Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 21-05-2023, 05:11 PM
Newbie ;)

Don't know how to shake this depression

I've been depressed lately because I have heart disease. I don't know what to do to be less depressed. The schizophrenia I have also makes me depressed. I don't know what to do to become happy. I've tried anti depressants for a while but they didn't help much. Tried pot and it made me paranoid. If I moved to a different town and got a room mate that might make me happy but no one will help me move. Also my mom doesn't want me to move and she helps me get by. I miss being happy. There's got to be more to life than this.
Old 21-05-2023, 05:44 PM
Whassup with all the multiple posts of the same one!?
Just click ''Post Quick Reply'' ONE x...and wait.
Check back that only one posted, please. Thanks. :)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 21-05-2023, 05:49 PM
Could it be an un-diagnosed hormone imbalance..?..that can do it, btw.
St. Johns Wort Standardized capsules will kick in in 3 weeks, like to the DAY!
Not all doctors are great with this...some are experts, btw.
So don't get discouraged...someone is it there that can fig this out. :)

Find one in your city -Pharmacopsychiatry

Thieme Medical Publishers, Indiahttps://www.thieme.in › pharmacopsychiatry

Covering advances in the field of psychotropic drugs, Pharmacopsychiatry provides psychiatrists
neuroscientists and clinicians with key clinical insights ...

My friend was engaged to a doctor like this ---that's how I know there's hope!
And been depressed, know depressed people and what their doctors did, took antidepressants 25 yrs ago,
lived with therapists for 26 yrs...
most of me friends are therapists, been in therapy ...hahahah, it's like a curse.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 21-05-2023, 06:03 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdomofmushroom
If I moved to a different town and got a room mate that might make me happy but no one will help me move. Also my mom doesn't want me to move and she helps me get by.
I am not a doctor or a therapist so I will not comment on your condition or any possible remedies. But I have to question whether moving to a different town will help.

Firstly, wherever you go you will take yourself (and all your issues) with you.
Secondly, unless you already know people there then you will most likely be alone with no support network.
Thirdly, finding a room mate is a bit of a lottery - living with the wrong person may just add to the pressure on you.
Fourthly, if your mom helps you get by then will you manage without that help?

Maybe for some people a complete change of scene would be a fresh start, but it does not sound like you are in a position to make such a change.

Peace
Old 21-05-2023, 08:41 PM
Administrator
Maybe the antidepressants you were taking need changing.
there is not one pill that suits everyone.
speak to your doctor he should help you.
or put you in touch with a therapist that can

Namaste
Old 21-05-2023, 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
Maybe the antidepressants you were taking need changing.
there is not one pill that suits everyone.
Right! Yet, many doctors that do not specialize in depression and brain chemistry just dole out 'some' latest pill...
There is hope.

Old 22-05-2023, 02:13 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdomofmushroom
I miss being happy. There's got to be more to life than this.
I was always unhappy growing up in my parent's home. Unhappiness can lead to depression. I am not saying this as an expert on depression, but just based on my own experience. If there is more to life than suffering, we need to find what more there is. In my case I made searching the meaning of life my goal. A search tends to keep us focused and grounded. This also is not a statement I make as an expert. I am speaking from my own experience only. My search has led me to a line of work in which I find fulfillment. I think fulfillment is a good antidote to depression.
Old 22-05-2023, 07:21 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris
I was always unhappy growing up in my parent's home. Unhappiness can lead to depression. ... I think fulfillment is a good antidote to depression.
What you say is true but kingdomofmushroom does say "I've been depressed lately because I have heart disease."

While the origin of this depression may have its roots in earlier experiences, there does seem to be a present cause (the heart disease, not to mention the schizophrenia).

Can kingdomofmushroom become free from depression, even if the heart disease remains?

If the heart disease is treated and cured, will that remove kingdomofmushroom's depression?

This situation seems too complex to be resolved by some simple advice on a forum.

Peace
Old 22-05-2023, 08:51 PM
Administrator
What iamthat has said is completely true.
there is more than one issue here.

Namaste
Old 25-05-2023, 09:05 PM
Experiencer
I found that socializing helps. Go hang out with friends. Isolating yourself doesn't help.