Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 23-03-2023, 08:14 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catsquotl
In other words in the end there is no ego as there is no soul.
both are processes of identification.

People use the same words to designate different concepts, hence a lot of miscommunication.

To me "soul" is the entity that incarnated as my current personality, that dreams this physical life.

"Ego", is my personality when I am awake, so it is that state of consciousness of my personality when I am physically oriented.

I guess, "processes of identification" means names you / I (your / my ego) give to those concepts. The fact that you / I give them names has nothing to do with what they are.

"Soul" and "ego" aren't similar concepts. And those concepts actually exist.

What makes you believe that "there is no ego as there is no soul"? It may be something you heard / read somebody saying it, or you may have had an experience that caused you to believe that. Which is it?

Based exclusively on my direct inner-knowledge, there are "ego" and "soul", and other aspects in between.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 23-03-2023, 08:37 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munesh
When a person dies what will be size of soul after death. It will be same as in life or will it become smaller then it's physical size.

That's a fun question to me. If anyone read the book "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" there is a fun story in there where an alien race decided to invade and take over the earth so they planed for years and years and built 1000's of ships to come and destroy human kind. Well they swoop in, 1000's of ships, and they all get swallowed up by a dog. They forgot to think about scale. They were tiny, smaller than a flea.

One idea is some can see aura's. Aura's are supposed to be the outer edges of our souls. So that would mean our souls are close to the size of a human body. But then maybe souls are shrunk down to be in a body or the reverse, enlarged to be in a body. There is no way to know.

Scale is relative. Anything is possible. Souls may be the smallest thing that exists. Smaller than the smallest particle. Or they could be the largest thing that exists... but that would not make sense because souls or God's, the creators of our physical world, work with very small particles. So I would assume souls are just as small as them. But I'm guessing.

Like how the brain does trillions of calculations a minute. Whoever designed the brain would have to be able to think about a trillion things at one time. So the scale of intelligence compared to ours is huge.
Old 23-03-2023, 08:54 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
So what is it which is doing the identification?

That was really intelligent! It's so cool when we can zoom out and see a twist like that.
Old 24-03-2023, 12:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
One idea is some can see aura's. Aura's are supposed to be the outer edges of our souls. So that would mean our souls are close to the size of a human body. But then maybe souls are shrunk down to be in a body or the reverse, enlarged to be in a body. There is no way to know.
My understanding is that the aura is the outer edge of the energy body. The soul is that which creates all the bodies.
Old 24-03-2023, 01:55 PM
Administrator
I agree wstein

Namaste
Old 24-03-2023, 06:21 PM
Master
In my opinion there is a one-ness of being and absolutely everything is in that one-ness, so how can we separate anything from that one-ness, put a label on it, and ask how big or small it is? How big or small is infinity, which is where we currently exist; in the midst of and part of infinity.

People often fracture the one-ness in their perspective and then they put a label on each part that they have fractured off in their mind. The experience beyond this physical world is beyond thoughts and words.

It is only in this physical realm, a realm of name and form, that beings know things by the words they call them. Taoism teaches that “nothing in the universe is what we call it here on Earth.” Things are not the words that we call them. That is just our codification process, but the one-ness can not be codified or sorted into different parts; else it would not be a one-ness.

People want to know what do you call it and a name is given, in whatever of the more then seven thousands languages that is spoken here on Earth, and people come to know things by the labels that are placed on them

There is a spiritual book called “A Course in Miracles” and one of the lessons in that book is to go through an entire day without placing a name or label on anything. This is difficult for most people to do. We call it “soul” or “spirit” but it is called something else in another language, or maybe called nothing. As it is No-Thing. Things are not the names which we give them.

If someone calls you a bad name is that what you truly are? Do you think you are what you call yourself? I have been called many names besides my birth name, and I have identified my self using lots of different names and labels. Only to find out that what I truly am is beyond words and thoughts.
Old 24-03-2023, 08:53 PM
Master
They can be the size they want to be in the spirit world if they have fat on the aeroplane that can be skinny size of an AP and the spirit world because the body is a Shell on the earthly plane
But in spirit you can be tall small they can we talk and small and what they want to be they can on

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 02-04-2023, 09:12 AM
Master

I had intended to (as I'm nearing the edge) spend a few hours or days pondering over the many questions I have about any possible afterlife state.

In my efforts to get a picture of the prevailing knowledge I tapped into Google and found out, to my utter surprise, that every day, on average 330,000 people die.

My first and immediate thought was that the arrival hall must be pretty big, that it's a good job we can't take any luggage with us and that there must be lots of doors leading to further destinations of some kind and that the logistic manager really has his work cut out.

Then, in front of my eyes the myriad of questions formed by the knowledge that on my day 332,999 people will be full of the same expectations as me, caused me to back off - I have thus decided to wait a bit with my investigation into the contents of the haystack and await some kind of intuitive knowledge - should there be any available.

I still have a short time left to mull.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 02-04-2023, 07:47 PM
Master
Busby, I will be 76-years old in a couple of months, don’t know if I will reach eighty. Regardless, I feel death is one of the most amazing times in our lives; we leave our masks and covering behind for an existence that does not fit into a box, or framed in thoughts and words. I do not believe that anyone can tell a person what their particular death is going to be like, because your death will be as unique as you are.

I can tell you about my out-of-body experiences or near death experiences but I am convinced that the actual death experience is much different then those. I have seen lots of people die and 330,000 human deaths daily does not surprise me. The United Nations state that 385,000 babies are born everyday in this world, so there is some balance, although more are coming then are going.

My approach to dying is to trust the process and not anticipate anything. Live in the moment until your final breath. This is what I would tell people who were dying when I was an army combat medic in Vietnam and later as an RN working with terminally ill patients. I have no expectations from death, although I know it will kill my physical body.

All of my out of body experiences have been exceptionally awesome and extremely beautiful; if anything that is all I have to go on. But I know living in the moment, and staying there as long as possible, will dissolve any anxiety or fear a person may have about death.

Peace and Good Journey
Old 02-04-2023, 09:09 PM
Master
In my opinion, the difference between and out of body or near death experience and an
actual death experience is the spiritual umbilical cord. A silver cord that attaches our
deeper being, or soul, to our physical body.

We have a physical umbilical cord that attaches our physical body to our mother, which
is cut at the time of physical birth. We also have a spiritual umbilical cord, and in an OBE
or NDE that cord stays attached to our physical body, otherwise we could not return to
that physical body.

In actual death that spiritual umbilical cord is severed; this is the big difference. It is one
thing to peek into the spirit world and another to detach from your physical body and live
in a spirit realm without any remnants of physicality. Actual death is like taking a birth
into another realm.