Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 01-12-2016, 01:49 AM
Master
I'm 23 years old and I never been a serious relationship yet. I'm' not trying to rush the progress either it will happen when the time is right for a person to enter my life or not.
Old 01-12-2016, 03:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsearching
I'm 23 years old and I never been a serious relationship yet. I'm' not trying to rush the progress either it will happen when the time is right for a person to enter my life or not.

I'm on the same boat except i'm 33 lol. I agree with Clover about pursuing something you are passionate about. I completely forget about relationships when my mind is focused on other things. I don't worry about those around me being in relationships because i know some of them are miserable because of their relationship. But i too feel lonely from time to time and would like to meet someone who is compatible with me.
Old 01-12-2016, 06:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
I'm on the same boat except i'm 33 lol. I agree with Clover about pursuing something you are passionate about. I completely forget about relationships when my mind is focused on other things. I don't worry about those around me being in relationships because i know some of them are miserable because of their relationship. But i too feel lonely from time to time and would like to meet someone who is compatible with me.

You'll find someone who is compatible with yourself. I want someone who can teach me things and I can do the same vice versa for him. You're right about people whom are just "miserable" or "content" with their significant other.
Old 01-12-2016, 08:05 AM
Master
Quote:
You'll find someone who is compatible with yourself.

Thanks, that means a lot.

Quote:
I want someone who can teach me things and I can do the same vice versa for him.

Same, a balanced relationship where we push each other to be better.

Good luck in your journey.
Old 09-12-2016, 02:26 AM
Guide
I remember being in my 20s and feeling that a relationship was something I had to seek...I found it, got married, and was miserable for the next seven years! I'm also 33 (I'm going to be sad to leave this age lol!) and realized a year ago that I can be happy AND be single! That's definitely not to say I don't get lonely...geez, I'm lonely right now! But, I've noticed that desperate loneliness goes hand-in-hand with my hormone shifts lol so I don't give in to them and seek comfort with another very wrong person just because ;)

So many people are miserable and stuck, but, there are so many people who are happy in relationships...that's what I aspire for, and refuse to settle for less than, not like in my 20s where I felt I HAD to fill a proverbial void and grow old with someone else.

Speaking of growing older, you are still so very young, and the rate at which people grow is not the same. The only truth is, majority of people do grow and expand, and sometimes their partner does so in the opposite direction. Those are the relationships who end up miserable together because they got together when they weren't secure in their own self (obviously not everyone, just generalized). So, don't force a relationship just to have one, sometimes friends, or even yourself, can fill that loneliness for now :)
Old 24-12-2016, 12:45 AM
Experiencer
Totally agree with many points here. Before my marriage I thought that having my own family was the answer to happiness, but when I got married I realized it is not. Now I am happily divorced, and have to say I feel better than ever before. It is not being in the relationship or not being in one that makes us happy. It is either appreciation based thinking or being present (no thinking and just pure experience.) But I have to say, that being single makes it easier to be appreciative or present. Possibly, because of less triggers, which bring up lost of negative beliefs, needing approval, expecting other person to behave in certain way, etc. It is much easier to connect to inner joy and peace, when I am single.
Old 24-12-2016, 01:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by memo20
I'm almost 24 and have pretty much been single my whole life. I'm really quite shy. I've dated a few people but it was for a month or so. Then I met the love of my life which I believe is my tf. But we haven't spoken In ages. I feel incredibly lonely. I've been single practically my whole life. I've learned a lot about myself. And overall generally I'm happy with who I am. I just wish someone would love and care for me and share intamacy with like holding hands pat on the back etc. I feel like I'll be single forever no one will want me. All my friends are so dependent on their bfs for happiness.
I can really relate to this, I'm pretty shy too yet I yearn for intimacy. This might sound awfully glib, but as far as intimacy goes, start with this moment - whatever you're experiencing right now, whether it's loneliness, sadness, frustration, or anything else, be with it the way you'd be with a partner with whom you're in love. Be vulnerable, be open, be receptive, with whatever you're feeling
Old 24-12-2016, 02:26 AM
Master
Fish

Quote:
I'm almost 24 and have pretty much been single my whole life.

Your whole life has barely begun! Every day is a new clean page to write on it whatever you want! Be happy single. Be happy not single. Life will bring partners and take them away and bring new ones and take them away. It is just waves on the ocean.
Old 24-12-2016, 03:51 AM
Experiencer
all the single ladies your single days are over now that am here
that is a practical solution for all your problems
no ads tis the real deal
how come i didn't stumble on place full of single ladies like this one before
"And when the waves overwhelm them like the dark shadows they call upon Allah for help with pure devotion and when He brings them safety, some of them still doubtful and none denies Our clear signs but every very perfidious very ungrateful one.."
Old 24-12-2016, 12:10 PM
Guide
When I was 24 I made the mistake of thinking I was ‘on the shelf’ and married the first man who showed any interest. I thought I was in love and knew what love was but I didn’t. We got married but it was over in six months. Fortunately, I got out before we had kids. Then I moved into a flat on my own and discovered what life was all about – being on my own. I just loved it! I’ve lived on my own ever since and the older I get the more I appreciate my own space. So many people think they have to be in a relationship to be happy – and nothing could be further from the truth. Be happy with who and what you are first.