Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > The Sanctuary

Old 17-03-2022, 01:07 PM
Knower
Trips down memory lane

Isn't it funny how sometimes we are taken on trips down memory lane? Today, two posts from two different members made me recall things from 40 and 30 years ago. Interestingly enough, the same thing already happened two nights ago. I heard a reggae song on Youtube and it brought back some fond memories of a good friend of mine dancing to Bob Marley with her hands in her pockets in the mid-eighties. She looked so peaceful and happy that night! Some time before that, after having a huge fight with her boyfriend, she got so distressed that she banged her head on the wall, not too hard, fortunately. I walked in on her and she said: "Please, don't say anything to anyone". I always had such a strong sense of privacy that even if she hadn't asked, I wouldn't have said anything even though I was a bit concerned for her. So, hearing this reggae song, I thought of her and I decided to pray for her. I'm not sure she felt it but is was nice to kind of spend a moment with her this way. I also remember, on a couple of occasions, feeling an old friend praying for me and being given their name or shown their image. Maybe they had been taking a trip down memory lane involving me...

Anyway, isn't it wonderful how true friendship lasts forever, even with friends with whom we lost touch a long time ago? Isn't it even more wonderful we can still be in touch with them on some level even though we lost touch with them?
Old 09-04-2022, 05:03 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentDrum
Anyway, isn't it wonderful how true friendship lasts forever, even with friends with whom we lost touch a long time ago? Isn't it even more wonderful we can still be in touch with them on some level even though we lost touch with them?
Yes - it truly is wonderful. I love how memories can connect us through time and space. Even the bitter-sweet ones feel like nectar flowing through my veins.

Thank you so much for posting this. I was beginning to feel like no one here truly values memories. I've been exploring my memories lately, and it's been a truly amazing and rather eye-opening journey. Quite worthwhile in my opinion. There's so much more to it than people think. So much more.
Old 09-04-2022, 08:37 PM
Administrator
I think out Memories can influence how we act with other people.
For myself I have a very good memory.
and just sitting quietly remembering the memories keep us conected

Namaste
Old 09-04-2022, 10:08 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
I think out Memories can influence how we act with other people.
For myself I have a very good memory.
and just sitting quietly remembering the memories keep us conected
I agree - our memories can and do influence us quite a lot in my opinion. Being connected to them - feeling ourselves and others in all those times and places - it's such a rich and rewarding experience. And I can feel it as it was then or as it would be now, or with any of the "me's" in between. Subtle things suddenly become apparent. Things that affect me that I was unaware of but I can now simply listen to (feel) and let go of. Feelings I had no idea I was still carrying. Even feelings I had no idea I was storing at the time. And as you remember, more memories appear. Honestly, it's like walking through an enchanted forest with pathways leading everywhere.