Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 07-03-2023, 08:17 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
In a nutshell:

In an OBE YOU control the situation you are in but in a dream the dream controls you I.e. just a passing series of images.

As I understand these, you (unconsciously) control your dream too, but like in your awake state, you just don't realize that, and believe that "things happen to you". So, the difference is that you are / become "lucid" to the fact that you create your experience with your focus, beliefs, expectations, emotions.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 08-03-2023, 05:51 AM
Master

avalan: Yes I see your point and feel that yes you do unconsciously control your dream, but only PARTLY.

In a dream all your thoughts about what’s happened/happening in your life are kinda jumbled and come to you in a rapid uncontrolled manner Where as in an OBE they are handled in a more deliberate and controlled manner ie each thing you think about stays with you until you decide you want something else. In a dream it seams to move at its own pace and not at the pace that you would want.

I guess an OBE is more of a slowing down and carefully thought out process than a dream. Well that’s the best way I can compare them. Hope you understand what I am trying to say. But of course that is just my perception of it and others may experience it in another way.

I did say my first comments were “in a nutshell”. Lol
Old 09-03-2023, 11:52 PM
Newbie ;)

@inavalan thank you, this explains a lot.
Old 09-03-2023, 11:54 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexi-Girl
I often dream I am having an OBE but upon waking I realize it's only a dream. It's kind of frustrating that my sub-conscious would trick me like that.

Yeh I have that too! I never know if it's a real OBE or just a dream. I think I had them for real at one point because I was finding myself in my room (usually after vibrations) and I couldn't see until I moved further away from my body. I think they were real but I haven't had one like that for a while.
Old 11-03-2023, 02:16 AM
Master
More then anything else the OBE’s I have had gave me evidence and great confidence that there is more to this existence then just being human. I did not seek an out of body experience, they happened spontaneously. I had no longing for them and no idea about them. The first one freaked me out to the point that I focused to get back into my body, and then I got up and ran out of the house trying to get away from it after being put back in my body. I later talked with a Mahatma who told me that my OBE was a gift and that I had a lack of surrender. Subsequent OBE’s were very incredible, harmonious, and always ecstatically beautiful.
Old 11-03-2023, 03:54 AM
Master
When our physical body is severely damaged and can no longer sustain us we leave our body. It is also my experience when we are faced with severe emotional trauma we can also be pulled outside of our body.

I have experienced a lot of trauma in my life; I had a very painful childhood, was later a combat medic in Vietnam during that war, carried dead babies in my arms, lost my eyesight and was totally blind for about 5-years, etc. etc., etc.

I have found when I am faced with situations beyond my emotional capacity, those situations often push me outside of my physical body, where I experience peace from that impact filled situation. But most of my OBE have happened when I was at total peace with myself, mostly when I am in a quiet meditative state.
Old 13-03-2023, 02:41 AM
Newbie ;)

@Starman it's wonderful to hear your OBEs were so amazing, I look forward to having one like that! I think I knew about them since I was like 12 years old so I was never scared of them, I'd never had one before then (but I did get night terrors and paralysis and that alien presence a couple times) maybe could've made that into an OBE if I'd know what to do. I can see how it must be scary the first time to suddenly find yourself out of body when you have no idea what is happening to you.

I'm sorry to hear about your traumatic experiences, I've heard that sort of situation can sometimes trigger an OBE. Although of course I hope I never have an OBE because of something like that.

Meditation seems to be a good way to have them. I never really got to grips with it, never quite understood what I was supposed to be doing or feeling. Do you have any tips? Do you focus on your breath? That seems the easiest although I still find it a bit hard, as in where/how do I focus on my breath (a bit hard to explain) maybe am just overthinking it.

Thanks so much for sharing your experiences, really interesting! Can I ask what you did whilst out of body? Did you have time to explore or seek any information?
Old 13-03-2023, 02:42 AM
Newbie ;)

Accidental duplicate post.
Old 13-03-2023, 04:38 AM
Master
musiclover87

People can also have an OBE from extreme joy filled experiences. I heard some at the Oscar
show tonight who had won an Oscar say “I am not completely in my body right now.” I think
OBE’s are very common.
Old 14-03-2023, 12:49 AM
Newbie ;)

Hmm maybe. I've always assumed when people say that they're not talking about the same thing as what I mean but obviously I'm not them so I don't know what they're experiencing. Interesting though.