Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > General

Old 20-04-2022, 02:22 PM
asearcher

I'm afraid even if I did that my younger self would not get my older self .Sigh. I'm just hopeless ;)

Perhaps I should mention I once did try (not just talk) something but that was past life related and it was as if some beings not visible to the eye of others there that day intervened so I could not do it, what my intention was to do, plus my past life self nearly fainted apparently, began to shake etc (witnesses, would read what they had to say about it and because I read it after I had this experience and not before - I can't say if it was like that from the start so I don't know if I actually changed anything), and began to cry, but still trying to maintain what was earlier planned and go through with it. The witnesses to this event was my past life self's close friend and my past life self's partner and someone else so it was written about so that I could read it.

That could have happened even if I had not done that, but i will never know. Last time I tried that. Those beings - I don't know what they were but they did not like that, they were almost like shadows in a group and they were trying to separate me from still staying in my past life self body. For some time there was this struggle and even if I thought I had made it, I had not, and I could only witness my past life self proceed. I know she was afraid to not proceed but at the same time this was not something she wanted to do, but they had frighten her into it. It would have been wonderful to know what her life would have been like had she not done it. I believe it was a decision she always came to regret. She was afraid of their anger and she did not want to hurt anyone (emotionally).

It is so typical. That was a moment I really wanted to change in my past life. Perhaps I only made it worse.

Last edited by asearcher : 20-04-2022 at 03:32 PM.
Old 20-04-2022, 11:31 PM
Experiencer
It's quite interesting to me that so many want to change things in their past. My own "rules" prevent that for me. I don't feel I have any right to influence my past self that way. What I can do, however, is love him. Be with him. "Support" him. Let him know I understand and it's ok. He's ok. I don't know if that makes a difference, but I do find it very satisfying.
Old 21-04-2022, 02:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Passing
I've been learning about time recently (via experiences mainly) and I've come to realize that you actually can talk to your younger self. We all have memories. Easy enough to remember, feel yourself at a time in the past, and connect to yourself. Simple. But does it do anything? The past is kind of frozen right? All done.

But that's the thing. I'm not sure it is. Not anymore. ...

All I know is when I "peek" at time my brain breaks. And when I deeply connect with myself in the past time starts to fall apart - quite literally. Which suggests to me something is happening.
This is a big can of worms (very complicated).

Talking to a representation from memory is generally a different thing than talking directly across time. Human memories are NOT fixed. Science has shown that they are slightly altered every time you recall them. This does not change the past, only your memory of and feelings about your past.

Its also possible to store a thought now for your future self.

As to time itself, it IS fixed AND can be altered. To understand this, think of a movie. You can watch a movie 100 times and it will be the same every time. However, you can also load it into video editing software and change the movie. Afterwards you can watch the move another hundred times and it will be the same each time yet never the same as the first 100 views. Note that this does NOT alter your memories of there being two versions of the movie as you watched it. The 'altered' movie can coexist with the original movie allowing you to watch the one you want. Time is like that.

[very advanced] Yes it is possible to directly communicate to yourself across time. In most cases, it changes things a bit but does not produce the desired changes.
Old 21-04-2022, 02:57 AM
Experiencer
That's very interesting wstein. That does line up with some of the things I've seen - "kinda sorta". For myself I'm not sure yet, but I truly appreciate your understanding of it. It means, I think, that I'm not doing anything "harmful". That's kind of important to me. I often stumble around in the dark, but I do my best to "do no harm".

Just to make it clear, I've no intention of changing the past. I've never wanted to do that and still don't. But exploring my memories has been richly rewarding, and led to a lot of unexpected things. Once time got involved things got complicated, so I stopped (for now). Wanted to assess what was going on to make sure I wasn't stepping "out of bounds" so to speak. I'm not real worried about that - I have help for that sort of thing - just reminding myself to be careful.

Your insights are interesting, and what you said about being able to change memories is very true. Although what I've found is that we "replace" them - the originals are still there if we look for them. Honestly, it's quite absurd the things I can find in there, but I recognize myself in that too. I love absurd things, so some of the stuff I've found seem like love notes I've left myself. (lol)

In the end, the only "communication" I'm truly interested in having with my past self is essentially a hug.

