Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 16-01-2023, 08:53 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
Im sorry to say that where money is concerned there will always be Greed

Namaste
Always Always Always ....
The planet is "run" on greed.
Greed is killing us all.
It's killing us, nature, the planet.

Look what happened when we took "people" off the planet during numerous lockdowns .
Before our very eyes we witnessed the most beautiful , amazing things happening.
Skies cleared .
In Manila , my daughter in law told me she saw mountains on the horizon that she had never seen before and didn't even know existed.
Look at all the amazing wild animals that ventured into the derelict streets and cities ....
It was wonderful beyond wonderful...
Mountain goats in Wales in people's front gardens eating all the flowers and grass and hedges !!
FABULOUS.

So in reality we need to get rid of man !?
Old 16-01-2023, 10:23 AM
Master
And we are all co-responsible through consumption and many of us through reproduction (more people = more houses, more energy requirements, more roads, more economic activity, more money needed for public health care etc.)

But on consumption, much of the Amazon rainforest destruction for instance wouldn't have happen and would not continue to happen if people don't eat beef.

Recently the EU has worked on an excellent policy where it will no longer make deals with companies that continue to rely on deforestation for production. It has not yet passed but that they are thinking about it is hopeful. Already angry sounds coming from Indonesia. They're basically saying ''screw the environment, the orang-utans and tigers, screw the thick clouds of smoke covering other countries here in Asia. We want to make money!''

It doesn't have to be this way. We don't need to use as much land as we do now to feed the world population. I have seen how much can be produced in various countries when space isn't wasted on cows and pigs. All that land used to grow crops for them can be used to grow crops for us. Less water needed, less animals slaughtered, etc.

But it takes leaders with a sense of right and wrong to make it happen, and it takes individual consumers to do their part also. And companies and countries that are in denial and wish to preserve the status quo of greed and ego should be publicly shamed.
Old 16-01-2023, 10:29 AM
Master

We don't Altair.
It's true , all of it, and life could be very simple and straightforward.....
But we are fighting the fat cats , the emporiums, the rich ....
We are fighting the ones that couldn't care less and there are more of them than us and money talks .

GREED

it all comes down to that word ...
The worst swear word in the whole of human existence....

And I cannot and will not die happy with all this going on.
Old 16-01-2023, 10:56 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue
But we are fighting the fat cats , the emporiums, the rich ....
We are fighting the ones that couldn't care less and there are more of them than us and money talks .

I tend to look at it differently, and it's also how I interpret history in general. It isn't just this or that leader or organization, it's each and every one of us participating in harmful activities.

From my point of view everyone is responsible, be it in a large or a small way. For example, people may think the world is a better place without this or that leader, and they could be right, but it does not mean so called 'downtrodden' are any better. It's also less wealthy Africans that kill and even eat the pygmy Africans in the Congo jungle. But many people don't even know that. It was poor Christians in Ancient Rome that were a destabilizing force. It was 'simple' people that were a force behind communism. Being ''non-elite'' doesn't make anyone good..

Let's not forget there have been many revolutions and it has shown the darkness of 'simple' people again and again. The potential to cause harm is present in all of us.
Old 16-01-2023, 11:03 AM
Master

But tiny little drops in the ocean Altair surely ? Otherwise everything would have been resolved a long time ago ?
Those of us that do the "little" things cannot "keep up " with the progress of greed and the rich and those that couldn't care less?
Old 18-01-2023, 10:59 AM
Master
Quote:
But tiny little drops in the ocean Altair surely ? Otherwise everything would have been resolved a long time ago ?
Those of us that do the "little" things cannot "keep up " with the progress of greed and the rich and those that couldn't care less?

It is all the ''tiny little drops'' put together that form a large drop that pollutes the environment, demands more resources and human habitat, and shrinks wildlife habitat.

The mantra for thousands of years now has been ''more! more! more!''
More people, more resources, more this more that. In recent centuries it only got worse with rampant capitalism. I doubt ''humanity'' will ever be different, because it would have to live by a radically different philosophy, and for that to work most would have to enjoy it also. Think such things as cold showering, less travelling around, sustainable diets, family planning etc. Those are solutions, but established power (structures) don't like you doing that.

It's more conceivable that it will one day go to other planets and do the same thing over again. We behave like a virus and are generally inconsiderate of other living beings.
Old 19-01-2023, 07:19 AM
Master

I can see fully what you mean. And I agree to the vast extent , however , given that we already live like that the cycle needs to be broken with little baby steps . People need educating , but I , as I told you once before believe it may be too late .

Too little too late.
Our planet is suffocating.
Old 19-01-2023, 11:52 AM
Master
Quote:
People need educating ,

Yes, education about the environment, species, contraceptives, family planning.

Quote:
Too little too late.
Our planet is suffocating.

The planet itself is okay, its the many existing ecosystems and biodiversity that are in trouble. The biosphere itself can regenerate and after a few 100K or millions of years the situation resolves. However, from our individual/human/civilization point of view that isn't worthwhile to wait for.
Old 19-01-2023, 01:37 PM
Master

Oh goodness and YES ... The planet is fine. It's amazing , it's beautiful, it's self sufficient . It does not need "man" , but man needs the planet.
Shame "man" cannot appreciate that fact.
Old 23-01-2023, 05:23 PM
Deactivated Account

I believe we contract negative karma when we hurt or mistreat nature.