Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Closed Thread

Old 24-05-2023, 10:26 PM
backhere

If you become a celebrity too it won't be too weird if you make a statement in the press claiming he's your tf. I cannot go out telling the world the same thing, because I'm just an anonymous admirer and I would look like a psycho, so I decided to keep my mouth shut forever and stay non-existent. I never talked to him, even though I would have many things to talk about. If I became the most famous person in the world tomorrow then I would be taken more seriously, but I never wanted to be famous. Anyway, good luck to you and I hope you can meet this person someday and, who knows, maybe you'll even end up working together.
Old 25-05-2023, 02:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Biological my guess. A large group of folks competing for a tiny minority of highly attractive folks. They want the 'best', which is unavailable anyway and the crazy competitiveness that surrounds it makes it an even more powerful drug.
I like your post, it makes perfect sense. It aligns with Natural Selection the physical attractiveness and wanting good genes with looking for a potential partner.

Last edited by girlsearching : 25-05-2023 at 03:55 AM.
Old 25-05-2023, 06:02 PM
Master

yeah there is something to be said for the fact of maladaptive daydreams... but on the other hand anything IS possible. But when those two things feed each other, I gotta watch out... because just the fact that anything is possible doesn't mean that something specific will manifest itself... and then I often waste the rest of my life in some dream of something I can never have.

That said I don't really think it would be 'extraordinary' to have a celebrity soul mate... I've been famous enough in past lives to not think of such people as anything other than regular people although they have different strengths and weaknesses than say someone anonymous who is working in an automotive plant.

And certainly I've been paraded a lot of names (impish grin). One of the old ones I had forgotten about popped up the other day, that was a weird one because someone I knew obliquely roomed with her back in the day as she was starting out lol...

But anyway right now, I just wanna concentrate on what is in front of me rather than go off on some quest to find the best possible thing I can get... and no celebrity soul mate is in front of me right now.

So I'm happy right now just living my life day to day and not worrying about such things, I have things to do and places to be and I'm about to go take a nap lol... and I'm very grateful for what I have...

and anyway there is that song 'desparado' they keep playing for me, reminding me that sometimes what I've got is just as good as whatever I might infer society thinks is best for me to have.
Old 25-05-2023, 09:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsearching
I like your post, it makes perfect sense. It aligns with Natural Selection the physical attractiveness and wanting good genes with looking for a potential partner.

Interesting. I'm not quite sure myself whether it is ''likeable'' or not.

First of all, said famous persons usually don't know the 'fan', and will have their own demands and expectations from a partner, in which case it is extremely unlikely for a 'fan' to be noticed let alone be accepted in that kind of way.
Second, scores of people wanting the exact same person for a partner exacerbates inequalities and societal disbalance. Also, many people will be sorely disappointed to find out they are in a pointless competition with one another, and one in which unrealistic dreams lead to self harm.

Having fantasies about people who aren't interested in us or don't even know us is a form of self harm.
Old 26-05-2023, 12:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Interesting. I'm not quite sure myself whether it is ''likeable'' or not.

First of all, said famous persons usually don't know the 'fan', and will have their own demands and expectations from a partner, in which case it is extremely unlikely for a 'fan' to be noticed let alone be accepted in that kind of way..
Than I am at fault because all I do is have extinsive fantasies about people that are not interested in me /or I have never met. The term is called Maladaptive Daydreaming .I don't self harm but, MD is combined with other underlying symptoms. For example, I have anxiety. So the self harm doesn't come as a surprise for me. the body releases the feel good chemical dopamine. Dopamine is like a drug to the brain. Your brain begins to crave the dopamine. Now that you have learned how to manually release this chemical your brain is pretty much begging you for it.*
Old 26-05-2023, 02:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by backhere
If you become a celebrity too it won't be too weird if you make a statement in the press claiming he's your tf. I cannot go out telling the world the same thing, because I'm just an anonymous admirer and I would look like a psycho, so I decided to keep my mouth shut forever and stay non-existent..
For example, a fan in an intense-personal parasocial relationship might consider the celebrity as their soulmate.
Old 26-05-2023, 04:50 AM
Master
The Three Levels of Parasocial Relationships

McCutcheon et al. (2002)*established the Celebrity Attitude Scale (CAS), identifying three levels of parasocial*relationships:

Entertainment-Social*– The least intense level, where celebrities serve only to entertain. At this level, people don't tend to have strong feelings or attachments towards the celebrity/character.

Intense-Personal*– At this*level, people develop a sense of greater personal connection with the celebrity. They might feel compelled to learn more about their life and personality, they might idolise them or start to mirror them, developing obsessive thoughts.

Borderline Pathological–*This is the most intense level, which can include obsessive fantasies and extreme behaviour. This extreme behaviour may include financial investments, such as spending a lot of money to see the person or get their*attention, or illegal behaviour, such as stalking. At this level, it is also common for the fan to believe their feelings will be reciprocated when they meet the target of their adoration.
Old 11-06-2023, 07:33 PM
Master
One half of Rap Duo Kris Kross(Atlanta, Georgia natives) member Christopher Harrison Elgin Smith 1-10-1979 is way out of my league.
Old 23-06-2023, 01:31 AM
Knower

I believe a I have a semi-famous soulmate (not the romantic kind). Are they aware of any connection? Most likely not. Do I plan on trying to contact them on a more personal level? Probably not.

It is pretty amusing writing comments on their channel from time to time, (they are a YouTuber), and watching the confusion on their face when they say something in a video, and find out I said the same thing a few days before.
Old 23-06-2023, 01:31 AM
Knower

I believe a I have a semi-famous soulmate (not the romantic kind). Are they aware of any connection? Most likely not. Do I plan on trying to contact them on a more personal level? Probably not.

It is pretty amusing writing comments on their channel from time to time, (they are a YouTuber), and watching the confusion on their face when they say something in a video, and find out I said the same thing a few days before.
Closed Thread