Last edited by Justin Passing : 21-04-2022 at 10:57 AM.
Old 21-04-2022, 08:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by asearcher
The witnesses to this event was my past life self's close friend and my past life self's partner and someone else so it was written about so that I could read it

Hello asearcher

Just to compliment that you have a strong 3rd eye and you're gifted

Aside from that, another aspect of talking to my younger self - I would tell her about directing more of that creative energy back then
Old 21-04-2022, 07:02 PM
asearcher

Hi Izz, that is super sweet of you to think I'm gifted, I always feel like a newbie hitting against something, hi hi, but not knowing what it is.
Old 22-04-2022, 04:09 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
I always feel like a newbie hitting against something, hi hi, but not knowing what it is.
I know that feeling asearcher. I rarely know what anything is. And I do love trying to figure it all out. Totally useless, but so much fun.

I wouldn't call you a newbie though. As far as I can tell you have a few rather strong "gifts". You've navigated potholes I've seen others spend a lifetime in. Being a "feeler" can be rough, but I think you've weathered the storm rather well. For the most part you've got a very positive attitude. To me that's the best indicator of success. And despite the fact that your feelings are very strong you don't let them rule you. You live WITH them. I love seeing that and think it's very impressive. Honestly, in that way at least, I want to be more like you.

I've a habit of disassociating a lot. Putting some space between myself and my feelings. And while it's good to be able to do that, doing it all the time isn't that great. Living my life is way better than watching it. So I've been working on breaking that habit. To not watch all the time. To live. So far so good. And when I feel my past self - feel that disassociation within me - that disconnection - I just want to hug myself and tell him it's ok. He's safe. He doesn't have to stay outside and watch. He can come in. And when I do that I can feel it inside, like a warm glow inviting me to come in out of the cold.
Old 22-04-2022, 06:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Wanted to assess what was going on to make sure I wasn't stepping "out of bounds" so to speak. I'm not real worried about that - I have help for that sort of thing - just reminding myself to be careful.
Wise

Quote:
Your insights are interesting, and what you said about being able to change memories is very true. Although what I've found is that we "replace" them - the originals are still there if we look for them. Honestly, it's quite absurd the things I can find in there, but I recognize myself in that too. I love absurd things, so some of the stuff I've found seem like love notes I've left myself. (lol)
FYI there are some therapy methods based on the idea of recalling traumatic events and reviewing them in a controlled calm situation. Most of this research is related to PTSD. You are right, the recall of the actual incident often doesn't change all that much though one might get a more inclusive view rather than fixating on one specific detail. What does change a lot is one's emotional reaction to what happened (most often to be less intense).
Old 22-04-2022, 12:00 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
You are right, the recall of the actual incident often doesn't change all that much though one might get a more inclusive view rather than fixating on one specific detail. What does change a lot is one's emotional reaction to what happened (most often to be less intense).
Oh yeah - that definitely happens. IMO the emotional charge dissipates once it's "had it's say", but the memory (and the feelings you had at the time) remain. It can make traumatic memories a LOT easier to live with. Heck, it makes living a lot easier. As I've been exploring my memories I've been taking the time to release any "stored up emotional charges" that I find. Mostly rather minor stuff, but it's nice to finally let it all go. As a dissociative type I have a bad habit of storing feelings rather than feeling/processing them, especially when I was younger. Out of sight is NOT out of mind.

This approach to emotional trauma doesn't seem very popular however. I'm not sure why. It works, and it's fairly simple to do, but for major traumas it does mean you quite literally "walk through hell". You "relive" your trauma, and I think in many cases people simply can't/won't do that. In those cases other methods may work better. However you do it, after you've "diffused" the emotional charge a bit (or a lot), it's easier to finally let it go.

And there's a funny thing that happens as you release this stuff from earlier and earlier in your life. You find ones you don't want to let go of. They hurt, but you want to keep them. Feel you should keep them. They're part of who you are - what you believe in - what you stand for. You want them to stay because they're a reminder. Personally, I think we're better off letting those go too. You won't forget who you are without them, but you will feel a lot lighter. IMO less emotional baggage is a good thing.
Old 28-04-2022, 09:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Hi Izz, that is super sweet of you to think I'm gifted, I always feel like a newbie hitting against something, hi hi, but not knowing what it is.

Yes you are indeed gifted asearcher

I figured that connecting with younger self is also a way of connecting with Higher self

I appreciate it so much, as I would've told my younger self about direction of creative energy