and especially our wise Molearner who holds the light high and steady.

Z
Old 01-05-2023, 04:26 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by zastrakoza

While we might choose different words to express it, I resonant with your teachings. As you so often state, the universe resides within us in all its dimensions. When we fully embrace true love (God), we are imprinted with the authority of sonship and in this authority, we clearly see the temptation of the lower self (ego) and its offer of false love.

Z

Zastrakoza,

Now this is true wisdom….along with everything else that you articulated so clearly.

I appreciate your kind words. Rather than say that I feel that we are kindred spirits it is always better to remain humble, when you hear words of wisdom, to say that you aspire to be a kindred spirit. The relationship with Christ is the same…..
Old 01-05-2023, 11:13 PM
Newbie ;)

Thank you, thank you, everyone for your replies so far. They have touched me in a deep way and have given me so much to ponder. Explore and learn and relearn as a child before God.
You are all appreciated. Thank you again.