Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 20-04-2023, 01:12 PM
Master

Hi Hal.... Oh goodness but yes , of course everyday should be earth day .
I think it's just a sad fact of life that we live in a disposable world just now.
Everything is produced and based upon life "on the run ".
Far too much plastic and packaging .
But what really annoys me is the vast amount of people that just throw a their empty bottles/ cartons/ takeaway trays/ crisp packets/ and any other rubbish into the street, into hedges/ out of car windows.
There's just NO excuse for that
These people just do not realise how much this can harm the wild animals, but apart from that it's just sheer ignorance and lack of respect for anything and anyone ...
Old 20-04-2023, 04:12 PM
Master

AngelB. I know what you mean about the litter in the UK and especially the beaches. After living here for years I was absolutely appalled at the amount of litter I saw over there. People even throwing it out of the car windows. Shocking.

I’ve gotta say nobody over here would even consider doing that as it would be totally frowned on and very very few people would leave any litter behind at a picnic or beach.

A British family left a heap of litter and tried to walk away from a BBQ here and the local people were so horrified that they got stuck into them called the police and they got heavily fined.

Another British couple did the same thing many times around New Zealand and they ended up getting deported.

Kids here actually grow up knowing it’s not acceptable so we don’t really have a problem with it now.

Another thing I couldn’t get over in the UK is the amount of dog sh……. That I had to keep avoiding as I was walking along the path. Never seen so much in my life. Here people carry plastic doggie bags and pick it up and put it in a bin.

Thank God that there are still a lot of people that DO care!
Old 21-04-2023, 06:35 AM
Master

Hi Red , it used to be a massive problem here the dog mess I mean.
But owners have to carry poop bags and pick up after them and get fined if they are caught not doing that ( and I know that for fact because a family member was a warden that walked the "beat" and issued fines ).
But with regard to rubbish in general I couldn't, just couldn't drop litter on the pavement and my kids never have either . In fact my kids were taught to pick rubbish up and put it in a waste bin if we were out and about.
There really is no excuse.
Old 21-04-2023, 08:53 AM
Master

...Quite honestly I care more about the planet and animals more than I ever cared about people.
""People"" still have a lot to learn.
I'm talking about the "masses" of course , not my loved ones and friends .
But yes in general, the beauty of the planet and the "honesty" of the animals .
We owe them a massive debt.
Old 23-04-2023, 02:11 AM
Master
Hi again angel blue. Littering bothers the hell out of me too! It's just laziness.
In the winter time where I live ice is a big issue. What do people do to combat ice? Throw salt on it to melt it. During the winter months salt is everywhere! Salt damage can eat a vehicle in just a few years. On top of that salt has NO place in this environment. There is no plants or animals that can deal with salt. Runoff salt is horrible for any wildlife here. Not to mention what salt does to metal. I don't understand why they don't use sand instead of salt.
Old 23-04-2023, 04:29 AM
Master

Hi Hallow. It really really IS sickening to see the rubbish everywhere in certain places . I could cry when I see it knee deep sometimes in hedgerows .
What is wrong with people ?
Oh but you are right about the salt too. The sea is just at the end of my street ( 100 yards or so ) and it causes complete havoc with the car rusting all the nuts/ bolts etc and virtually welding things making it almost impossible for the mechanic to remove them.
They tend to use a sand here I think on the roads in winter , at least it's like a sand coloured grit, so I'm not sure if it contains salt . Having said that, they don't grit like they used to sometimes only doing a main road . Certainly no minor routes or side streets are gritted anymore .
Old 23-04-2023, 08:36 AM
Master
I live thousands of miles from any kind of natural salt. The plant and wildlife are simply not adapted to it. Not only the city, but the citizens put out salt like it's free. You can even get fines if you don't salt your sidewalk.
Old 23-04-2023, 08:42 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
I live thousands of miles from any kind of natural salt. The plant and wildlife are simply not adapted to it. Not only the city, but the citizens put out salt like it's free. You can even get fines if you don't salt your sidewalk.
Oh goodness Hallow, and it's the COMPLETE opposite here .
You can get fined and have several "accident" claims made against you if you DO grit the pavement outside of your home or workplace !!!!
I seriously think there is a lot of "madness " going on in the world. It's getting out of control.
And it's happening for one reason and one reason only...
Money.
Old 23-04-2023, 01:04 PM
Master
The big reason for salt in the winter is to melt the ice. Here in the winter months before a storm they treat the roads with some type of salt brine, a mix of salt and water. During a snow storm, they salt the roads to prevent it from icing up. Because people don't want to drive on snow, after the storm they'll put down that brine again. Where I live we get weekly snow falls. Maybe not big storms but enough for them to start them salting. That's not mentioning all the salt people add to there driveways and walkways.
Old 23-04-2023, 08:05 PM
Administrator
I am a community councillor have been for a long time Where i live it is Rural
It is also on high ground.
We get rubbish dumped here but not as much as other places.
In the winter if we didn't have grit bins dotted about we would get Anarchy
the town is 7 miles away they might get a dusting of frost or snow here we get loads roads are closed.
but the schools here have a forest school where the kids can go to to study the trees flowers and bugs, and they are taught how to look after the Environment

Namaste