Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 23-03-2023, 12:14 AM
Seeker

Physical Sensations at Chakra Centers

I've noticed for a while that, whenever I meditate, I often feel physical sensations at some of my chakra centers. Sometimes it's just tingling sensations at my crown or my chest, but most of the time, it's a pressure or throbbing at the center of my forehead, sometimes very faint, but other times very intense and disorienting. I remember one particular occasion several years ago when I felt a distinct, painless tearing sensation between my eyebrows. It made an audible sound and actually startled me out of my meditation.

I tried looking into it myself, but got a lot of mixed feedback. Has anyone had a similar experience? Does it mean anything?
Old 23-03-2023, 07:13 PM
Master
Maybe you are putting too much focus on the 3rd eye or it is too far open. Close it at least a bit and see how you fare then. It will likely improve and not happen anymore.
Personally I never use my 3rd eye as I'm intuitive & sensitive enough as it is. Only gives me a terrible headache.
The only times I can work with the 3rd eye directly is when it's Diana Cooper's meditation for that chakra as hers are very high vibrational.
Otherwise I leave it alone.

It can also help to close it and start working more with the first 3 chakras to build a solid foundation. Oftentimes people are so busy with (trying to) sense higher energies, feel and see things etc. that they forget you need a proper basis for that. Otherwise it's like building the penthouse without the part of the building that it sits upon.
The 3rd eye chakra has 96 (!!!!) chambers which is an awful lot, meaning a lot of old stuff can be stored in it too and it takes longer time to clear that all since there are so many.
The stronger the foundation...
Old 23-03-2023, 08:18 PM
Master

I had only two experiences with a cakra. Both the times, I was in pasaritapadotthanasana pose in the yoga class. The first experience was auditory and I felt light. The second time, it started the same with beats I could hear and then proceeded with visual of a piece of chain followed by the visual of vishuddhi cakra which was alive. I felt very light as before.
Old 23-03-2023, 11:10 PM
Seeker

The problem is I don't really know what I'm doing. I don't know how to close it or how to tell if it's even open at all. Sometimes I experience these sensations when I'm just going about my day, not meditating at all. I wonder at times if it's all in my head, but it's been happening off and on for years now.

I have, however, noticed that I don't experience much with the lower chakras, from the solar plexus down. It's occurred to me that there might be something problematic in that, but I'm not really sure how to address that either.
Old 24-03-2023, 12:14 AM
Master
Well, get a book on how to do this with meditation exercises for that, or chakra meditation CD, do a workshop or webinar.
We all got to start somewhere, most of us start from scratch by doing all, one, or a few of the above.
I started with an intuitive development course. There I learnt to feel and work with the first 3 chakras, cleansing and balancing them, learnt to ground, shield, feeling auras etc.
With such a course you learn all the energy tools you need.
From there I went on with books, loads of other courses & workshops, etc. etc.
Nowadays I do most webinars online, but in the past I drove over to spiritual centres that offered what interested me. Some were day-workshops, others weekend, and others 5 consecutive days. For the latter two I had to drive almost 4 hours and they cost a small fortune. It meant leaving the day prior to workshop/course started, and sleeping there on the premises in the lodge. So then I was gone from home resp. 3 and 6 days. They brought me a helluva lot!!

If you don't do anything at all you'll keep fumbling in the dark. That is of course an option. We have freedom of will and can choose to learn or not.
No right and wrong in that :)
Old 25-03-2023, 10:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallVoice
Sometimes it's just tingling sensations at my crown or my chest, but most of the time, it's a pressure or throbbing at the center of my forehead, sometimes very faint, but other times very intense and disorienting. Has anyone had a similar experience?
Yes I have experienced it, and it's a normal, common experience for meditators - not problematic. It doesn't really mean anything, but it mainly indicates becoming aware of subtler phenomena in the body. I'm curious about your meditation method if you feel like disclosing that.
Old 25-03-2023, 12:55 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallVoice
Sometimes it's just tingling sensations at my crown or my chest, but most of the time, it's a pressure or throbbing at the center of my forehead, sometimes very faint, but other times very intense and disorienting.
On the forehead, you may be focusing too much there. Your focus should be "internal", not on the physical chakra.

Then yes it's normal if you have various sensations, then I think it's a matter of recognizing what triggers these symptoms.

Like for me, I found that Jupiter was associated with my pancreas, every time the ephemeris is about this planet, I know I will have tinnitus and my pancreas complaining. It took me 10 years to figure that out !

Then meditation is about aligning ourselves with the cosmos, so any tiny sandstone in the system can cause disturbing feelings.
It may also be your subconscious that channels energy from up there, so it should help you raise your vibration level.
Old 25-03-2023, 04:34 PM
Master
My 2 cents.

Working with your mind, triggers the ajna Chakra.
This center is in charge of the mental faculties,so the more you use your mind,the more it'll start to take over anything else.
After all it's the Chakra of command.

Yes it happened to me as well at my early stages of practise.
I had the same sensations you've described.
Old 28-03-2023, 03:06 AM
Experiencer
I have experienced tingling at my crown chakra and light pressure on my third eye chakra during meditation. I always thought it was just the chakras being cleared or starting to activate.
Old 28-03-2023, 01:21 PM
Newbie ;)

Hi SmallVoice,

An easy way to 'open' or 'close' a chakra is to visualise it as a flower. If it is seen as a 'bud' then the chakra is tightly closed and it's energy cannot support us. If the flower is 'wide open' then the chakra is to open and needs to be closed some for us to get the benefits of it energetically. Visualise each 'flower' as if it were half open at it's optimum best. Hth.