Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 05-03-2023, 11:41 PM
Newbie ;)

Why have OBEs?

So I used to be interested in having OBEs years ago and read Astral Dynamics and other books and tried to get out of body. I had a few OBE's I think, but can't be sure they weren't just dreams. I've felt vibrations and ended up in my room and things like that.

But now I'm just wondering how they differ from dreams? I wanted to have them so I could float around in the physical observing stuff that's really happening (like some NDE's where they can accurately see everything that happened in the room and recall it later) however I believe there are different subtle bodies, and you might not/probably won't even end up in the physical? So everything you see might not be like reality. So how is this even different to a dream?

So guys, what do you OBE for, and have you actually gotten any accurate info or visions from having an OBE?
Old 06-03-2023, 05:40 AM
Master

Good question! I'll come back to it.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 06-03-2023, 08:50 AM
Master

I would not want to have a real OBE as it would mean I might leave the body for good. I think they usually happen to people in bad accidents etc. Lucid dreaming is great though.
Old 06-03-2023, 08:52 AM
Master

I have never gotten any any accurate info or visions but some experiences affirmed I am not this body which has some value I think.
Old 06-03-2023, 08:20 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Good question! I'll come back to it.

I'd love to hear it! I'm not a skeptic (in case that's how it came across), I really WANT to get something out of having an OBE and I definitely believe they are possible and that I've even had a couple. I just kinda need to know what to do if I have one again. My current goal is to go to the Akashic records, I've tried before with little success. Again, it's hard to know if you're really there or just dreaming it. I guess I'll have more insight if I manage to go again and ask for specific information or view some past memories. That's be cool!

Quote:
I would not want to have a real OBE as it would mean I might leave the body for good. I think they usually happen to people in bad accidents etc. Lucid dreaming is great though.

I don't worry about that, if you are healthy you should never have to worry about not coming back. I'm scared of most things in life (lol) but having an OBE has never scared me, even the intense vibrations. You always go back to your body, you just have to think about it. I agree with lucid dreaming being great!
Old 07-03-2023, 07:03 AM
Master

@musiclover87

I think that for beginners, having a good quality obe or lucid dream should be an eye-opener. You can experience a reality that seems as real as the one experienced when awake, which brings the obvious question: how do you know that now you are awake?

A lucid dream also shows you that until you became lucid you had a set of beliefs that determined what you could do, what you could control and create. Once you became lucid, and believed that you can change your experience, then you could do other things you couldn't do before.

If you had an obe or a lucid dream you would know: you knew that you were dreaming, you knew that you could have such experiences as flying, going through walls, teleport in space and time, make appear and disappear stuff, ...

Obe, lucid dream, astral projection, regression are conscious projections of your focus of attention. You perceive without using your physical senses. What that means is for everybody to do their best to find out.

One error many people do is that they carry into these kind of experiences their beliefs and expectations, and consequently they distort what they experience.

For example, you wrote "My current goal is to go to the Akashic records, I've tried before with little success." That assumes that there is such a thing, called Akashic records that you can visit. How do you know? You read it. How do you know that that is true, and not somebody's misunderstanding? Many people, or gurus, or dogmas said so? Truth isn't decided by vote: look at religions, politics, ... Honest people believe completely opposite things, many based on their own experiences.

Surely, you can believe there are Akashic records, ask for it, and in some form you'll experience it, but that doesn't mean that it isn't just your subconscious creation, or a symbolic representation of something else.

In my opinion, whenever you have such experiences you have to begin with intentionally putting aside all your beliefs and expectations, then to keep an attitude of mild curiosity and detachment. Be always on guard that you might misinterpret what you perceive.

Iteratively, a picture will start to form, with each new experience. More and more details will become clearer, but as I understand it, you can never know the complete truth, both because the truth is infinite, and because of your current level of evolvement as consciousness.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 07-03-2023, 07:39 AM
Experiencer

great observations!
Old 07-03-2023, 10:19 AM
Administrator
I would agree with Inavalan

Namaste
Old 07-03-2023, 12:43 PM
Master

In a nutshell:

In an OBE YOU control the situation you are in but in a dream the dream controls you I.e. just a passing series of images.

I had an OBE and every question/thought I had came into view.
Old 07-03-2023, 06:28 PM
Ascender
I often dream I am having an OBE but upon waking I realize it's only a dream. It's kind of frustrating that my sub-conscious would trick me like that.