Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 28-07-2023, 02:02 AM
Guide
Sleep paralysis is special to me lol. It also seems to be a unique time when the mind is turned down enough but awareness is open enough to see other beings or at least meet them "halfway" for communication.

Some argue it's the imagination, I say imagination is something we create with but the hallucinations in sleep paralysis are coming on their own accord, if even created from the unconscious mind.

This is a state where also it seems our vayus (internal currents) are played with by other intelligences. I've been involuntarily paralyzed by manipulating these internal energies.
Old 25-08-2023, 07:41 AM
Seeker

well, this sounds like something out of a horror movie, experiences like this called sleep paralysis are quite common as shown in our research in more than six countries. in this paralyses you try to scream but you can't even move! I imagine waking up in pitch darkness, paralyzed from head to toe! isn't it so scary?
Old 16-10-2023, 01:08 AM
Guide
Quote:
well, this sounds like something out of a horror movie

There's no reason to be afraid but it takes ALLOT of getting used to lol.
I'd say to people also that if they find themselves at this point it should be celebrated and not anything to be scared of.

The body chemically paralyzes itself and is natural. If you can exploit this intelligence through the yoga nidra practice you can reach the state consciously.
You'll see lights, feel vibrations, etc... I would personally disregard any phenomena as just a passing curiosity otherwise you'll get scared and pulled out of it.
Old 18-10-2023, 03:18 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
There is an interesting article in BBC News this morning relating to sleep paralysis.
It happens when only part of the brain is awake. This semi-state can also cause hallucinations such as aliens, angels, religious experiences and such.

When it happened to me, decades ago, I had to fight off a succubus. Never forgotten!
I don't understand why they call that "sleep paralysis". The people I know who have that experience repeatedly, are actively fighting off some kind of demon. They describe how they were flailing their arms at this thing. This is common in Russia and Ukraine; they call it a "house spirit" that they believe lives in their house or apartment and bothers them at night. The description looks just like the drawings from Medieval Europe. In the drawings, the person is in bed wide awake, fighting off the spirit being. It doesn't look like "paralysis" at all! Not once has someone told me they couldn't move; to the contrary, they describe fighting something off very actively.

I'd appreciate whatever thoughts and perspective you can bring to this.
Old 18-10-2023, 05:53 PM
Master

@Seeker1 Based on my experiences that is caused by two 2 things, paralysis and strong pressure on the chest, which may be caused by you trying to breath consciously and not being able to do so for the body is unable to move. It may also be caused, the pressure, by the actual pressure of the bed pushing into your body if one is sleeping on the stomach.

My experiences have shown me that this is fear based, more like the mind going into crazy mode by not moving able to move the physical body ( all sorts of thoughts, like being stuck in that state forever, not being able to see your family, dark presences etc ).. I had hundreds sleep paralysis experiences and I have never seen something on my chest, the demons , the shadow figures and so on, created out of fear, after a while I actually welcomed these experienced. Once I thought the clothes on the hanger are demons, I managed to somehow open an eye, that was funny.

These are just my experiences, if one manages to relax, then an out of body experience is possible and one will never be the same after such an experience.
Old 29-11-2023, 08:39 AM
Newbie ;)

hts in the room as well, but with me it was just a case of thinking I was awake but unable to move.
The way to come out of it for me is to not panic and to try and relax then it slowly goes away.
Perhaps we're still asleep and just think we're awake, I
Old 04-12-2023, 08:58 AM
Ascender

I’ve never seen ghosts, monsters or anything else supernatural when I had sleep paralysis. I just knew I was awake and couldn’t move.
Old 04-03-2024, 04:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by loopylucid
Reliably produced in a laboratory? Could you explain your sources there?

This is my source:
https://time.com/6259846/sleep-paral...=pocket-newtab

Also see
Uploading your astral body to the internet
https://www.rickresource.com/forum/v...882937#p882937