Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 21-09-2022, 10:01 PM
traceyacey12

What is your opinion of the Bible?

What is your opinion of the Bible? Is it really the final authority on life? Can we trust it?
Old 21-09-2022, 10:33 PM
Imo

You always have such good questions!!! Is it the final authority - No.
Can we trust it, no.
Yet, it has profound truths and WISE directions or advice.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 22-09-2022, 02:45 AM
traceyacey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
You always have such good questions!!! Is it the final authority - No.
Can we trust it, no.
Yet, it has profound truths and WISE directions or advice.
Lol thanks. Why can't we trust it? And what's your opinion on those that take it as final authority?
Old 22-09-2022, 04:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyacey12
Lol thanks. Why can't we trust it?
And what's your opinion on those that take it as final authority?
I have a feeling others will jump in to say why it is not trustworthy...and that will be our opinion only. I'll check back later.
As to the 2nd question - I would not want to talk about others' beliefs..if they are happy, great.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 22-09-2022, 09:00 AM
Administrator
You asked can we trust the Bible my opinion is NO. why would you want to believe in something that has been written by man.
they say the info comes from tablets.
Who deciphered them whoever, wrote their interpretation of what they said
The bible keeps changing depending on who wrote it.
So No you can not believe in a book

Namaste
Old 23-09-2022, 08:57 AM
Suspended
Guide

I agree with Native spirit.The Bible was edited by man to control man
Old 23-09-2022, 09:06 AM
Master

I think it’s outdated. The news refreshed everyday for a good reason. No way of thinking should last longer than that the people get wiser.

Much kindness,

CW
Old 23-09-2022, 08:49 PM
Master

Quote:
Lol thanks. Why can't we trust it? And what's your opinion on those that take it as final authority?
Traceyacey12,

To have an opinion on whether or not to trust the Bible the thing that is actually relevant is whether or not your understanding of it can be trusted. Fluency in language guarantees nothing. Believers or not usually rely chiefly on literal understanding. One that does not recognize symbolism, metaphors , allegory, etc will be cheated out of the depth of the Bible and any scriptures.

Read the opening verses of Psalm 1…..(my paraphrase)….”Blessed is the man who delights in the Scripture and on these scriptures he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season…”. It is continuous meditation that produces fruit……and that fruit is deeper understanding.

Even in my paraphrase I could break down individual words to extract deeper meaning….namely ‘trees’, ‘streams’, ‘water’, ‘fruit’…..each have significant spiritual meaning far beyond the literal meaning. It is there waiting to be uncovered.
Old 26-09-2022, 12:56 AM
Master
What is your opinion of the Bible?

Quote:
What is your opinion of the Bible? Is it really the final authority on life? Can we trust it?
Traceyacey12,

I was intrigued by your questions: "What is your opinion of the Bible? Is it really the final authority on life? Can we trust it?"

In all my life, it had not hit me to consider the scripture of ANY religion from this angle, until just now: The more important question is "WHAT IS YOUR OPINION OF YOURSELF?"

WHY? Because ONLY YOU HAVE THE POWER to determine and decide the trustworthiness of the answers to those questions for yourself.

Then the strangest "revelation" occurred to me that...makes soooo much sense:

NOT A SINGLE WORD OF SCRIPTURE IN ALL THE RELIGIONS IN THE WORLD CAN EVEN DO THE MOST IMPORTANT FUNCTION IN YOUR LIFE:

....and that is: NO book, no matter WHAT it is called, even has the power to BE you much less MAKE your decisions FOR YOU, any more than any page in any book there has EVER BEEN, has the power to...LIVE YOUR LIFE!

Can "Scripture" OVERRULE your power to make YOUR OWN decisions or IS IT YOU who has the power to choose HOW you will be guided?

Only the I AM THAT YOU ARE, has the power to decide what YOU will do with YOUR OWN POWER TO CHOOSE....even to CHOOSE wrongly!

...or, for that matter, rightly!

Either way, YOU decide how you are guided.

Scripture does not have the authority to "write" you...

YOU write the "story of your life" by turning its "pages" with your own experiences.

...not the other way around.

I was just about to write "hope this helps", knowing that its "helpfulness" is solely within your power, as it always has been.

Again, not the other way around.

That's the point, isn't it?
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)

Last edited by guthrio : 27-09-2022 at 12:29 AM. Reason: clarify input
Old 28-09-2022, 10:28 AM
Master
Quote:
The bible itself is full of inspirational stories and is an excellent guide. But people have a tendency to fabricate it in order to manipulate people for there own gain.